Coaching changes

Remove this Banner Ad

SMG, I think the person mentioned was the coach who preceded Hille. Newbold was an angry man at 3 quarter time, but did control himself and stayed in the background. Not sure if he has the necessary people skills to coach a team like OEG, would be a very hard gig.

I think Newbold has the people skills but can't be ar$ed devoting all that time to coaching. Will be hard for OE to find a coach given the turnover in recent years: Keane, Bye, Dunell, Calthorpe & now Handley all biting the dust, each coach took the club to promotion playoffs. Is it a coaching problem, I don't think so, but coaches are always the first people blamed.

Perhaps Len Hannah, who has been assistant to Ken Fletcher at the school and whom most of the schoolkids have a high regard for. Although I played my last game for them over 3 years ago and don't know much about what has happened since, I feel the club needs a coach from inside the club who understands and can handle some characters and egos that exist. Administration probably needs to change as well.

I think Newbold has the people skills but can't be ar$ed devoting all that time to coaching. Will be hard for OE to find a coach given the turnover in recent years: Keane, Bye, Dunell, Calthorpe & now Handley all biting the dust, each coach took the club to promotion playoffs. Is it a coaching problem, I don't think so, but coaches are always the first people blamed.

Perhaps Len Hannah, who has been assistant to Ken Fletcher at the school and whom most of the schoolkids have a high regard for. Although I played my last game for them over 3 years ago and don't know much about what has happened since, I feel the club needs a coach from inside the club who understands and can handle some characters and egos that exist. Administration probably needs to change as well.

Your really GOOD SMG. We know where the cancer starts! The weakness at OEG is people like you who do sweet FA after they hang up their boots. Your Prez is the only bloke that appears to do any work. No timekeepers, boundary umpires, interchange........all of the things that other clubs have been noticing about your club for years. The starting point at OEG is for some of the ex players and player parents to get off their backsides and lend a hand. Sean should get out as he can't do anything more than he has. By the way.......if you change the administration who will turn off the lights? You are all too lazy to do it!

Your really GOOD SMG. We know where the cancer starts! The weakness at OEG is people like you who do sweet FA after they hang up their boots. Your Prez is the only bloke that appears to do any work. No timekeepers, boundary umpires, interchange........all of the things that other clubs have been noticing about your club for years. The starting point at OEG is for some of the ex players and player parents to get off their backsides and lend a hand. Sean should get out as he can't do anything more than he has. By the way.......if you change the administration who will turn off the lights? You are all too lazy to do it!

I'm not criticising any of the individuals that run the club. They all work their ar$e off for no reward. My point is that when any business has failure or doesn't reach the targets they should, the administration changes. It's a way of revitalising the club, which it clearly needs. Why should a footy club be different from a business.

FYI, I was involved with another VAFA club after I finished at OE before being struck down by injury.

I now live interstate so not sure how much I could contribute to cooking the meals on a Thursday night.

I'm not criticising any of the individuals that run the club. They all work their ar$e off for no reward. My point is that when any business has failure or doesn't reach the targets they should, the administration changes. It's a way of revitalising the club, which it clearly needs. Why should a footy club be different from a business.

FYI, I was involved with another VAFA club after I finished at OE before being struck down by injury.

I now live interstate so not sure how much I could contribute to cooking the meals on a Thursday night.

Find it amazing to hear now after all your posts that you are not a true OEG man given that you left them for another VAFA club. Sorry you do fit the OEG profile...... use the club and move on.

You have just confirmed my previous post!

As far as I know, SKOB had a clean out of tossers and judging by their impressive season, things look rosy at the rat cage.
Correct, and SKOB will be even stronger in the future for it. OEG need to realise that they are lucky that they can rebuild in B Section instead of D. They must bite the bullet and do it now. Good blokes with less talent who follow instruction are better than knobs with skill who are selfish pricks and put down their team mates. The whole of B Section and the VAFA hierachy know who these blokes are, but for some reason OEG recruit them to the club and in 2 cases back to the club this year, why??? A club with good blokes is far more enjoyable than one with morons.

Find it amazing to hear now after all your posts that you are not a true OEG man given that you left them for another VAFA club. Sorry you do fit the OEG profile...... use the club and move on.

You have just confirmed my previous post!

