News Collingwood Magpies Doubted Jarryd Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

So Blair actually sought Mick Malthouse out and pestered him into giving him advice on how to make it. Hmmm. There've been several player's in the past whom I've felt sure would make it and didn't, most notably Ben Davies. I guess this shows how important relationships really are, which in turn signals Mick's role for the next three years. I don't know if any other AFL coach has his ability to get inside his player's heads and get their best from them.

The guys I doubted the most, Blair, Toovey etc give me the most joy at the moment when I go to games. Absolutely loving the way they play - we are so good right now as these 18th-22nd players in our team are just kicking arse, and its not because they ride on anyones coattails, they genuinely are just having a crack and progressing as footballers.

Blair played in a pre-season game against Richmond in 2010 I think it was at Optus Oval, had one of the worst kicking days ever. Wrote him off pretty much based on that at the time as he didn't have much else going for him, how wrong could I be.

That is why we are winning so well atm. Our bottom 5-6 actually show plenty of promise and are playing like they want to keep their spots each week. Same cannot be said for other teams. Even if they somewhat shut down our bigger names guys like Blair will dominate and be the difference.

Even if our top 12 or so break even with their top 12, I have great confidence in the rest of the team being simply too good for their bottom players.

Only injuries will stop the good times at the moment.

mdc summed up Blair perfectly in the player review last week:

Jarryd Blair gets shit done.

I havn't seen a better way of describing him.

Love this. I gotta put this in my signature. :p

Also love the Blair to Rodhan comparison. Rodhan is a star (only star for Port atm) and overcame many obstacles, similar to Blair. Love to watch both as-well. :D

Go blair, get that shit done!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood Magpies Doubted Jarryd Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back