List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that we now get news articles letting us know when clubs haven’t been told something. If this continues, that will result in a lot of articles having been written.

Interesting that we now get news articles letting us know when clubs haven’t been told something. If this continues, that will result in a lot of articles having been written.
This just in: The Royal Sampler has received NO NEWS about the his sizeable international donkey racing fortunes being seized by local law enforcement officials.

This just in: The Royal Sampler has received NO NEWS about the his sizeable international donkey racing fortunes being seized by local law enforcement officials.

I’ve always said “no news is good news”!

This just in: The Royal Sampler has received NO NEWS about his sizeable international donkey racing fortunes being seized by local law enforcement officials.
Someone just made a bit of an ass of themselves.

Might be time for a few of our esteemed regulars here to stop posting on socials about Tommy and putting undue pressure on him
Yes because a few social media posts are going to be putting way more pressure on him than the actual media attention he’s been getting over the past few weeks 🙄

Someone just made a bit of an ass of themselves.

Hey I resent that.

Especially after just finding out my donkey racing fortunes have been confiscated, when I never knew they existed.

Might have to put a line through McCarthy. Went from playing every game when available, now, he is back from APS along with everyone else, he's named as an EMG for this week's chargers game. He's probably not having the ideal year as he would have liked.

Luke Q is playing though.

Might have to put a line through McCarthy. Went from playing every game when available, now, he is back from APS along with everyone else, he's named as an EMG for this week's chargers game. He's probably not having the ideal year as he would have liked.

Luke Q is playing though.
I don’t think many people had much expectation of McCarthy in the first place tbh.

I don’t think many people had much expectation of McCarthy in the first place tbh.
I think coming into this year, he was the one to watch. Cal Twomey mentioned to me late last year he was the more likely one... given his all australian U16 year and bottom age year. But just doesn't seem to get the ball enough from half back
He did have an injury this year and found a bit of form in school footy, but sometimes its a long way back when you are out of form and then have the risk of others going ahead of you

I notice that last week, he and his brother (age 17) played for old carey in VAFA. Both were mentioned in the bests.

Oakleigh team

8e81a4fe751bda940c91d531c19ec0bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think coming into this year, he was the one to watch. Cal Twomey mentioned to me late last year he was the more likely one... given his all australian U16 year and bottom age year. But just doesn't seem to get the ball enough from half back
He did have an injury this year and found a bit of form in school footy, but sometimes its a long way back when you are out of form and then have the risk of others going ahead of you

I notice that last week, he and his brother (age 17) played for old carey in VAFA. Both were mentioned in the bests.

Think the club will already know if he’s worth giving a Cat B spot to.

Does he remain eligible as an academy prospect if he plays another year at Oakleigh as an overage player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the club will already know if he’s worth giving a Cat B spot to.

Does he remain eligible as an academy prospect if he plays another year at Oakleigh as an overage player?
He does, except at the MSD. But if overage academy players dont get picked in that, then they are again eligible.
Same situation for Kerr too. Who has had his surgery and starts rehab next week.

I think we'll place any overage NGA players on our VFL list, as generally overagers can play CTL until the MSD, then after that, they go VFL lists or elsewhere.

Last edited:
Yesterday, Oakleigh Chargers made an upset win v Western Jets

Luke Quaynor had 10 disposals, 5 tackles
Tom McGuane had 28 disposals, 4 marks, 6 inside 50's, 2 tackles.
Another strong game from 16 year old Tom McGuane. Very promising and projecting very nicely for the 2025 draft

Luke Quaynor seemingly more of a rookie type pick perhaps?

Another strong game from 16 year old Tom McGuane. Very promising and projecting very nicely for the 2025 draft

Luke Quaynor seemingly more of a rookie type pick perhaps?
Yeah, I think late or rookie for LQ
McGuane though you feel will be up the top end in 2025, if this is what he is producing at 16 years old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back