News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe when we get to a time when people candidly say “I left because I had the shits because the boss is an utter tossbag” then maybe we can call them legitimate reasons.

Look at John Noble for example - when he requested the trade it was all about needing to be close to his family. And with Collingwood being a family club with family values, surely we understand? Now the deal is done he’s being a lot more candid and the “family” line was clearly BS.

Yeah, sure, you can say that Noble has been replaced by Houston, we’re better off, what’s the fuss?

Ginnivan also didn’t have nice things to say about Collingwood after he left. Neither did Adams. How often do you ever hear players publicly say anything less than complimentary about a former club? Rarely, if ever.

Petryfor leaving raised a lot of eyebrows.

Wright leaving raised a lot of eyebrows. People made excuse that he was always going to leave to join the Devils. What’s the excuse now?

One of our staff members has us before the courts. Sure, there are concerns over that staff member, but it’s not as if Collingwood / Kelly are smelling of roses over it either.

Fly or any coach is not going to please every player on a list.

If Fly had his way then he would probably select 30 players for the grand final and keep everyone happy.

Fly chose the team he thought could get the job done and they duly saluted.

I feel for Noble as most of the fan base does. But to have a crack at people on the way out does nothing for his legacy.

IF the Pies' off-field problems are growing larger by the day ... THEN​

I have a serious issue I would like CFC to address and please bear with me as I analyse the article from a CFC supporters perspective. I might also suggest a fairly balanced perspective as well.

AFL sanction the "Sliding Doors" segment By Damian Barrett... and the AFL are also be implicated by association as they pay via contract for these articles.....

IF ...​

the off-field problems are growing larger by the day, with the prez standing down, the CEO under siege, Wrighty off to Carlton, no footy department boss, Bolton out and Leppa blowing up at seemingly everyone in his newfound role as list boss ...

THEN ...​

for coach Craig McRae, it's over, baby, it's never gonna be that way. Again.

Things to consider...​

Just you put "IF" at the start of your review of each carticle, then is that term sufficient to escape review and therefore not be held to account?

1. Is it fair a reasonable a cancer sufferer who places their recovery above an honoury position with a non for profit organisation / club? In this instance Collingwood FC. Is D Barrett inferring that J Brown should continue in the role at the potential detriment to his health and for the family to be ok with the consequences?

2. CFC have been rewarded through the performance of a high achiever - G Wright. In turn CFC have developed G Wright into a future GM. The result and contribution speak for themselves and CFC benefited enormously. Hello - should society condemn career development and personal aspirations?

3. Yes, having no footy boss may impact us based on the current organisational structure. It takes a lot of organisation focus and strength to resist the notion of "any half decent candidate" will do and continue to search for the right candidate ensuring the right organisation fit.

4. Bolton has (at least publicly) indicated he wanted to get back to his first passion coaching and being in the thick of things. The role he was heading towards with CFC reduced that involvement and therefore not meeting his desires and things which give him intrinsic motivation. It takes a mature employee (Bolton) to live and change jobs to ensure he remains true to himself and his passion. Should that be criticised or condemned?

5. D Barrett inferring / suggesting Leppa was blowing up at "seemingly everyone" in his newfound role as list boss. Where is your evidence to suggest such a serious accusation.

and the implication is:

THEN ...​

If I had the "contacts" at CFC, I would encourage CFC to lodge a formal complaint regarding these potentially slanderous comments and inferences (of course privately), and ask the AFL to appoint an independent person to review the evidence D Barrett has at hand to make such a serious accusation.

If he does have significant evidence which can be verified by other witnesses, then we as a club should address.

If he does not, then an apology from both parties and a significant financial settlement awarded to CFC / Leppa. They can work out the % liability and $ contribution.

Given the profile of the article and given it is on the AFL website, there are many supporters in society who would be worried about the club. The article might damage memberships sales, sponsorship agreements, future players thinking of coming to CFC based on these very serious accusations.

The article if unchecked may cause a reasonable CFC supporter to worry / question what is happening. Is this the real but hidden agenda? If it is, then it should be called out for what it is....!

We have just seen the AFL target GWS players for bringing the game into disrepute, and given this position (rightly or wrongly), is it ok for a journalist who is paid by the AFL to produce and publish on the AFL website articles which have the potential to bring the game into disrepute?

I think not!

Just hope he picks elsewhere.
His support of Eddie Maguire on the indigenous matter was totally appalling.
On radio he basically endorsed his exit.
Eddie made a mistake.
But by god he did more for the club and the Indigenous peoples than 95 per cent of the population.
There is plenty who rushed to judgement.
Eg Hawthorn debacle

What exactly has Eddie done for Aboriginal people? If you make one mistake maybe, but when you keep making them over and over that is racism.

I have a serious issue I would like CFC to address and please bear with me as I analyse the article from a CFC supporters perspective. I might also suggest a fairly balanced perspective as well.

