News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm with you on this. If we played the Scum in a Grand Final, I'd have to be placed in an induced coma until after the game, and only woken up if we won.
Imagine the build up during finals?

It would be a living nightmare listening to their supporters for weeks.

It's bad enough when they win their June premiership.

Those who do not have scars from attending the 1970 GF should state so at the beginning of their post - your post will be read but discounted by 66% due to lack of insight/ real world experience
Fair, I would have attended.... but, it was tricky that year for me. I wasnt born yet.

Imagine the build up during finals?

It would be a living nightmare listening to their supporters for weeks.

It's bad enough when they win their June premiership.
Got a friend who hates carlton more than most because he is the only collingwood fan in a family of carlton supporters, and he was like.. (in 2023) I would love to get carlton in the GF..
I'm like.. wtf. no way. Not only would this city not survive, but imagine if we were off and they beat us. AGAIN. Its not like we were the most dominant side, so I didn't trust that that possibility

Got a friend who hates carlton more than most because he is the only collingwood fan in a family of carlton supporters, and he was like.. (in 2023) I would love to get carlton in the GF..
I'm like.. wtf. no way. Not only would this city not survive, but imagine if we were off and they beat us. AGAIN. Its not like we were the most dominant side, so I didn't trust that that possibility
They don't deserve any success or joy. That's the type of retribution I prefer for them beating us in GF's.

I want them to be the laughing stock of the comp. For decades & decades.

60-0 during the EF against Lions this year brought me to tears with happiness.

They don't deserve any success or joy. That's the type of retribution I prefer for them beating us in GF's.

I want them to be the laughing stock of the comp. For decades & decades.

60-0 during the EF against Lions this year brought me to tears with happiness.
60 - Nil

1729834218310.png

I so appreciate both your and VickyParks view re Carlton, so cruel - the way it should be

This was nearly the perfect call from Whately. But right at the end he finished with "It's unimaginably cruel." What's he talking about? Unimaginable? We imagine that sort of cruelty to Carlton on a daily basis.

Collingwood has parked its plans to play a home game on the Gold Coast for next year as the Suns put up their hand to be a recipient of the expanded suite of Thursday night games.
The Pies had investigated the feasibility of moving a Marvel Stadium home clash to the Gold Coast next year in a move that would give them two weeks in the state in midwinter.

Collingwood would have hosted a Victorian club and also played an away contest against the Gold Coast in that time up north.

But the price of compensating the AFL for moving a game from Marvel Stadium would have been steep as rival clubs including Carlton and Essendon also seek to play extra games at the MCG.

The Pies are now open to being part of the Opening Round fixture which will continue next year in a largely unchanged format after at one stage suggesting it would be overly taxing on their early-season fixture.

Gold Coast has asked for four more big-drawing games against quality opponents in the school holidays period to maximise their fixture, which also includes two games in Darwin.

The Suns were able to sell out games against Brisbane, Essendon, Richmond and Collingwood last year.

This was nearly the perfect call from Whately. But right at the end he finished with "It's unimaginably cruel." What's he talking about? Unimaginable? We imagine that sort of cruelty to Carlton on a daily basis.

and Andy Maher's Reaction makes it even better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

even that little turd montuggna was laughing at Maher in the background

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back