Collingwood should be embarrassed

Remove this Banner Ad

arrowman said:
1. You had a free kick count more lopsided than the Titanic.
2. You were moving 17 players into defence while one of our players was having a shot for goal.
3. Your idea of "working us out" or playing an Adelaide style was to scatter about a dozen players randomly across the centre and half back lines.
4. You ruches 9 - count 'em, 9 - behinds.
5. Our performance was only average.
6. But you still lost.

Exactly. Good post and good thread.

gdmclean said:
What a crap post. They almost won the game, and getting to within 4 points at AAMI stadium is a good effort. Crows flooded just as much as Collingwood from what I saw. Every time Rocca was on a lead about 3 Crows dropped back and cut him off.
3 players? 3???? That's your idea of "flooding as much as Collingwood did"?

Another one who wasn't there, I see. :)
gdmclean said:
Not sure why you would be so bitter to an opposition team just after a win. Did you sit next to an annoying Collingwood supporter at the game or something? Either way, this will get moved to Bay 13.
That would be because I'm not bitter. You might like to consider the possibility that being at the game, I saw more of it than you did, and I didn't like what I saw (from Collingwood's point of view).

I can't believe the hypocrisy in terms of numbers behind the ball from you Cows.

Fair dinkum, it's like your **** don't stink! Stop believing your own hype and understand there are 14 other teams who do what we both did tonight.

We took you within a goal, as we are closer to equal with you than your consciousness wants to admit.

Now be gracious in winning, or I will continue to tear you all a third arseh*le!

ok.crows said:
Too true.

The truth will no doubt hurt some delicate Pies fans feelings though, so doubtless you will hear a lot of whinges in reply this post.

In rd 1 when the Crows were losing didnt they start all this keepings off crap ?

jlc

FIGJAM said:
I can't believe the hypocrisy in terms of numbers behind the ball from you Cows.

Fair dinkum, it's like your **** don't stink! Stop believing your own hype and understand there are 14 other teams who do what we both did tonight.

We took you within a goal, as we are closer to equal with you than your consciousness wants to admit.

Now be gracious in winning, or I will continue to tear you all a third arseh*le!
Yes everyone floods, it makes sense to back up your team mates this game collingwoods flood was more dominant though and all iI keep hearing from collingwood fans is Adelaide do it more.

arrowman said:
This is a club with pretensions of being in the Top 4. A club whose coach said he was coming to Adelaide to win. A club that chose not to suspend two players for a misdemeanour, because "winning is the first priority". A club whose coach said in the post matc press conference that they are a "good pressure side". A club whose supporters tells us gets to play most of its games in Melbourne because they pull big gates.

And they turned on the sort of negative, defensive, boring, loser football that we in Adelaide have only seen from bottom 8 sides previously. And then (justly) got sent home as losers.

I guess Chris Tarrant needed to stick with his buddy because he spent more time close to Ben Johnson than to Anthony Rocca. I guess the reason he was important to Collingwood was because they needed another wingman?

How must it feel, as a player, to be told that you're not good enough to play positive football against a fellow top side?

Because that's what Mick Malthouse told his players before tonight's game.

Pffffft. They are our btches. Take that, you rabble.

I hate Collingwood as much as the next bloke, but this is sheer crap.

Message. Win a final before you can talk to the big boys.:)

arrowman said:
There were a few small differences between the West Coast game and this one.

The main one being that the West Coast are a talented, attacking footy team.

I agree and we have beaten them :eek:
Only for the first couple of weeks for your mob, I suspect.
Dont speak to soon buddy. Look at your own teams finals records of recent years!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

FFS both teams flooded as each other!

And really does anyone blame Collingwood for employing a massive flood? It's been proven earlier this year that they are susceptible to a flood against the Tigers and tonight was just another example. The Crows can't handle it. To get up by a kick isn't a convincing win.

Get used to it Crows fans because every side you are playing for the rest of the year was watching tonight and will employ the same tactics. You better be used to it come finals time because if you're not have start booking the caravan for late September.

Hadders said:
FFS both teams flooded as each other!
If you really believe that, you have NFI. This would be because either
a. You did not enjoy the privilege of axctually being at the game where you could see the whole field at once,or
b. You actually have NFI.
Hadders said:
And really does anyone blame Collingwood for employing a massive flood? It's been proven earlier this year that they are susceptible to a flood against the Tigers and tonight was just another example.
So, what you're saying is, Collingwood are no better than Richmond?
Hadders said:
The Crows can't handle it.
Not many teams can.

But your problem is that our coach and players are smarter and better learners than your, and you've just helped us along.
Hadders said:
To get up by a kick isn't a convincing win.
I don't believe you get extra points for "convincing".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith said:
I laugh when teams complain about others using their own tactics against them

I'm trying to work out if I saw 1 contest inside the Pies 50 that was 1 on 1, dont believe I did, the Crows are the masters of the flood then cry when someone does the same thing to them :rolleyes:

You know, I think you are right ... I don't think I ever saw a 1 on 1 contest in the Pies forward 50 either.

That was because the Pies players were always in their backline, flooding the Crows forward 50.

ok.crows said:
You know, I think you are right ... I don't think I ever saw a 1 on 1 contest in the Pies forward 50 either.

