News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Um excuse me? Browne can **** right off immediately if he did anything other than manage relationships!

WTF is with our club’s administrators thinking their Stephen Wells? Surely we learnt our lesson post Ed and the Beams debacle. Surely? Licuria and Kelly are the only board members that should have a presence in the football department.

Very ordinary post given Browne’s health situation.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spot on.

I didn’t vote for Browne, but he managed to achieve what we all hoped for.

Sweet 16.

Browne is very unwell and deserves nothing but respect from the supporters.

I hold him in the highest esteem now and am happy to admit I was wrong.

Good luck to him.

Um excuse me? Browne can **** right off immediately if he did anything other than manage relationships!

WTF is with our club’s administrators thinking their Stephen Wells? Surely we learnt our lesson post Ed and the Beams debacle. Surely? Licuria and Kelly are the only board members that should have a presence in the football department.
Shocking post.

How long was Ed President?
22 years? But I dont regard his last 10 or so years as particularly stable, if that's the point of your post. We went through several CEOs and GMs in that time, including captain's picks by Ed. And some very questionable governance.

22 years? But I dont regard his last 10 or so years as particularly stable, if that's the point of your post. We went through several CEOs and GMs in that time, including captain's picks by Ed. And some very questionable governance.
A stable club can have turnover at the top if a positive culture is firmly established.

I reckon we have that.

Which part of the story indicated he had a health problem? Also which part of my post indicated his health should be factored into incorrect governance?

As stated as long as his involvement was limited to managing relationships I’ve got zero issue. Anything further than that and no health issue would change my view.

Which part of the story indicated he had a health problem? Also which part of my post indicated his health should be factored into incorrect governance?

As stated as long as his involvement was limited to managing relationships I’ve got zero issue. Anything further than that and no health issue would change my view.
It’s well known he has cancer.
Just admit your language choice was poor.

A stable club can have turnover at the top if a positive culture is firmly established.

I reckon we have that.

I was confident about our stability until Wright went off on his 'holiday'.

But our culture seems to be holding up.

At any rate, Browne has offered to stay in place until his successor is elected. I assume the new Pres will be from the current Board, who have performed well (as far as can be discerned from outside).

Given the end of Ed’s tenure I feel extremely justified in suggesting the president has no place within the football department (once again aside from managing relationships).
Maybe you could have been more sensitive in your word choice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s well known he has cancer.
Just admit your language choice was poor.
Literally the first I’d heard of it. Why would a cancer diagnosis and treatment change my choice of language on what I would consider the biggest overreach possible in a football club?

Literally the first I’d heard of it. Why would a cancer diagnosis and treatment change my choice of language on what I would consider the biggest overreach possible in a football club?
Being ignorant does not excuse poor language. Maybe you should apologise?

Scodog10
Please quote the part of the article that has you so concerned Browne is interfering in football matters?

Maybe it’s your comprehension skills that are lacking, along with your choice of language.

Scodog10
Please quote the part of the article that has you so concerned Browne is interfering in football matters?

Maybe it’s your comprehension skills that are lacking, along with your choice of language.
jmac70 re-read my first post where it literally quotes that he’s involved in the FD.

From the heart of my bottom I’d like to thank you for this enlightening exchange.

jmac70 re-read my first post where it literally quotes that he’s involved in the FD.

From the heart of my bottom I’d like to thank you for this enlightening exchange.
Can you please quote it word for word?

Being ignorant does not excuse poor language. Maybe you should apologise?
The article Scodog is quoting from says Browne became more involved in football department matters, which is not the role of a President and something we all criticised Ed for doing.

"“Browne has become more heavily involved in the workings of Collingwood’s football department recently"

Not once has Sco tried to link that with anything to do with Browne's health.

The article Scodog is quoting from says Browne became more involved in football department matters, which is not the role of a President and something we all criticised Ed for doing.

Not once has Sco tried to link that with anything to do with Browne's health.
What did he specifically become involved in?

What did he specifically become involved in?
How am I supposed to know, I didn't write the article? Sco is pointing to a specific passage of the article as written and on the face of it it would indicate an overreach. Stop trying to be needlessly antagonistic and difficult.

If you want to know details behind how Browne became more involved, maybe you should reach out directly to Jake Niall and Michael Gleeson who wrote the words in question.

I’m assuming this is the part of the article that has prompted Scodog10 to say the President should “fcuk right off.”

“Browne has become more heavily involved in the workings of Collingwood’s football department recently, having stepped in an attempt to smooth over significant tensions between now-departed football boss Graham Wright and chief executive Craig Kelly.”

Any person with the smallest ability to infer would interpret that as managing relationships.

I’d love to know what people think it could have also meant?

How am I supposed to know, I didn't write the article? Sco is pointing to a specific passage of the article as written and on the face of it it would indicate an overreach. Stop trying to be needlessly antagonistic and difficult.

If you want to know details behind how Browne became more involved, maybe you should reach out directly to Jake Niall and Michael Gleeson who wrote the words in question.
Antagonistic?
Do you think it’s reasonable that someone tells the President to “fcuk right off” without knowing any of the actual details?
I’d describe that as being pretty antagonist.

None of them have. I remember writing a letter to the club about the way our boys used to walk off the ground after games without ever acknowledging the fans when other clubs had started doing it. I was telling them what Fly acknowledges every week now. You have the biggest, most loyal supporter base in the country- how about throwing us a bloody crumb!

I got a response.

I also wrote a letter (oh for the good old days!) when we traded Paul Williams to Sydney and we also lost a couple of other good Collingwood boys. I said me and my mates were despondent about our short term future. Well blow me down- Greg Swann rang me at home and talked to me for thirty minutes about the talent we were bringing in- James Clement and Brodie Holland to name two who the Pies had big wraps on.

He actually had to end the call for some reason and said he would ring me back after we had already talked for 20 minutes. I thought that was his polite way of saying "see ya later" yet he did ring me back again and we spoke for another ten minutes. I have never forgotten that. What a gentleman.

And he was on the money about those two Freo boys.
Thanks for sharing Domus. I know several people who know Greg Swann and they said you could not meet a better, kinder person with integrity and that he would have been thrilled that you took the time to write to the club.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back