IC - Rich, D - Beams, D

RUCKS
Cox, D - Blake, M
IC - Vickery, T - Cordy, A

FWDS
Pavlich, M - Didak, A - Harvey, B
Reimers, K - Davey, A - Watts, J - Yarran, C
IC - Ziebell, J - Sidebottom, S

Alright, toot toot. Old Spice is laying out his hand.

Backline

1. H Shaw 2. Bock 3. C Cornes 4. Drummond 5. Adcock 6. Malceski 7. Pettard

Bench: P Davis, McKernan.

Midfield

8. Swan 9. Scotland 10. Kerr 11. Nathan Jones 12. Masten 13. Coughlan

Bench: Rich, Beams

Ruck

14. Fraser 15. McIntosh

Bench: Leuenberger, Vickery (may swap for Natanui).

Forward

16. De-dildo 17. Didak 18. Roughead 19. Fevola 20. T Cloke 21. Higgins 22. Ziebell

Bench: Sidebottom, McCaffer (may need to swap if doesn't get NAB time)

Alright, toot toot. Old Spice is laying out his hand.

Backline

1. H Shaw 2. Bock 3. C Cornes 4. Drummond 5. Adcock 6. Malceski 7. Pettard

Bench: P Davis, McKernan.

Midfield

8. Swan 9. Scotland 10. Kerr 11. Nathan Jones 12. Masten 13. Coughlan

Bench: Rich, Beams

Ruck

14. Fraser 15. McIntosh

Bench: Leuenberger, Vickery (may swap for Natanui).

Forward

16. De-dildo 17. Didak 18. Roughead 19. Fevola 20. T Cloke 21. Higgins 22. Ziebell

Bench: Sidebottom, McCaffer (may need to swap if doesn't get NAB time)

Very nice team just be wary of posting your full list on here you may lose some advantage with a certain player you deem to be a smoky.

Dream Team/Supercoach Questions in Here

G'day Pies fans. I thought I would make this thread to get all DT questions in here to stop them clogging up the rest of your board. I know, even as a DT tragic myself, I can't stand DT questions from opposition supporters on the North board. Also, quite a few other team boards have a similar thread stickied and it seems to work. Anyway, I have a few questions of my own.

- Will Travis Cloke play deep in the forward line like he did last night or will he lead up onto the wings which is where I feel he does his best work in DT and as a player.

- Will Thomas get a run in the midfield? I expected him to last night but he seemed to play mostly up forward.

- What was the difference between Tarkyn Lockyers role in 2007 compared to how he played in '08. Was his game last night similar to the role he played in '07?

Apologies if this thread is frowned upon but I think DT questions on team boards are inevitable during this time of year and the best thing to do is to put them in one thread. Cheers.

Re: Dream Team/Supercoach Questions in Here

- Will Travis Cloke play deep in the forward line like he did last night or will he lead up onto the wings which is where I feel he does his best work in DT and as a player. Depends on Rocca's health. Considering his injury history the last couple of years, I wouldn't bank on it, so I'd think Cloke would spend a fair bit of time closer to goal. Monitor Rocca through the NAB cup though to get a better idea.

- Will Thomas get a run in the midfield? I expected him to last night but he seemed to play mostly up forward. Buckley last night said something along the lines of "supporters will be surprised that he won't spend much time through the middle because he's a great one-on-one player". Personally, I think he'll get a tad more time there than last year, and should up his possession rate 1-2 touches.

- What was the difference between Tarkyn Lockyers role in 2007 compared to how he played in '08. Was his game last night similar to the role he played in '07? Played more as a true mid in 07, and as a utility in 08. Last night was similar to how he played in 08.

In bold.

Does Sidebottom and Beams not playing last night mean they're unlikely to play Round 1, or is that just a Mick Malthouse thing?

Just wanted to win so we don't have to go Alice Springs next week.

I'm just about to leave my house now, but this should perhaps be moved to magpies nest or merged with the fantasy sports thread.

Just wanted to win so we don't have to go Alice Springs next week.

I'm just about to leave my house now, but this should perhaps be moved to magpies nest or merged with the fantasy sports thread.

Sorry mate, TBH I didn't even bother to check in the magpies nest. Perhaps that's something worth noting though, that opposition supporters with DT questions probably aren't going to look in the Magpie Nest and instead they'll just start a new thread or ask it in an existing one. Not trying to tell you how to do your job but maybe you could merge this with the fantasy sports thread and move it onto the main board?

Very nice team just be wary of posting your full list on here you may lose some advantage with a certain player you deem to be a smoky.

Do you think anyone might have seen it. Doh! A few might shift. C'mon B&W Army, show us your hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have avoided picking Collingwood players as it has been my downfall in the past. Did manage to find a spot for rusty sidebottom however...

Oh and btw stick with Vickery over Natanui, I think you'll find he's injured.
Do you reckon McEvoy, Meesen or Sellar are worth a go for that 4th ruck spot? I know Vickery has the wraps on him, but he's a 1st year player and the others may have more impact if given game time. Some are cheaper than Vickery too.

Do you reckon McEvoy, Meesen or Sellar are worth a go for that 4th ruck spot? I know Vickery has the wraps on him, but he's a 1st year player and the others may have more impact if given game time. Some are cheaper than Vickery too.

To be honest when I done my first "draft" I didn't have either Natanui or Vickery but I have since added Vickery in. I had some extra cash the first time around and so my bench was Leuenberger and Kreuzer. Now it's Leuenberger and Vickery.

Ideally I'd go someone a little better priced (meaning cheaper) but I don't want to be stuck with a zero all year and be without a emergency/cash cow.

Anyone have any ideas which first year (or other cheap) defenders will get alot of gametime this year??

Names that are often thrown up include Hurley, Trengove, Davis, Rance, Suban, OKeefe, Smith, Petrenko etc.

But who will actually get significant game time??

Any help would be muchly appreciated :thumbsu:

To be honest when I done my first "draft" I didn't have either Natanui or Vickery but I have since added Vickery in. I had some extra cash the first time around and so my bench was Leuenberger and Kreuzer. Now it's Leuenberger and Vickery.

Ideally I'd go someone a little better priced (meaning cheaper) but I don't want to be stuck with a zero all year and be without a emergency/cash cow.

Young ruckmen rarely make any cash in their 1st year to warrant 'cashing in' anyway IMO. I wouldnt have named a ruck as an emergancy in 21 out of 22 rounds last year.

The bench ruck combo you have B&W army does have the potential to rise in price though. LeuBerger is expected to break out this year or next. Unproven to start and too pricey for the bench IMO. Vickery could be this years Kreuzer and rise in price enough to be a cash cow.

I started off not liking your tactic at all but with more thought it could work. As long as it dosnt sacrifice other areas too greatly.

LeuBerger your standing 3 ruck and Vickery the $ cow.

Mine's just the Collingwood one, why try to improve on perfection?

Cause Collingwood finished down the bottom of the SC team ladder last year, may have even been bottom.

We have too many hard workers that dont earn points.

Which Collingwood players would you have in your supercoach if any?

Hey guys, just wondering who you would realistically have in your supercoach team?

Ive been trying to look at it as if i was not a Collingwood supporter, would i still have them in my team... Just interested to get your thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood Board 2009 Fantasy Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back