List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know why, but i hope he stays 203cm, just seems like a good height for a key forward, he will probably keep growing though. Great to see hes 94kg, hopefully he will be pushing 100kg towards the end of the year.

An artical early 2013 stated he was 196cm and 85 kilos. Hopefully he can be 203cm 100+kg by draft early 2015.
& hopefully he can play footy at the highest level.

& hopefully he can play footy at the highest level.
With all the articles there have been over the last few years i would be disappointed if he couldnt,, then again, Garlett who has no lack of talent is contemplating his future with the AFL after 6 months.

On the father-son theme, I am impatient for another Shaw. Love the Shaw clan; it just doesnt feel right without a Shaw at the club. Rhyce, Heath, even Brayden had better get on with it.

Fairly certain Moore actually is 198cm (not 203 as stated earlier in the article linked) as in the Oakleigh Chargers team sheet for the practice match today had heights of players and Darcy's was 198. The club's measurement should be a bit more accurate than an outside article.

Also Will Stewart is on the Sandy Dragons squad list, he played in their intra club today and is still listed at 190cm/70kg.

Fairly certain Moore actually is 198cm (not 203 as stated earlier in the article linked) as in the Oakleigh Chargers team sheet for the practice match today had heights of players and Darcy's was 198. The club's measurement should be a bit more accurate than an outside article.

Also Will Stewart is on the Sandy Dragons squad list, he played in their intra club today and is still listed at 190cm/70kg.

Can u tell us anymore about him and whether he's a chance of getting drafted whenever his draft year is?

Can u tell us anymore about him and whether he's a chance of getting drafted whenever his draft year is?

Most people have had him a round 1 draft pick for a while but he had a disappointing 2013 coming off an injury, struggled to impact games. With his height skills and pedigree he will be drafted but how high is still yet to be determined. He is still a chance to work himself into top 5 calculations, or even slide to the 3rd round

He is draft-able this coming draft.

Most people have had him a round 1 draft pick for a while but he had a disappointing 2013 coming off an injury, struggled to impact games. With his height skills and pedigree he will be drafted but how high is still yet to be determined. He is still a chance to work himself into top 5 calculations, or even slide to the 3rd round

Thanks guys but I failed to mention that I was asking about Will Stewart rather than Darcy Moore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would much rather him kicking 5 goals a game up forward.

They have put him in the backline so that he doesn't have Boyd-esque hype of kicking a bag every week, he falls down the draft order, pies pick him up for a bargain and chuck him in the goalsquare rd.1 2015 and he wins the Coleman. Genius plan ;)

Seems as though he will play CHB all year too!
Im not sure about everyone else but i find that exciting.

We need a forward/ruckman and don't want to see him at CHB

They have put him in the backline so that he doesn't have Boyd-esque hype of kicking a bag every week, he falls down the draft order, pies pick him up for a bargain and chuck him in the goalsquare rd.1 2015 and he wins the Coleman. Genius plan ;)

After what we have seen in the past 6 months as long as he gets on the field there will be boyd-esque hype regardless :p

Last edited:
We need a forward/ruckman and don't want to see him at CHB
Collingwood can request to play him wherever they want him at TAC level, one of the perks of having a F&S player. If they want him at Full Forward they can request for him to play there and it will more than likely happen, but because he is captain of his side it could be different.

I would say it is best for his development to go and play in the backline, he won't be there all year in my opinion. He could be a powerful weapon for the club if he was able to play at either end of the ground. It would give us great flexibility in future years. I would like to see him play in the ruck a bit more as that is not meant to be a strength of his game

I don't think it will matter too much where he plays in the TAC Cup, there are plenty of backs who become quality forwards and vice versa.
This is true, I think by playing him in defense they are trying to give him that defensive edge to his game, I also think it is so in future years he and Reid can swap forward and back depending on match ups or if one is struggling at the end they are playing.

This is true, I think by playing him in defense they are trying to give him that defensive edge to his game, I also think it is so in future years he and Reid can swap forward and back depending on match ups or if one is struggling at the end they are playing.

I'd rather not have key position players swapping around all the time.

I'd rather not have key position players swapping around all the time.
Well I wouldn't want them to be swapping them all the time, it is more if say Reid is in the backline and has had four kicked on him and it is the third quarter and Moore is up forward and hasn't done much it would give you that flexibility to make the move that may change game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back