News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Im thinking how Bluey, Rocket, and Dew wasted Sam Day!

And Peter Wright, Jack Bowes
Sure Jan GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I think our entire set up relying on the midfield winning the clearance or else getting it on halfback is flawed with this group, I still think that these performances are on the back of years of not really caring about results, not being challenged when we dish up sh*t like that because they are ‘good young men’ and an inability to bring in actual leadership to steer the club forward.

This core we have built has never had real expectations put on them and never had to develop a standard where these showings are unacceptable because we’ve always been told that at some point down the track we will just be good and it won’t happen. I am concerned that it’s beyond salvagable for some of the players we would consider key and they just won’t get to that level where we can rely on them.

While I think our entire set up relying on the midfield winning the clearance or else getting it on halfback is flawed with this group, I still think that these performances are on the back of years of not really caring about results, not being challenged when we dish up sh*t like that because they are ‘good young men’ and an inability to bring in actual leadership to steer the club forward.

This core we have built has never had real expectations put on them and never had to develop a standard where these showings are unacceptable because we’ve always been told that at some point down the track we will just be good and it won’t happen. I am concerned that it’s beyond salvagable for some of the players we would consider key and they just won’t get to that level where we can rely on them.
Yep, some of these players are shell shocked with scars. Need to move them on

That’s my coach! Respect 🫡 View attachment 2040525
This man who is a multi premiership coach and who has stature in the game is saying what we want to hear when we fall short.

He is copping so much nastiness from the vile fans of the VFL Teams.

The least we can do is support wholeheartedly this man. He is in only his first season in charge.

8-8 is just fine by me.

Mini GF #5 this Sunday.

Im on the dusty bandwagon for a 1+1 year contract on 500k or so. If he makes everyone walk that 5% taller we win 3-4 more games.
He wouldn't put his boots on for $500k

Saviour coaches rarely work in the AFL, will be interesting to see if Dimma can buck the trend.

That’s my coach! Respect 🫡 View attachment 2040525
Dimma is a smart operator. He's made himself the story rather than his underperforming players by swearing in the presser. Now the journo's get to pontificate about his language rather than his team.

Takes the pressure off a little bit. Although I'm sure he's putting it on a few behind closed doors this week. No Touk for a month, so it's on Ando/Rowell/Flanders to lift.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back