Big Momma,
You are an absolute fool.
Just maybe, I discovered that there is more to life than football whilst injured. I think you should do a little soul searching yourself and you might discover how insulated your little pitiful life is.

On the other hand you may be right, maybe I should sacrifice my life and my employment, move interstate.... just for the service of my former amatuer football club, it's the only noble thing to do.

Big Momma,
You are an absolute fool.
Just maybe, I discovered that there is more to life than football whilst injured. I think you should do a little soul searching yourself and you might discover how insulated your little pitiful life is.

On the other hand you may be right, maybe I should sacrifice my life and my employment, move interstate.... just for the service of my former amatuer football club, it's the only noble thing to do.

Beautiful. How did I know that you would react like this to my post! Your always happy to hand it out.

Righto Slay and Big Momma - ENOUGH!

I think we all get the picture that you 2 aren't going to get on so lets move on!

A fair few adds on the vafa website - anyone got any info on who will get the jobs - already adds for:

Marcelin
Albert Park
parkdale
old ivanhoe
glen eira
old mentonians
yarra valley
whitefriars
St marys
caulfield grammar
williamstown
old hailebury
Banuyle
Old parade
ormond
powerhouse
bullee cobras
MHSOB
trinity
bentleigh
scotch
monash blues
Nth brunswick
emmaus st leos

Any names people?

I think we all get the picture that you 2 aren't going to get on so lets move on!

A fair few adds on the vafa website - anyone got any info on who will get the jobs - already adds for:

Marcelin
Albert Park
parkdale
old ivanhoe
glen eira
old mentonians
yarra valley
whitefriars
St marys
caulfield grammar
williamstown
old hailebury
Banuyle
Old parade
ormond
powerhouse
bullee cobras
MHSOB
trinity
bentleigh
scotch
monash blues
Nth brunswick
emmaus st leos

Any names people?

How many ads are constitutional versus how many are real ads?
That is the real question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trinity > Phil Stevens, maybe
Scotch > Fraser Gehrig, maybe
Hailebury > Nicho to stay, maybe
Caulfield > Matthews, maybe
Ormond > The hyphen, maybe. Certainly someone to
restore some discipline.
Old Ivanhoe > Sholly to stay, maybe
Xavs > Tappers (if Richo doesn't want it) maybe
Friars > Return of the Hawk master, maybe.

Then again, maybe not!;)

Marcelin
Albert Park
parkdale
old ivanhoe
glen eira
old mentonians
yarra valley
whitefriars
St marys
caulfield grammar
williamstown
old hailebury
Banuyle
Old parade
ormond
powerhouse
bullee cobras
MHSOB
trinity
bentleigh
scotch
monash blues
Nth brunswick
emmaus st leos

Any names people?
Strange that the very long list doesn't include the Fitzroy Reds.

How about Jose Mourinho ? I hear he's unemployed and it's unlikely he'd need a huge remuneration. He doesn't seem short of a quid

SharkBait on the B Thread stated Ormond had given Barnes from Beaumaris an offer he could not refuse.

Rabs are you there bigfella???

Any news on SharkBaits comments so we can put this to bed - has Barnes been re-appointed down there??

Barnes is staying along with his faithfull sidekick Putch... it is I that has fallen upon my sword

Rupo coach will announce at their presentation night, I think next week, that due to work and family committments he wont be available next year to coach. There are a couple of in house candidates to step up, especially the two's coach.

Barnes is staying along with his faithfull sidekick Putch... it is I that has fallen upon my sword

Say it ain't so Big Mac. Why are you leaving?...must be a good reason as I know a few of the boys especially 2nds had massive respect for you.

That might explain a few comments yesterday stating a few more guys about to leave as well.

Where will you be next year my friend so I can follow your trail?

Correct, and SKOB will be even stronger in the future for it. OEG need to realise that they are lucky that they can rebuild in B Section instead of D. They must bite the bullet and do it now. Good blokes with less talent who follow instruction are better than knobs with skill who are selfish pricks and put down their team mates. The whole of B Section and the VAFA hierachy know who these blokes are, but for some reason OEG recruit them to the club and in 2 cases back to the club this year, why??? A club with good blokes is far more enjoyable than one with morons.
Would this be the Brothers Biggs and the morons they got from EDFL?????
Name names Brian!!!!!!!!!!
Will they be back next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back