Collingwood player involved in alleged sexual assualt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. It's like watching a group of rabid kids in the playground (and about as intelligent) all trying to say I told you so and jumping on the bandwagon of convicting the whole Collingwood football club. This without the slightest piece of evidence at this stage that any Collingwood player did any nore than witness an alleged assault. Why anybody would bother to respond to half of the comments here is beyond me. There must be a lot of 12 year olds here today!

i would think that because the club, players and police had chosen not to release their names, it may breach some form of privacy. we have seen before where people have been in trouble for releasing names of people who are being investigated or even charged with crimes (like when people release the names or convicted rapists/kiddy fiddlers etc that are living in the public again). they may also think there is a defamation case because regardless of the outcome of the investigation they will always be 'accused rapists' now, where if their names had never been released and the investigation falls apart they may not be.

No crime committed. 3AW (while a lowest-common denominator media organisation) know what they're doing. Beams & McCarthy were never labelled as being perpetrators, only that they had been interviewed.

As for defamation - truth is a defence. Providing that it is true that these two were interviewed, they've done nothing wrong (legally...morally is another question).

Are these just coincidences?

I guess we can't all bash taxi drivers (Hurley), or have former team members bashing their girlfriends (Lovett). Every team has had incidents. No club is immune. Furthermore, I don't see how half the items on your list are even related to the club, in particular, these ones:

-Father of Nathan Jones assaulted after telling a Collingwood supporter to "stop swearing, there are small kids around" <- club related how?
-Dane Swan has a tooth knocked out at Eve nightclub <- yeah, and? Heroes everywhere. Dane didn't even retaliate, just walked away.
-Paul Licuria implies he would like to fight Milne in the carpark <-oh, noticed you missed the part with Milne started it by calling Lica a ****ing f@ggot and Malthouse a grey haired old c*nt?
-Scott Pendlebury is bashed, allegedly after "Pendlebury's group was obnoxious and one of them pushed a woman on the pavement, leading to the fight." <- Yeah, his group, not Pendlebury
-A bullet is fired at Travis Cloke's house <- And? How is that Trav's fault?
-Ryan Cook is charged over an alleged assault of a man, causing facial injuries requiring surgery <- Anything come of that charge? I thought it happened because some guy started a fight and Ryan finished it.
-Travis Cloke hurt in an altercation on the Gold Coast <- Again, another hero trying to make a name for themselves by starting a fight with a player

There's probably been a Melbourne player too... but you just don't hear about that cause no one gives a shit about Melbourne.
duckhuntdogbig.gif

What is wrong with the culture at Collingwood? There is seriously something wrong there. Why is it they breed more idiots and thugs than any other club? Their players just seem to put themselves in risky and uneccesary situations. I'm not saying all these incidences are the players fault. But even their supporters are in on the act....​

-Dayne Beams & John McCarthy alleged sexual assault
-Father of Nathan Jones assaulted after telling a Collingwood supporter to "stop swearing, there are small kids around"
-Heath Shaw warned by a magistrate to curb his drinking or risk going to jail and ruining his AFL career
-Simon Buckley keys his ex-girlfriend's car after a break-up
-Dane Swan has a tooth knocked out at Eve nightclub
-Mick Malthouse ironically calls Stephen Milne a "rapist" in a major public event. He then lies to the media and the club. He then backtacks and doesn't even have the common decency to pick up a phone and apologise.
-Paul Licuria implies he would like to fight Milne in the carpark

Well, I've known a few Essendon players over the years... and if you're going to go down that path, I know of:​

• One player who was driving home drunk and smashed his car into several cars near his house on the way home
  • Two players having group sex with a girl in a parked car
  • One player losing his licence for drink driving
  • Another being heavily involved in recreational drugs
And the things I know about another player (not Essendon) would make Milne, Beams, McCarthy etc. look like gentlemen.

For some reason, these incidents don't become public the way they do when Collingwood is involved.

But I like the way you've turned some cases in which the Collingwood player was actually the victim into a cultural problem at Collingwood.

Don't you think that it's a lot harder for Collingwood players to go out and have a good time without getting into trouble than it is for other AFL players? Considering it's a fact that if you don't barrack for Collingwood, most people absolutely hate them, so it's no wonder they get into a lot of trouble when they go out, and you have drunken half-wits giving them crap and trying to egg them on...

Will be interesting next year to hear if the Pies supporters still have things to say about Milne and Montagna.

Well, I've known a few Essendon players over the years... and if you're going to go down that path, I know of:​

• One player who was driving home drunk and smashed his car into several cars near his house on the way home
  • Two players having group sex with a girl in a parked car
  • One player losing his licence for drink driving
  • Another being heavily involved in recreational drugs
And the things I know about another player (not Essendon) would make Milne, Beams, McCarthy etc. look like gentlemen.

For some reason, these incidents don't become public the way they do when Collingwood is involved.

But I like the way you've turned some cases in which the Collingwood player was actually the victim into a cultural problem at Collingwood.

Don't you think that it's a lot harder for Collingwood players to go out and have a good time without getting into trouble than it is for other AFL players? Considering it's a fact that if you don't barrack for Collingwood, most people absolutely hate them, so it's no wonder they get into a lot of trouble when they go out, and you have drunken half-wits giving them crap and trying to egg them on...

Ad hominem. But since you did...

