News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see Aker and The Coch at a pie night
I reckon Aker would sign up to the programme big time if given the chance
He and Riska could re-live the SEQ glory days
Sounds like it needs a course of penicillin

Also 12 months ago Caracella was let go by the Cats and was scrambling to get another job and was lucky that Balme had landed the job at Richmond and was cleaning house with the assistants.

I've been reliably informed that he use to fall asleep in team meetings when at the Cats - a bit too laid back for my liking

From the outside I think Dew is the one with the hard edge we need
That's really interesting, i guess some assistants are only good at just that it's almost impossible to know if they'll be any good in the top job until the do it

Also 12 months ago Caracella was let go by the Cats and was scrambling to get another job and was lucky that Balme had landed the job at Richmond and was cleaning house with the assistants.

I've been reliably informed that he use to fall asleep in team meetings when at the Cats - a bit too laid back for my liking

From the outside I think Dew is the one with the hard edge we need
That's really interesting, i guess some assistants are only good at just that it's almost impossible to know if they'll be any good in the top job until the do it

Shaun Hart had signed a 3 year deal. Player manager welfare role. Said Hinkleys wife absolutely hates it in Adelaide and is desperate to leave but $$ is a set up for life thing.

I know he's a bit of a God botherer but you have to hand it to some of those types they do practice what they preach
Hart looks like a guy who genuinely cares
Should be great in the role
Welcome home mate

I know he's a bit of a God botherer but you have to hand it to some of those types they do practice what they preach
Hart looks like a guy who genuinely cares
Should be great in the role
Welcome home mate
He will be fantastic in that type of role.
Very glad to be back.

The next coach needs to be able to capture lightning in a bottle.

Needs to be capable of inspiring and galvanizing the whole football department to believe in themselves, their team mates and change the whole game up at the Suns.

Need to start being the hunters. Need players to be a bit more like Lynch and Maysie and play on the edge, need to be unsociable, if players get suspended for going hard then so be it.

Need to get more kids like Ainsworth who have got white line fever.

The coach needs to change the whole narrative of the Suns to this point of time.
Good luck finding someone who can do all of that. Mahatma Ghandi might have been able to, but he died in 1948.

Shaun Hart had signed a 3 year deal. Player manager welfare role. Said Hinkleys wife absolutely hates it in Adelaide and is desperate to leave but $$ is a set up for life thing.

I'm 50-50 on this. I guess if when he signs on for work each day he leaves Jesus at home then it's a good thing.
He was a superb footballer and having a good ex footballer in a Welfare role is great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome news if Harty is back!!!!

I remember watching a Bears practice match at Carrara in ordinary weather many years ago, must’ve been 1990/1991. A young bloke was walking around the boundary selling raffle tickets for the club. Stopped and had a chat with me for a good 10-15 minutes and left a very good impression on me as a bloke who would do anything for the cause. That bloke was Shaun Hart.

Great news if true , has learnt his craft and has come back home , top class fella and another local at the club . Raines another local going great guns with the academy , these guys are very passionate about our club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've warmed up to Caracella as a potential coach after watching Richmond in the last month. He is the midfield coach right? Their midfield isn't the most skilled but their tackles stick and the pressure applied by the dozen or so blokes that have midfield rotation is great footy. It won't always win games but it keeps them in it.

Caracella and Dew are clear favourites for the job in my eyes. With Kingsley and Barker following.

You guys are all referring to him as a "local". Are you saying he's a Gold Coaster, because a Brisbane person my friends is not local.

Originally from Shepparton. Drafted by the Bears when they were at Carrara. Refused to move to Brisbane when they relocated to the Gabba. Smart man and definitely qualifies him as a local.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back