List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still a kid 😂. Give him time. Another 12 months before he's playing with the big boys.
He is but the lack of size needs to be fixed. He really is quite small compared to some. I played with heaps of gun juniors who could do whatever they wanted on the footy field but if they lack size most don't even get picked. I'm not trying to be negative but that's the reality. The other reality is that it's not a given that he will put on enough size, his mum and dad are quite small. It's just an observation and not an educated one.

He is but the lack of size needs to be fixed. He really is quite small compared to some. I played with heaps of gun juniors who could do whatever they wanted on the footy field but if they lack size most don't even get picked. I'm not trying to be negative but that's the reality. The other reality is that it's not a given that he will put on enough size, his mum and dad are quite small. It's just an observation and not an educated one.
I'm not worried in the slightest. He's got another 18 months before even thinking about playing AFL.

Not every player needs to be built like a brick shit house to succeed.

I'm not worried in the slightest. He's got another 18 months before even thinking about playing AFL.

Not every player needs to built like a brick shit house to succeed.
i'm just telling you what i've been told by a person who works with him every week. It could end up in our favour if he doesn't go first round and we can get him cheaper. He has all the tools but has no size.

i'm just telling you what i've been told by a person who works with him every week. It could end up in our favour if he doesn't go first round and we can get him cheaper. He has all the tools but has no size.
He just turned 17, the size will come with a couple pre-seasons. I'm not concerned.
He'll be a first rounder, just a matter of where. That will depend on his draft year.

Hopefully means he’ll slide a little in the draft allowing us to grab another highly fancied junior before a bid comes in. Assuming we have a 2025 1st left.

Hopefully means he’ll slide a little in the draft allowing us to grab another highly fancied junior before a bid comes in. Assuming we have a 2025 1st left.
I'm not putting myself out there anymore. I never claim to have any inside info on our club. The only inside info I ever got was that Elliott had a blood clot and we don't even know if he did. However, I do get good information on anyone at a certain under 18 club. The general consensus is that he goes first round but no one knows if he'll put on enough size in 18 months. I agree, if he drifts it's even better for us. It also doesn't mean that we can't develop him in 24 months. It just means he might need a year of development before we can unleash him.

Go and have a look at Young degoey manic. Might ease some concerns. He was just as slight. Easy to forget how small they are. Bones still growing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, your basically saying because those two put on size, Tom is guaranteed? I simply told you the current knock on him and that there's no guarantee he'll put on enough size. Why the angst
No, that's not what I said.

I'm saying the size of a kid who turned 17 a few weeks ago & won't be playing AFL for at least another 18 months doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Particularly when you see the size of other current AFL players who were similar in size at his age.

No, that's not what I said.

I'm saying the size of a kid who turned 17 a few weeks ago & won't be playing AFL for at least another 18 months doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Particularly when you see the size of other slighter built players who were similar in size at his age.
For the 5th time, I'm telling you the only concern about him. I'm not saying he won't develop into king Kong. It's the current knock on him, that's all.

For the 5th time, I'm telling you the only concern about him. I'm not saying he won't develop into king Kong. It's the current knock on him, that's all.
That's your concern, if you had seen him in the flesh you'd realise his size isn't a concern, around 180cm now and still 17 so will keep growing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back