News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the way Fly always pays tribute to the Collingwood fans.I canā€™t remember any other Collingwood coach doing that,or any other coach for that matter.Itā€™s great to see that sort of appreciation from someone at the top level of the club.
None of them have. I remember writing a letter to the club about the way our boys used to walk off the ground after games without ever acknowledging the fans when other clubs had started doing it. I was telling them what Fly acknowledges every week now. You have the biggest, most loyal supporter base in the country- how about throwing us a bloody crumb!

I got a response.

I also wrote a letter (oh for the good old days!) when we traded Paul Williams to Sydney and we also lost a couple of other good Collingwood boys. I said me and my mates were despondent about our short term future. Well blow me down- Greg Swann rang me at home and talked to me for thirty minutes about the talent we were bringing in- James Clement and Brodie Holland to name two who the Pies had big wraps on.

He actually had to end the call for some reason and said he would ring me back after we had already talked for 20 minutes. I thought that was his polite way of saying "see ya later" yet he did ring me back again and we spoke for another ten minutes. I have never forgotten that. What a gentleman.

And he was on the money about those two Freo boys.

None of them have. I remember writing a letter to the club about the way our boys used to walk off the ground after games without ever acknowledging the fans when other clubs had started doing it. I was telling them what Fly acknowledges every week now. You have the biggest, most loyal supporter base in the country- how about throwing us a bloody crumb!

I got a response.

I also wrote a letter (oh for the good old days!) when we traded Paul Williams to Sydney and we also lost a couple of other good Collingwood boys. I said me and my mates were despondent about our short term future. Well blow me down- Greg Swann rang me at home and talked to me for thirty minutes about the talent we were bringing in- James Clement and Brodie Holland to name two who the Pies had big wraps on.

He actually had to end the call for some reason and said he would ring me back after we had already talked for 20 minutes. I thought that was his polite way of saying "see ya later" yet he did ring me back again and we spoke for another ten minutes. I have never forgotten that. What a gentleman.

Loved both players, but Jimmy is still one of my all time favourites.

0da85303d93fb34b25955665d5ef36b7.jpg

f0287b3f41cfc8be4411031a16336415.jpg

cb4a244b7829b23dfabf8d41c684b8cf.jpg

9a25370f740baffde311dada7105d251.jpg

a936220885453b802619e051d353e4fd.jpg

4d94d763c14a8a2015d033fe7541c9d5.jpg

2fb15b0c43b90e34030d69e794d4d08f.jpg

20def5fcb8efac23db64025af997c9e0.jpg

b367f51c555675b1bd650a4968523f22.jpg

0370ec92190a63c3def6630d4a7436ec.jpg

1ef1b94e9b052a6d6e43d392ca5985a1.jpg

15db506ab9fe3574fdedc2ac4a07ffb5.jpg

fbe0032521f4587fa82e305a3b762f45.jpg

8345817f829fe41e0d0fc4d497acf575.jpg

3b790a217430897110b55c2d35824bc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Swann once rang me to tell me that I was the best Collingwood supporter ever.
Greg Swann organised GF tickets for me in 2002 - I paid for them but wouldn't have had them without his assistance

I got a response.

I did some work at Vic Park for the City of Yarra in 2003, unbelievably in the week before the GF.

Yet Greg Swann made himself available to show us around the place, over about two hours (I may have stretched it out a bit longer than was really requiredā€¦). He was very patient and helpful. And although I was there in a professional capacity, I think he twigged that I was a Pies fan.šŸ˜Š

Last edited:
I did some work at Vic Park for the City of Yarra in 2003, unbelievably in the week before the GF.

Yet Greg Swann made himself available to show us around the place, over about two hours (I may have stretched it out a bit longer than was really requiredā€¦). He was very patient and helpful. And although I was there in a professional capacity, I think he twigged that I was a Pies fan.šŸ˜Š
Kirby thinks any story involving Collingwood and the poster is pure narcissism and vanity and a cry for attention. I think they are interesting and provide an insight into the people who make up our great club. Thanks for sharing, Vicky Park.
;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kirby thinks any story involving Collingwood and the poster is pure narcissism and vanity and a cry for attention. I think they are interesting and provide an insight into the people who make up our great club. Thanks for sharing, Vicky Park.
;)
I'm sure that just like Rosie Batty, he has your special letter pinned to his fridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back