Unofficial Preview Coll vs Rich (Armstrong & Dwyer out, Seed and JDG confirmed, team in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too optimistic to suggest that Mason Cox could be good enough as a depth player to allow Witts to be traded by next year?

Mate personally I thought Cox was better in the VFL games they played together...

Both had no impact around the ground but Cox kicked more goals and did some nice things in the ruck

Out Dwyer Armstrong
In Sidebottom Seedsman

Seriously Karnezis was ok and I would give Witts another run why no Broomhead hate?

You can't get rid of White, plenty more players showed nothing in the first half, If Buckley had made the Geelong defenders accountable in the first half, Cloke and White might have been more competitive. Fancy letting Taylor play loose **** me anybody with half a footy brain knows that's a bad move?

Can Armstrongs family that post on here please stop gilding the Lilly. At half time he had no contested ball and no tackles. The ball spent 90% of the time in our back line in the first half and he couldnt lay a glove on anyone.
Anyone could have a 100% efficiency passing the ball sideways to a bloke 20m away.
No run, can't tackle and offers nothing by kicking the ball 20m.

Witts is required and is better than Gault as both a forward and ruckman. We need games into him. Playing Grundy and Witts together was not our problem. Their run out of our forward line had nothin to do with Witts.

Out- Armstrong (never to be seen again), Dwyer
In- Seedsman, Ramsey / DeGoey

P.S Cloke :mad: - if only Reid and/ or Moore were available.

Like ksardog previous post, the cats had no names getting 30 touches today,
Its time Kennendy,:freenan, Marsh get a game i am talkng 2nd 3rd year players that will be our future. Even Sharanberg give him a game in a week or 2.
I would consider fassolo at his best , easily best 22.
Out dwyer inj , armstrong ,blair ,varcoe ,goldsack
in marsh, freeman, kenbendy, fassolo seedsnan
WE CANT LOOSE BY 41 POINTS AND MAKE 1 or 2 CHANGES!
Degoey is a first year player he can wait more important to give kennendy, Marsh and Freeman a game

Who is suggesting we drop him?

Realistically, he has glaring deficiencies but we have no-one else with anything like his ability. Our key forward cupboard is currently bare, and apparently Hine didn't rate the forwards we could have accessed in recent drafts, eg. McCarthy, Stewart, etc.
I did.

His kicking is worse than it has ever been and it is costing us games. It's also hypocritical to hear all this leading teams stuff and then see him letting the hard work of his team mates down by missing easy goals. At the end of the day players have to be accountable to the team for their performance, he might be trying his guts out every week but he lets everyone down by missing those goals. He needs to know that it won't go unpunished. If he can't fix it he can play out his career in the magoos.

I would prefer prefer us to learn how to play without Cloke now so that when we go deep in September in 2-3 years time he doesn't cost us.

I was surprised to see the changes this week, wasn't overly happy but could see why Witts and Broomhead came in, Armstrong not so much.

I'm not overly concerned about tonight's game, really disappointed with the first half, but the second half showed enough that we still have a team that can be competitive. We wasted shots on goal, we do struggle up forward and I'll eat my words regarding an earlier thread posted today with Kingy critising our forward line. We missed a KPF that can convert.

Cats played well, moved the ball fast and were able to kick goals quickly and put the game out of reach on a number of occasions just when we thought we were back in it.

Anyway, next week Ramsay and Seedsman come straight back in. Would like to see DeGoey be given a chance but once again I don't wan't to see too many changes.

Armstrong goes, maybe Dwyer also but I'm not sure we can afford to drop one of White or Witts unless Reid if ready to go. Gault maybe but I don't see any improvement apart from allowing Grundy to run around the ground more and leave Gault at home.

Tough night but another step forward, we saw a few that shouldn't be coming along next season.

Trading witts after one game is ridiculous.
In fact early on he was one of our better players, when we were getting smashed. When he dropped that sitter in the goal square and cost us a goal he lost all confidence.
Persist with him, the more competitive game time he gets the better he will be.

I don't think Witts is bad nor Grundy. In fact I think both project as super talents. The problem is I can't see how we play both at the same time without creating defensive problems. This isn't Cox and Naitinui/Sinclair/Lycett. This is two genuine, but slow, 1st rucks.

If one left you'd replace them with a 27 year old ruck. I know rucks are a rare commodity at Collingwood, therefore you don't want to give up one of them, but I can't see how we play both at the same time. Who plays two first rucks today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus I can't believe people already want Gault back in.
I never wanted him out. His form could certainly justify relegation to the VFL but the way Keeffe is a moot point, Reid is made of glass and Marsh is being groomed as a defender, we NEED Gault to succeed.

Witts or Grundy because we are too slow with two rucks. Dwyer is usually a good decision maker but you can't carry a bag of slow players. We have a real issue now with 2 rucks as I suspected and tonight V a bunch of Geelong talls was the ideal situation to see if it worked. I'd look at a trade situation and a mature ruck as a back-stop.
Yeah, I agree. I think it's more a problem with Witts' mobility than Grundy. I think we could quite easily go in with 2 Grundy's but Witts is very cumbersome and tonight he looked like he had the turning circle of a truck. I don't mind him when he's the number 1 ruck but he's too big and cumbersome at the moment to spend too much time up forward.

White. What the **** was he thinking, that the postman was going to deliver the ball into his lap. Absolutely shithouse effort and I'd put Gault back in or give Marsh a go. Serious lack of testicles and Cloke needs a massive slap for getting sulky when he missed and failing to set up when Geelong ran out.

It happened a couple of times tonight and it had me scratching my head. I would prefer Gault in than White based on that performance but I also think we need 3 tall forwards. Maybe it is time to trial Marsh in the forward line.

Jesus I can't believe people already want Gault back in.
Yeah, pretty short memories some.

I'll admit though I do like our setup better with Gault forward and just Grundy rucking. I like Witts but she he makes some bad decisions at critical areas on the ground. Even though Gault doesn't touch the ball much, at least he makes a contest and brings it to ground. We need to persist one way or the other because to me the game style changes significantly with each inclusion.

People will pot Karnezis but he needs an extended run at it to get his confidence back, clearly he has no issue finding the pill but there are other elements he needs to improve on.

Didn't think he was anywhere near our worse it's funny how he cops it give him an extended run it was tough for all our forwards tonight

I don't think Witts is bad nor Grundy. In fact I think both project as super talents. The problem is I can't see how we play both at the same time without creating defensive problems. This isn't Cox and Naitinui/Sinclair/Lycett. This is two genuine, but slow, 1st rucks.

If one left you'd replace them with a 27 year old ruck. I know rucks are a rare commodity at Collingwood, therefore you don't want to give up one of them, but I can't see how we play both at the same time. Who plays two first rucks today?
Maybe we could trade one of them for a gun forward. Preferably Witts. The top half of his body seems to be too far from the bottom half, making bending a challenge.

I know Cloke tries and does a lot really well, but between him and White our goal-scoring capacity is seriously compromised. Bring back Gault.

White certainly could have went a lot harder at the contest early but he improved and took 5 marks inside 50 and finished with 2.2 that really should have been 4 goals.

He's bloody frustrating but he still looks more dangerous up forward than Gault or the resting ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back