Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Colin...

Played School Boys with him and could tell he would make it...was always willing to say gday and was very down to earth and he seemed to hav just got his life back on track...very very sad!!

Extremely sad. Thoughts to his family, friends, supporters, clubs.

Nothing you can really say at times like these for those involved , it will just be the worst time of their lives. And a tragic loss of a young man.

I keep reading “well known bad intersection” but they haven’t said much more about this specific accident. Normally in cases like this (car crashes) not involving a well known figure they would say which driver went through the intersection incorrectly, but they seem to be withholding this on this occasion?

It just shows the Victorian centric media. Freo had 2 recent players pass away this year, not that anyone would know that
this really isn't the thread to be talking about that

I keep reading “well known bad intersection” but they haven’t said much more about this specific accident. Normally in cases like this (car crashes) not involving a well known figure they would say which driver went through the intersection incorrectly, but they seem to be withholding this on this occasion?
I think it is out of respect. When you mention anything like speed etc then the blame game starts. So better nothing than speculation. The report is in the local newspaper, but until it comes out officially better just acknowledge the bad news and the sadness of a life cut short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't it? In regards to the 2, 50% of them were Colin Sylvia so not sure why it doesn't.
I will make this as clear as I can.
This thread is about the death of Colin Sylvia.

Any other topic, take it elsewhere to a relevant thread, your line of reasoning has no place here.

This is a hard time for his friends and family, if you can't spare a thought for them best you don't post in this thread.

I will make this as clear as I can.
This thread is about the death of Colin Sylvia.

Any other topic, take it elsewhere to a relevant thread, your line of reasoning has no place here.

This is a hard time for his friends and family, if you can't spare a thought for them best you don't post in this thread.
Thank you.

Bloody tragic.

Scary because I'm only a couple of years younger than he was, and a friend of a friend recently passed at exactly the same age.

Makes you think about how fragile life is and how quickly it can be taken away.

Apparently they put in a round about, probably waiting for the other driver talk

Wondering if alcohol or drugs were involved. They have been quiet on the cause of the crash.

Still a very tragic and shocking incident that I would never wish on anybody, however it would be nice to know some facts. If he was not at fault in anyway, then it truly is a tragic event. If at fault, then it alleviates the feelings of grief a bit as it's relieving that the person involved did not kill others in an accident.

I hope these comments don't offend anyone, however I like to know some facts on these types of incidents to help me grieve appropriately. I cannot feel any sympathy for a person who is high on ice and writes themselves off in a crash for example..

For all col’s short comings, he played and helped the MFC during a disastrous period for the club. I can’t help but wonder what could have been if he’d been able to make it through to the current side.

His explosive run and carry is desperately needed

Also thoughts to the multiple women he harassed and abused throughout his short life who would be going through some very conflicting emotions right now.
Wow wee.

To be fair, I was waiting for this.

Regardless, RIP Colin. Very sad news to hear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back