• Lade

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 33 31.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh really, that is a shame! Do you know where?

Brady Hough acknowledged him during his speech for his help and said it would be sad to see him go

No details as to where or why and there’s be nothing official from the club

Would be happy with Skipworth or King.

I'm not sure why I have McQualter further down. The vibes.

I don't think Schofield is a contender. I like him, I hope he sticks around, but I think he's tainted by the last few years to be in the running. Whether that's fair or not I don't know, but I would like to see what he can do implementing a modern gameplan under a new coach. He did some good things during this reign, dropped Darling, made some positive positional moves, gave games to the yoof. He seems like a good bloke and he can coach.
Everybody talking about Schofield always brings up “he dropped Darling”.
Great; but to me the best thing he did by far was put Hutch into the mids in the second half against Geelong.20 touches in a half and looked like everything we are looking for in a midfielder!
Half way through the third quarter I said to mates “ well we’ve found our next midfielder” and he was right under our noses.

Sounds like skip will be worth it for me.
Woosh…. I feel it will go over too many heads.

Especially Todd-ay

And the Simpson this board will have a sook.

They will do they old get on their nee-sham begging and complaining

Anyway enough bad puns for now, save some for Ron….

Did anyone else watch Chris Scott's post game presser and notice that when talking about Stephen King, Scott had to back track a bit and he caught himself mid sentence.

When he said:

"He is going to be a fine Coach at ......" ( caught himself and didn't finish the sentence immediately ), slight pause and a refocussed , then continued ..... "as a Head Coach at some point ..... but if he is not and he is with us next year."

I thought he spoke knowing that King was coaching elsewhere next year, maybe I was misreading Scott, but if felt and looked a bit weird.

Now ... I am no body language expert ( thats WCE_phil speciality , but I though that Scott's body language and general demeanour, knew that King wasn't going to be at Geelong next year ....... :think::think::think::think:

I am basing that also on an assumption that IF West Coast had made their decision, that out of courtesy that may have already informed Geelong.

Then again I might be talking total sh1t and have badly read the " tea leaves " of Scott's presser.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone else watch Chris Scott's post game presser and notice that when talking about Stephen King, Scott had to back track a bit and he caught himself mid sentence.

When he said:

"He is going to be a fine Coach at ......" ( caught himself and didn't finish the sentence immediately ), slight pause and a refocussed , then continued ..... "as a Head Coach at some point ..... but if he is not and he is with us next year."

I thought he spoke knowing that King was coaching elsewhere next year, maybe I was misreading Scott, but if felt and looked a bit weird.

Now ... I am no body language expert ( thats WCE_phil speciality , but I though that Scott's body language and general demeanour, knew that King wasn't going to be at Geelong next year ....... :think::think::think::think:

I am basing that also on an assumption that IF West Coast had made their decision, that out of courtesy that may have already informed Geelong.

Then again I might be talking total sh1t and have badly read the " tea leaves " of Scott's presser.

Go to 7.00 for the above comment

Definitely said he’s going to be a fine coach at….

Odd thing to say if he didn’t know, less odd if he does know King’s leaving to be our coach

If we have told him, question then becomes did we tell him before or after his collapse? You’d have to think before because telling him afterwards whilst he was recovering would be kinda weird

When he said:

Listening to it now. There's not much a pause there as you indicate (via transcript).
I heard it more as a clarification on the type of coach rather than any acknowledgement he's been appointed somewhere.

"I think he'll be a fine coach, as in head coach somewhere at some point. etc... " is how i took it.

Edit: though the " if he's not he's with us next year" is kinda strange to tack on.

Go to 7.00 for the above comment

Definitely said he’s going to be a fine coach at….

Odd thing to say if he didn’t know, less odd if he does know King’s leaving to be our coach

If we have told him, question then becomes did we tell him before or after his collapse? You’d have to think before because telling him afterwards whilst he was recovering would be kinda weird
Think it's more along the lines of he'll be a fine coach at WCE if he gets the job, but changed it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back