Can you please show me a source proving all of these alleged incidences? As is with the cases I listed, I can provide relevant proof to back them up. Also fwiw, you have listed four incidences. Maybe we should compare them "side-by-side" and see who's is bigger. Perhaps that is what they were doing on Sunday morning, before it escalated.

Regards,

paulkellyjnr

Ad hominem. But since you did...

Can you please show me a source proving all of these alleged incidences? As is with the cases I listed, I can provide relevant proof to back them up. Also fwiw, you have listed four incidences. Maybe we should compare them "side-by-side" and see who's is bigger. Perhaps that is what they were doing on Sunday morning, before it escalated.

Regards,

paulkellyjnr
Perhaps trolls like you should go back to the schoolyard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So easy to judge and jump to conclusions when it's not your club.

Stevie J, Matty Stokes and Paul Chapman ring a bell?

How quickly we forget!

Rather, we should be saying:

- With all the money clubs like Collingwood have invested in footy players, including professional psychologists, counsellors, and mentoring, how do these incidents occur?

The "culture" clubs are trying to foster is one of professionalism and responsibility.

That we still have incidents like this is a symptom of society, not of the football club. I would extend that reasoning to Geelong's naughty boys too, wouldn't you?

If not, what's your take on your abusive, drug dealing players? Club culture as well? Simple mind!

Stop with the defamation stuff.

I haven't heard what Mitchell said, but if he said they were interviewed by Police and that's all what's the problem.

TRUTH is the ultimate defence in defamation. you can't defame some one if you are speaking the truth.

What is wrong with the culture at Collingwood? There is seriously something wrong there. Why is it they breed more idiots and thugs than any other club? Their players just seem to put themselves in risky and uneccesary situations. I'm not saying all these incidences are the players fault. But even their supporters are in on the act....​

-Dayne Beams & John McCarthy alleged sexual assault
-Father of Nathan Jones assaulted after telling a Collingwood supporter to "stop swearing, there are small kids around"
-Heath Shaw warned by a magistrate to curb his drinking or risk going to jail and ruining his AFL career
-Simon Buckley keys his ex-girlfriend's car after a break-up
-Dane Swan has a tooth knocked out at Eve nightclub
-Mick Malthouse ironically calls Stephen Milne a "rapist" in a major public event. He then lies to the media and the club. He then backtacks and doesn't even have the common decency to pick up a phone and apologise.
-Paul Licuria implies he would like to fight Milne in the carpark

-Scott Pendlebury is bashed, allegedly after "
Pendlebury's group was obnoxious and one of them pushed a woman on the pavement, leading to the fight."
-A bullet is fired at Travis Cloke's house
-Ryan Cook is charged over an alleged assault of a man, causing facial injuries requiring surgery​

-Travis Cloke hurt in an altercation on the Gold Coast
-Heath Shaw drink drives and crashes into two parked cars. Didak and Shaw lie to the club.
-Sharrod Wellingham drink drives and loses licence

-

Alan Didak was questioned by police in June over his acquaintance with Christopher Wayne Hudson, who Didak drank with at 4am in a strip club before a wild ride in the week before the CBD shootings
-Brodie Holland put a woman in a headlock and punched her in the face

-Alan Didak is arrested after a dispute over a $15 cab fare with a taxi driver
-Chris Tarrant and Ben Johnson are charged for rendering a man unconcious and causing facial injuries.
-Chad Morrison is caught drink driving and loses his licence
-

Dane Swan is found guilty of criminal damage and assault charges arising from a brawl at Federation Square where he and a group of men attacked a cleaner and three security guards
-

Brodie Holland was charged with assaulting two women out the front of a Melbourne nightclub
-

Brodie Holland was fined over various driving offences including driving without a license and driving recklessly

Are these just coincidences?​

Brilliant post :thumbsu:

What you've got to bear in mind is that anyone who keeps such a list of these things clearly has a massive issue and not just the obvious case of inferiority complex that any child can see. WTF would anybody have such a list for or go researching such things for. The childish behaviour in this thread it appears knows no bounds.

So easy to judge and jump to conclusions when it's not your club.

Stevie J, Matty Stokes and Paul Chapman ring a bell?

How quickly we forget!

Rather, we should be saying:

- With all the money clubs like Collingwood have invested in footy players, including professional psychologists, counsellors, and mentoring, how do these incidents occur?

The "culture" clubs are trying to foster is one of professionalism and responsibility.

That we still have incidents like this is a symptom of society, not of the football club. I would extend that reasoning to Geelong's naughty boys too, wouldn't you?

If not, what's your take on your abusive, drug dealing players? Club culture as well? Simple mind!

Very, very good post.
How does this shit still happen with all the services and education available to players? The CFC spends as much time and energy on these matters as any other club, if not more.
The problem lies with the bad egg examples of moronic, cashed up men-children. NOT THE CLUB's CULTURE.

Most of the clubs - especially in Melbourne - have had problems with players doing the wrong thing, which is hardly surprising when you combine low IQ, young guys, hero worship and lots of money.

Ad hominem. Nice touch.
In your dreams little boy. I'm quite sure I've never come across a little squirt so full of jealousy that he feels the need to go researching anything he can get his hands on in some vain attempt to throw mud. When you grow up maybe we can talk. For now I won't waste my time. Clearly your agenda gets in the way of anything approaching intelligible discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back