Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 27 29.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Worst:

"There have been scary scenes at Geelong’s training session on Friday with assistant coach Steven King suffering a medical episode and collapsing.

King was mid-conversation with star forward Jeremy Cameron when he suddenly dropped to the ground.

The 45-year-old was quickly attended to by medical staff and paramedics took him to the Epworth Geelong Hospital in Waurn Ponds.

Cameron was visibly shaken by the incident and players were ushered from the field for 20 minutes or so.

7NEWS chief AFL reporter Mitch Cleary witnessed the incident, saying it was quite “confronting”.

The club’s scheduled press conference with senior coach Chris Scott was delayed."

Maybe I am way to Old School .... BUT ...... under my watch neither of those coming into town for a face to face meeting, of such importance, would EVER have been left to catch a Cab from the airport.

Thats something that I don't like, one little bit.

Sorry I will call that as I see it.

FFS.

Poor Form, West Coast.
I assume they will get a cab to a hotel where they get changed and then make their way to MRP for the interview.

Completely normal to navigate that yourself, like any other job.

And by far the easiest way to get through an airport and out the other side is in a Taxi.

Chatted to a mate who has played under Skipworth and couldn't speak more highly in regards to his ability to plan, prepare and connect with players.

Agree that little snippet wasn't super inspiring, but this same mate has heard whispers that the job is Skipworths, if he wants it.

I spose we will find out if that comes true in the next 4 or 5 days.

Fair enough. Played under him at what level?

Maybe I am way to Old School .... BUT ...... under my watch neither of those coming into town for a face to face meeting, of such importance, would EVER have been left to catch a Cab from the airport.

Thats something that I don't like, one little bit.

Sorry I will call that as I see it.

FFS.

Poor Form, West Coast.
Should have run from the airport to Lathlain Park, John Annear style. Would weed out the flabby contenders as well.

Scary sounding incident for King, hope he’s alright

West Coast didn't pick him up from the airport but we dropped him off at the airport .

two men in tuxedos and bow ties are standing next to each other in a dark room and smiling .

"Kick it to Nick Daicos, then he'll handball it to a stationary teammate, then he'll run past for the handball received. That's it, that's my gameplan." Skipworth, 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Kick it to Nick Daicos, then he'll handball it to a stationary teammate, then he'll run past for the handball received. That's it, that's my gameplan." Skipworth, 2023.

Tap it in the same postcode as Harley Reid you big lumbering oaf Bailey, then let him break tackles until he either kicks it himself or hits Waterman on the chest Simples.

Gameplan breaks down at the whole same postcode thing :(

I assume they will get a cab to a hotel where they get changed and then make their way to MRP for the interview.

Completely normal to navigate that yourself, like any other job.

And by far the easiest way to get through an airport and out the other side is in a Taxi.
Also, the cab fare falls under the soft cap. So, a $50 fee could wind up costing the club close to $100.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back