Opinion Collingwood and Richmond, who finishes higher in 2023?

Who finishes higher in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

White Dogg

Senior List
Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Collingwood added Mitchell to their midfield while Richmond added Taranto and Hopper. Both were finals sides who were thereabouts in 2022 and having both strengthened their midfields it'll be interesting to see who finishes higher in 2023.

Pies also added mighty Dan McStay.
A minor upgrade on Mason Cox.
I wonder if Bobby Hill and Billy Frampton come straight into the 22 or they are more depth players. Not sure who they replace in their current side.

Fly will be hoping Mitchell buys into their game plan. More two way running and defending when he doesn’t have the ball. Less possessions for Tom next year as they will want him only used as first possession out of a contest. But could be just as effective if he’s used this way.

A minor upgrade on Mason Cox.
I wonder if Bobby Hill and Billy Frampton come straight into the 22 or they are more depth players. Not sure who they replace in their current side.

Fly will be hoping Mitchell buys into their game plan. More two way running and defending when he doesn’t have the ball. Less possessions for Tom next year as they will want him only used as first possession out of a contest. But could be just as effective if he’s used this way.
I don't think Bobby Hill will play forward.
I wouldn't be surprised if he is further up the field. Maybe wing.

McStay while not a champion, contests hard not dissimilar to Mihocek. About time he got some assistance up forward.
Charlie Dean (unfortunately injured this season when about to make his debut), will probably get the first crack as that 'other' tall backman we lacked, but Frampton's height will be just what we need.

I think the Pies will be a fascinating watch. New coaching team in Yr2 continuing to build their team and fixing holes.

Richmond finish 3rd, Pies 6-7th.

I just don’t see Pies getting that close game win streak again and teams will have figured them out already. I love Fly, but he is a one trick pony that literally just copied our style.

Recruits will improve them a bit but not enough imo. Pretty much everybody in the top 8 has improved their list better or at least on par with them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think Bobby Hill will play forward.
I wouldn't be surprised if he is further up the field. Maybe wing.

McStay while not a champion, contests hard not dissimilar to Mihocek. About time he got some assistance up forward.
Charlie Dean (unfortunately injured this season when about to make his debut), will probably get the first crack as that 'other' tall backman we lacked, but Frampton's height will be just what we need.

I think the Pies will be a fascinating watch. New coaching team in Yr2 continuing to build their team and fixing holes.
So Mitchell, Hill, Dean, McStay in for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is, how often does a team ever have their absolute best 22 to choose from.

Let's see how the season evolves - it's exciting to have the versatility and depth Collingwood currently has.
What depth ?

You are unfamiliar with the concept of a teams best 22?
I am familiar with the concept, but it's a useless concept.

Were Marlion Pickett or Liam Baker in Richmond's best 22 at the start of 2019? Nathan Broad or Jack Graham at the start of 2017?

I don't subscribe to the concept and therefore don't waste my time thinking about it or discussing it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Collingwood and Richmond, who finishes higher in 2023?

Back