Coaching changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Brian now says:
Barnes quits Beauy to be replaced by David Spriggs?
Shanahan brings ex Saint rover T Brown as playing ass coach to OH via job at school...Smith and Lappin to follow.
Dolly Parton leaves Carey to be playing assistant coach in EFL div 2.
Sacked Reds coach Steve Morse to coach Salesian-St Marys in D2.
Garry Colling Caulfield.
Dave MAtthews sacked from Ormond, Barnes to replace???
Poor old Graham Burgen cant get a gig anywhere...
On the money here BS. Just been released by the Ammos on their website. The merger, not the coach.

I would like to see Russell Barnes coach the Victorian state team, possibly the under-23 side, that is really struggling at the moment. The VAFA Board could do themselves a favour and appoint Russell Barnes, possibly for 3-5 years, with a view to rebuild the Under 23 State side from the word go. After all, with South Australia and Western Australia getting better in the Australian Amateur Football Championships, and the entry of Tasmania (and not before time!) into the championships for 2008,it will make it very difficult for the VAFA to regain the mantle as the no.1 amateur comp in Australia. If I was in charge of the VAFA Representative program, I would appoint Russell Barnes to take charge of the team with a licence to rebuild and restore some pride in state football into the Victorian players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now we all know that coaching jobs in the Vic teams is reserved for the Old Boys...so I wouldnt think Russell would even consider it as for SMD and Russell...now that would be a clah of cultures worth watching but I am not sure Russell would survive...

It's not the first time I've seen a entire coaching panel quit the club due to off-field problems. In 2000, the Old Melburnians coaching staff headed by Neil Ross walked out after a fall-out between Ross, and the then president of Old Melburnians due to the Andrew Topakas affair that was the major story in the VAFA that year and also that Pisarki had appointed Roger Ellingworth to take charge of the team if Neil Ross resigned-without Ross's knowledge.

Brian,
Can you shed any lght on the "robbins as playng coach" rumour?

I think you will find your stevie Wright rumour will be off the mark.

Is it also true Dave Mathews wlll coach SMD?
I hear Wright has applied for every job bar running Al Qaider...incorrect mail but my mate Rabs tells me SMD will be DM and Robbo gets lots a dough to CC Old Camberwell.

I hear Wright has applied for every job bar running Al Qaider...incorrect mail but my mate Rabs tells me SMD will be DM and Robbo gets lots a dough to CC Old Camberwell.

Not sure how good your mail is just at the minute Brian. Anthony Allen has been appointed coach of Old Camberwell.

Russell Barnes has been appointed coach of Ormond. Fact.

Beat a field of Robbins CC, Burgen from Fitzroy Reds, John Rombotis, Stevie Wright & obviously Dave Matthews.

Welcome back to the club Barnesy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSpeaking
Stevie Wright will be appointed coach at Ormond.

BS, not doubting you - however is it signed, sealed & delivered?, as I heard a different person was in the gunn earlier this week. Unless they declined.
Cardio

BS..now confirming as per above , Stevie Wright will not coach Ormond....he is too quiet...they need a BIG LOUD VOICE TO COACH THEM

Ammo Man vbmenu_register("postmenu_8764631", true);
BigFooty Member

Club: Geelong

Re: Coaching changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardio Carl
Ormond had given Barnes from Beaumaris an offer he could not refuse.

Yeah! And Kevin Sheedy will coach Elsternwick I suppose.:thumbsdown:
user_offline.gif

KABOOM ! Is that loud enough Brian??

Ammo - So Kevin Sheedy coaching Elsternwick next year....sensational

Beat a field of Robbins CC, Burgen from Fitzroy Reds, John Rombotis, Stevie Wright & obviously Dave Matthews.

Gee, you must be confident knocking back Robbins, although I hear the $$$ on offer wont change if he only plays, now that Gunn is also a FACT.
Not surprised Burgen missed out. Will the great one Mike be involved in any role?

Gee, you must be confident knocking back Robbins, although I hear the $$$ on offer wont change if he only plays, now that Gunn is also a FACT.
Not surprised Burgen missed out. Will the great one Mike be involved in any role?
Mike...? Mike McCarther-Allen? - Not sure he is often down at the club when he can get there, so if he is it's a bonus...

Robbins - not sure on that one, he is waiting on Collingwood, apparently they want him to play in their new VFL team. As for getting him a job through Ormond, who knows... Nothing OC & others wouldn't have done this year & years before.

Barney was arguably our best and most inspirational Captain.Have a lot of time for him. But as a coach - nah! Really disappointed. Must be an old boys appointment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back