• Lade

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 30.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurn's resume and standards are about as good as you could hope to see from any player. Got the best out of himself consistently over a very, very long career. Just about every club in the comp would be happy to give him a shot as a development coach.
Above all he was meticulous in executing all of the basics as well as a fine reader of the game.

If King was the one that was going to be chosen.... Then there's no way he can be now... Optics would be weird and players will be questioning him....

Then the question is if you give it to one of the backup choices.... Or Schofield?...

I know which one id choose...

Without knowing exactly what caused it, I don't think it should overly impact the selection process.
Could've just been dehydration, over exertion, etc.
Then the question should rightly get asked whether he's alright, but I don't imagine it's anything too serious if the latest reports say he may be back to 100% by tomorrow. ["I'm led to believe that there is a chance that he could get a clean bill of health really quickly..." - Chris Scott]

This board: I can’t believe they’ve hired Shannon Hurn as development coach, it’s classic jobs for the boys.

Also this board: why wont the club appoint John Worsfold, Matt Priddis, Beau Waters and Mark Seaby as directors instead of all these random Perthonalities?

Without knowing exactly what caused it, I don't think it should overly impact the selection process.
Could've just been dehydration, over exertion, etc.
Then the question should rightly get asked whether he's alright, but I don't imagine it's anything too serious if the latest reports say he may be back to 100% by tomorrow. ["I'm led to believe that there is a chance that he could get a clean bill of health really quickly..." - Chris Scott]
We can wish him well.

wouldn’t mind Jordan Jones coming in as development coach

This board: I can’t believe they’ve hired Shannon Hurn as development coach, it’s classic jobs for the boys.

Also this board: why wont the club appoint John Worsfold, Matt Priddis, Beau Waters and Mark Seaby as directors instead of all these random Perthonalities?

Also this board: the best candidate for next head coach is Dean Cox, closely followed by Ash Hansen and Jaymie Graham.

If King was the one that was going to be chosen.... Then there's no way he can be now... Optics would be weird and players will be questioning him....

Then the question is if you give it to one of the backup choices.... Or Schofield?...

I know which one id choose...

What the hell? There’s no way this does anything to King’s chances unless of course a long term / serious health issue results. Madness that we couldn’t still hire him if a one off event that is now controllable with medical care

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just ridiculous were doing jobs for the boys again when if we've learnt anything in the past month it should be we need more jobs for the girls to get more Daisy's in.

You've been warned before egghead.

How do they know? Who leaked the info they could not of been more impressed?

Exactly

The audio was from yesterday afternoon- the same day Skipworth flew into Perth so there’s no way information about how well he went leaked that quick. Entirely possible he hadn’t even done the interview when that went to air

There’s three candidates so the new coach will be one of that three obviously but nobody outside the selection panel would know who’s leading the race. They might not even know themselves

Of the candidates, King strikes me as the one who could best manage a coaching staff. But Skipworth is the one who could move the magnets around and suddenly find a way to turn our list into a football team. Get him some support, and I think he'll do well.

Of the candidates, King strikes me as the one who could best manage a coaching staff. But Skipworth is the one who could move the magnets around and suddenly find a way to turn our list into a football team. Get him some support, and I think he'll do well.

Ah the good old “shuffle magnets” coaching theory. The “run out of ideas” coachjng.

We pay them to be better than that. Shuffling magnets is important but it can leave players not knowing what their role is.

Exactly

The audio was from yesterday afternoon- the same day Skipworth flew into Perth so there’s no way information about how well he went leaked that quick. Entirely possible he hadn’t even done the interview when that went to air

There’s three candidates so the new coach will be one of that three obviously but nobody outside the selection panel would know who’s leading the race. They might not even know themselves
Do we actually know that Schofield is out of the running? I feel like the only mail the journos have been getting is from who is flying over but Schofield is obviously already in Perth so he could have interviewed at any time.

Can't imagine anyone on the panel would have leaked to the media that he is out of contention.

Ah the good old “shuffle magnets” coaching theory. The “run out of ideas” coachjng.

We pay them to be better than that. Shuffling magnets is important but it can leave players not knowing what their role is.

Well, “shuffle magnets” may have been a bit colloquial. How about “develop a new, innovative game plan to better showcase our players’ skills”? Still Skipworth.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do we actually know that Schofield is out of the running? I feel like the only mail the journos have been getting is from who is flying over but Schofield is obviously already in Perth so he could have interviewed at any time.

Can't imagine anyone on the panel would have leaked to the media that he is out of contention.

We don’t, but as Duffield noted in his article on the B&F, Pyke’s comment during his speech about the new coach coming in with a fresh set of eyes, among other things, seemed rather pointed

Skipworth's credentials are decidedly middling. Played barely more than 50 games and never won a premiership. Spent time as a midfield coach at Essendon, who were pretty mediocre, and then spent 4-5 years at Collingwood. Not sure why he's so highly rated.

McQualter has a similarly medicore playing career. But at least served a number of years under Hardwick at Richmond, including during their 3 premierships.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back