List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe you should ask your source why the jets have consistently under performed for the last 20 years
Resources my friend but I thought you would have known that. They don't have the private school kids like the leafy eastern suburbs. they haven't under performed at all. they make do with what they have.

Resources my friend but I thought you would have known that. They don't have the private school kids like the leafy eastern suburbs. they haven't under performed at all. they make do with what they have.
Lots of western suburbs boys go to Wesley MG PEGS etc. not sure that excuse passes the pub test

This is what recruiters would say about Tom McGuane 'The Pies have got a good one there and it's not a strong draft next year, highly skilled, finds the ball with ease and runs all day, looks an AFL player'

I’ll take that.👍

i'm just telling you what i've been told by a person who works with him every week. It could end up in our favour if he doesn't go first round and we can get him cheaper. He has all the tools but has no size.
Is it the same guy (again) who projected him as a VFL player because of his size?

Sorry to keep going on about this but his judgement of Tommy to this point hasn’t been particularly great.

He is but the lack of size needs to be fixed. He really is quite small compared to some. I played with heaps of gun juniors who could do whatever they wanted on the footy field but if they lack size most don't even get picked. I'm not trying to be negative but that's the reality. The other reality is that it's not a given that he will put on enough size, his mum and dad are quite small. It's just an observation and not an educated one.
There's a lot more uncontested footy than in your day. It's fine to be small if you can seriously run.

There's a lot more uncontested footy than in your day. It's fine to be small if you can seriously run.
He'll probably grow into a monster. It's just the knock on him as we speak. I seemed to have copped a lot of flack for a simple but realistic probability. He'll still go first round. People have bought up Rozee and butters as examples but Tom doesn't have their pace. He's quick but not that level quick. He'll be a gun for us either way.

He'll probably grow into a monster. It's just the knock on him as we speak. I seemed to have copped a lot of flack for a simple but realistic probability. He'll still go first round. People have bought up Rozee and butters as examples but Tom doesn't have their pace. He's quick but not that level quick. He'll be a gun for us either way.
I've got no issue with what you're saying - to be top shelf, players need to be able to compete physically - if you're small and not quick, you'd want to have serious endurance - ala Sidey, who also has outstanding balance meaning he's belied his size with how strong he is over the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should have clarified it by saying the knock on him, "as we speak ". It's not his height, it's his weight. Anyway, I'm not going to respond to anymore talk about the kid. It just seems to rile people up, UNNECESSARILY.
I hope you didn't think I was riled up.

Varied opinions are interesting as long as it is an opinion on the content and not the poster.

Then it is boring.

I hope you didn't think I was riled up.

Varied opinions are interesting as long as it is an opinion on the content and not the poster.

Then it is boring.
No, not at all mate. I was silly to put myself out there to begin with. I was just passing on some information from someone who has been working with him for the last 2 years. I'm going to leave it to the other more qualified people on this forum.

Jamie Elliot was similar in size when he was drafted.
Elliott was an explosive athlete - so not the best comparison. Sidey would be the comparison if he's small and not quick - so not an issue if his strengths are strong enough, but you'd wnat his strengths to be pretty strong or you can be looking at a very good junior and VFL footballer like Bianco, who is not quite AFL.

Hopefully he's a ripper and plays 300 like Sidey.

No, not at all mate. I was silly to put myself out there to begin with. I was just passing on some information from someone who has been working with him for the last 2 years. I'm going to leave it to the other more qualified people on this forum.
And I am just hoping that he puts the muscle and weight on.:)

Interesting though I place a bit of weight on football nous as that is something difficult to teach.

Elliott was an explosive athlete - so not the best comparison. Sidey would be the comparison if he's small and not quick - so not an issue if his strengths are strong enough, but you'd wnat his strengths to be pretty strong or you can be looking at a very good junior and VFL footballer like Bianco, who is not quite AFL.

Hopefully he's a ripper and plays 300 like Sidey.
At 15 and 16, I played with kids that made me look like hack but I was 182cm and about 80kg at that age. Tom will go on and be a great player I think. When Mick's your old man, I reckon your in good hands

Nah, it's not silly, it's a legitimate discussion point even if it may not eventuate.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back