AFL sanction the "Sliding Doors" segment By Damian Barrett... and the AFL are also be implicated by association as they pay via contract for these articles.....

IF ...​

the off-field problems are growing larger by the day, with the prez standing down, the CEO under siege, Wrighty off to Carlton, no footy department boss, Bolton out and Leppa blowing up at seemingly everyone in his newfound role as list boss ...

THEN ...​

Things to consider...​

Just you put "IF" at the start of your review of each carticle, then is that term sufficient to escape review and therefore not be held to account?

1. Is it fair a reasonable a cancer sufferer who places their recovery above an honoury position with a non for profit organisation / club? In this instance Collingwood FC. Is D Barrett inferring that J Brown should continue in the role at the potential detriment to his health and for the family to be ok with the consequences?

2. CFC have been rewarded through the performance of a high achiever - G Wright. In turn CFC have developed G Wright into a future GM. The result and contribution speak for themselves and CFC benefited enormously. Hello - should society condemn career development and personal aspirations?

3. Yes, having no footy boss may impact us based on the current organisational structure. It takes a lot of organisation focus and strength to resist the notion of "any half decent candidate" will do and continue to search for the right candidate ensuring the right organisation fit.

4. Bolton has (at least publicly) indicated he wanted to get back to his first passion coaching and being in the thick of things. The role he was heading towards with CFC reduced that involvement and therefore not meeting his desires and things which give him intrinsic motivation. It takes a mature employee (Bolton) to live and change jobs to ensure he remains true to himself and his passion. Should that be criticised or condemned?

5. D Barrett inferring / suggesting Leppa was blowing up at "seemingly everyone" in his newfound role as list boss. Where is your evidence to suggest such a serious accusation.

and the implication is:

THEN ...​

If I had the "contacts" at CFC, I would encourage CFC to lodge a formal complaint regarding these potentially slanderous comments and inferences (of course privately), and ask the AFL to appoint an independent person to review the evidence D Barrett has at hand to make such a serious accusation.

If he does have significant evidence which can be verified by other witnesses, then we as a club should address.

If he does not, then an apology from both parties and a significant financial settlement awarded to CFC / Leppa. They can work out the % liability and $ contribution.

Given the profile of the article and given it is on the AFL website, there are many supporters in society who would be worried about the club. The article might damage memberships sales, sponsorship agreements, future players thinking of coming to CFC based on these very serious accusations.

The article if unchecked may cause a reasonable CFC supporter to worry / question what is happening. Is this the real but hidden agenda? If it is, then it should be called out for what it is....!

We have just seen the AFL target GWS players for bringing the game into disrepute, and given this position (rightly or wrongly), is it ok for a journalist who is paid by the AFL to produce and publish on the AFL website articles which have the potential to bring the game into disrepute?

I think not!

(1) Barrett is a professional shit stirrer. That’s his brand. But the AFL industry provides him with a wealth of material to work with, so it’s rare he needs to try that hard.

(2) Barrett is entitled to his opinion. If he reckons that our off-field happenings are concerning for Collingwood then he’s entitled to think that. You may disagree, but that doesn’t mean he “… needs to be held to account …” anymore than you do for your opinion. Besides, nothing but the passing of time will determine who is right and who is wrong.

(3) In this case I reckon Barrett has a reasonable point. How many years have been as disruptive as this one for Collingwood? Sure, 2021 was worse (way worse - we lost 2 Presidents, 3 other board members, the footy boss, the senior coach, elements of the membership agitating for an EGM, Do Better report, lost major sponsor, etc, etc) but I can’t think of too many others.

(4) We cheer our team from the grandstands, but that doesn’t mean we should believe that everything off-field at Collingwood farts rainbows. Plenty of things have happened inside the four walls that have been problematic. As was shown by the Do Better Report. As was shown by admissions by execs / board members that Collingwood has been in financial trouble at various stages in the past.

Why does Eddie have to do anything for the Aboriginal people.
The Aboriginal people have the ability to do things for themselves and not rely on other people.

Never said he had to do anything and I would prefer a racist like that did not as it would be tokenism. I was replying to the comment 'But by god he did more for the club and the Indigenous peoples than 95 per cent of the population.' I was simply asking what he ever did for Aboriginal people.

IF ...​

THEN ...​

Things to consider...​

and the implication is:

THEN ...​

I think not!
I'd say:

If CFC give a shit

Then CFC have got a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not get him
He most probably got the flick from WA.
Who wants him in the media?
Woke fence sitter
Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

Apparently Murphy is in contention for number 1 woke ranking in the AFL. Darcy Moore has to be up there. Who rounds off the top 3 wokes in the AFL?
Let me think......

there's a few contenders.....

Toby Greene?
Tom Papley?
Jake Stringer?
Ross Lyon?
Ginni?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back