Collingwood should be embarrassed

Remove this Banner Ad

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is a club with pretensions of being in the Top 4. A club whose coach said he was coming to Adelaide to win. A club that chose not to suspend two players for a misdemeanour, because "winning is the first priority". A club whose coach said in the post matc press conference that they are a "good pressure side". A club whose supporters tells us gets to play most of its games in Melbourne because they pull big gates.

And they turned on the sort of negative, defensive, boring, loser football that we in Adelaide have only seen from bottom 8 sides previously. And then (justly) got sent home as losers.

I guess Chris Tarrant needed to stick with his buddy because he spent more time close to Ben Johnson than to Anthony Rocca. I guess the reason he was important to Collingwood was because they needed another wingman?

How must it feel, as a player, to be told that you're not good enough to play positive football against a fellow top side?

Because that's what Mick Malthouse told his players before tonight's game.

Pffffft. They are our btches. Take that, you rabble.

arrowman said:
This is a club with pretensions of being in the Top 4. A club whose coach said he was coming to Adelaide to win. A club that chose not to suspend two players for a misdemeanour, because "winning is the first priority". A club whose coach said in the post matc press conference that they are a "good pressure side". A club whose supporters tells us gets to play most of its games in Melbourne because they pull big gates.

And they turned on the sort of negative, defensive, boring, loser football that we in Adelaide have only seen from bottom 8 sides previously. And then (justly) got sent home as losers.

I guess Chris Tarrant needed to stick with his buddy because he spent more time close to Ben Johnson than to Anthony Rocca. I guess the reason he was important to Collingwood was because they needed another wingman?

How must it feel, as a player, to be told that you're not good enough to play positive football against a fellow top side?

Adelaide average winning margin at home v Everyone but Collingwood: 74 points

Adelaide average winning margin against Collingwood at home: 4 points

We are getting there and glad the boys played particularly Benny, who was easily in our best.

Few concerns for the crows once they have to leave AAMI.

i found it pretty amusing, MM left the two in the side thinking they would make such a difference on the game with their week leading up, but really, they were a stick on the cog, lead weights.

You have to have a good record against us for more than 2 years for us to be your bitches mate.

Try us against you guys from 1991-2004. That's ownership.

02 PF still causing nightmares?

arrowman said:

Too true.

The truth will no doubt hurt some delicate Pies fans feelings though, so doubtless you will hear a lot of whinges in reply this post.

Warwick said:
First poster: What absolute crap. I admit I am no Collingwood fan at all but that is pure rubbish.
Easy for you to say. You didn't have to use 1/11th of your season ticket to watch that crap.

"Oooh, oooh!" the Collingwood supporters say, "We got so close, Adelaide's in trouble, we are a contender, we've worked them out!"

1. You had a free kick count more lopsided than the Titanic.
2. You were moving 17 players into defence while one of our players was having a shot for goal.
3. Your idea of "working us out" or playing an Adelaide style was to scatter about a dozen players randomly across the centre and half back lines.
4. You ruches 9 - count 'em, 9 - behinds.
5. Our performance was only average.
6. But you still lost.

Yep, drivel (MagpieWayne - it's drivel, by the way, not "dribble"). Believe that if you like. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SpecialComments said:
I dont go for collingwood, but you have just talked a load of F-en CRAP. Was a top effort by the pies, the choking crows should have lost.
How is it a top effort to be a supposed "contender" and then to try to choke down a game like the Pies did?

I thought the Pies were supposed to be an exciting side with an all-powerfull forward line?

Pfft to that. The Pies were dreadful and pathetic tonight, and I hate to say it but the Crows were nearly as woeful.

arrowman said:

You should go back in your hole.
You talk about negative football!!!! Thats the type of play that won you the first game against us this year! If you didn't hold up play with that sh.i.t.t.y. chip, chip c.r.a.p that you did for how bloody long I dont know, then you would not have won the game.
Tonight was an arm wrestle for both teams Your lot ended up on top....So be it.
I think it showed that Adelaide are not unbeatable even though we didn't win (as shown by West Coast aswell). Come finals time it will be interesting.

MagpieWayne said:
Drivel, dribble its all the same.
I'm sure to a Pies supporter it is. :)

Perhaps you could enlighten us on the attacking tactics Collingwood employed tonight? I must have missed them, being at the game and all. Did you get a better view on TV?

Warwick said:
First poster: What absolute crap. I admit I am no Collingwood fan at all but that is pure rubbish.

GrayNicolls said:
stupid thread

only 4 points in it - i would say the pies were gallant in defeat

SpecialComments said:
I dont go for collingwood, but you have just talked a load of F-en CRAP. Was a top effort by the pies, the choking crows should have lost.
So there you go arrowman!

You're a lightweight. From now on, post this unsubstantiated bull**** on Bay 13 where you belong. :thumbsdown:

I thought the umpiring was OK tonight. It was lopsided in favour of the pies but most of them were there to tell you the truth. There were a couple of critical ones that should've gone Adelaide's way - the Brodie Holland arm over the shoulder and the Tarrant "free" just before the end.

I could not believe Holland got away with that one on Bode? He still had his arm over his shoulder when the umpire asked for the ball.

And what were the Crows' tactics you peanut???

Both team played the same way - identical in fact!!

Open your other eye, or at least the two on your other head!!!

Lica said:
You should go back in your hole.
You talk about negative football!!!! Thats the type of play that won you the first game against us this year! If you didn't hold up play with that sh.i.t.t.y. chip, chip c.r.a.p that you did for how bloody long I dont know, then you would not have won the game.
Tonight was an arm wrestle for both teams Your lot ended up on top....So be it.
I think it showed that Adelaide are not unbeatable even though we didn't win (as shown by West Coast aswell).
There were a few small differences between the West Coast game and this one.

The main one being that the West Coast are a talented, attacking footy team.
Lica said:
Come finals time it will be interesting.
Only for the first couple of weeks for your mob, I suspect.

ollie73 said:

Ah, someone else who wasn't at the game.

Or perhaps a widescreen TV might have helped. :rolleyes:

arrowman said:

What a crap post. They almost won the game, and getting to within 4 points at AAMI stadium is a good effort. Crows flooded just as much as Collingwood from what I saw. Every time Rocca was on a lead about 3 Crows dropped back and cut him off.

Not sure why you would be so bitter to an opposition team just after a win. Did you sit next to an annoying Collingwood supporter at the game or something? Either way, this will get moved to Bay 13.

ollie73 said:

Nope wasn't possible to play the same football, the flood was dominant for collingwood they had trouble moving forward for lack of players ahead of the ball.
Most kicks were cut off by a floating in backman for adelaide as the forward line for the pies were still coming back some of the time the pies outnumbering adelaide up forward but making vision mistakes.
What Adeliade did that was moronic was not run the ball and draw players to them.
Adelaides ruck work gave Collingwood a few chances also and the quick kick from adelaide was mostly a bomb into the awaiting collingwood player to spoil riccuito wasnt going to outmark presta

FIGJAM said:
So there you go arrowman!
You know you've got a problem when you have to start quoting SpecialBoy to support you ;)
FIGJAM said:
You're a lightweight. From now on, post this unsubstantiated bull**** on Bay 13 where you belong. :thumbsdown:
I'm sure it will end up on Bay 13.

Mostly because of the responses from Collingwood supporters :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood should be embarrassed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back