That was because the Pies players were always in their backline, flooding the Crows forward 50.
And all the Crows players were back in the pies f50 flooding, ever heard of manning up? Or would you rather whinge

This is as funny as Blues fans booing Sydney for playing kick to kick when they flooded or Hawks fans doing the same last week

eddiesmith said:
I laugh when teams complain about others using their own tactics against them
I laugh at people who think that moving 17 players into your defensive half is "using Adelaide's tactics". :rolleyes:
eddiesmith said:
I'm trying to work out if I saw 1 contest inside the Pies 50 that was 1 on 1, dont believe I did, the Crows are the masters of the flood then cry when someone does the same thing to them :rolleyes:
See above.

Oh, by the way, Collingwood did also try "Adelaide's tactics" - the real ones that is, not the ones that exist in the minds of people who don't understand much about football and (the various forms of) flooding.

This involved trying to put numbers at and behind the ball across centre and half back, then moving rapidly forward in a group or line.

Trouble was, they rarely pulled it off with any great success. This is because (1) their skill level was lacking and (2) their coach doesn't realise that you actually have to practice this sort of thing for more than one week to be any good at it.

eddiesmith said:
And all the Crows players were back in the pies f50 flooding, ever heard of manning up?
This would perhaps explain how the Crows defenders found themselves outmanning Anthony Rocca 5 to 1 at one stage.

Because Pebbles was the only Collingwood player forward of centre.

I defy you to find one occasion in the game when 17 Adelaide players retreated behind centre. For Collingwood, on the other hand, there were several.
eddiesmith said:
Or would you rather whinge
I tell you what I'd "rather do" (and am enjoying doing, at least for a little while) - it's watching Pies supporters trying to analyse tonight's game as one where Collingwood employed Adelaide's own tactics against them, and Adelaide flooded just as much as Collingwood.

That's what's really funny. For a little while, anyway. :)

It's not the flooding that sucks it's the bad decisions the players made to counter it that was frustrating.
When Adelaide had a chance to flood they did.
Super flooding in a way counters the other teams flooding capabilities on the super flooders rebound not allowing them to get back on your players so you are running with the flight.

The kicking into 50 in a super flood situation was poorly directed, towards the pockets, bombed in onto shorter forwards who were going to be outnumbered.
The hesitation to get the ball moving made things worse.
The complete lack of initiative of players to run the ball in was sad.

Hadders said:
FFS both teams flooded as each other!.

Not correct.

If the Crows are passing it left to right across the middle trying to look for a half-way decent avenue into attack ... that means the Collingwood players are hyper flooding.

If Bassett plays on, stops, stands still at the back edge of the square looking for the best pass ... stands there for a few tens of seconds, looks behind himself to see if there are any Pies forward line players behind him and about to tackle (and sees that there aren't) ... and no-one comes to him so he just stands there with the ball looking for an option ... that means the Pies are hyper-flooding! They are all forward of Bassett ... no Pies forwards in the Pies forward 50 at all ... and no Pies player even trying to put pressure on the ball.

I din't see any Collingwood backline player do anything similar.

arrowman said:
If you really believe that, you have NFI. This would be because either
a. You did not enjoy the privilege of axctually being at the game where you could see the whole field at once,or
b. You actually have NFI.

Look not many Pies fans were at the game because it was in Adelaide. SO don't start getting all high and mighty "I was at the game so I know what I'm talking about". We all know that you Adelaide fans were there and most of us weren't. Did you see the game on TV? No. So how do you know what we saw or not?

So, what you're saying is, Collingwood are no better than Richmond?

I don't care if Collingwood are no better than Richmond quite frankly. If we play you in the finals and win 1-0 I won't give a **** and neither will any Collingwood supporter.

Not many teams can.

But your problem is that our coach and players are smarter and better learners than your, and you've just helped us along.

How have we helped you along?

I don't believe you get extra points for "convincing".

One kick the difference can be easily reversed come finals time. We'll see you there.

ok.crows said:
Not correct.

If the Crows are passing it left to right across the middle trying to look for a half-way decent avenue into attack ... that means the Collingwood players are hyper flooding.

If Bassett plays on, stops, stands still at the back edge of the square looking for the best pass ... stands there for a few tens of seconds, looks behind himself to see if there are any Pies forward line players behind him and about to tackle (and sees that there aren't) ... and no-one comes to him so he just stands there with the ball looking for an option ... that means the Pies are hyper-flooding! They are all forward of Bassett ... no Pies forwards in the Pies forward 50 at all ... and no Pies player even trying to put pressure on the ball.

I din't see any Collingwood backline player do anything similar.

There was an attempt to pressure Scott Thompson at about 60 metres out, not many outside that.

Rocca was on his lonesome a bit and noone gave him the ball.

eddiesmith said:
And all the Crows players were back in the pies f50 flooding, ever heard of manning up? Or would you rather whinge

This is as funny as Blues fans booing Sydney for playing kick to kick when they flooded or Hawks fans doing the same last week
You nong!

The Crows were doing the "kick to kick" and the Pies were busy flooding in tonight's game. Didn't you even watch it?

Hadders said:
Look not many Pies fans were at the game because it was in Adelaide. SO don't start getting all high and mighty "I was at the game so I know what I'm talking about". We all know that you Adelaide fans were there and most of us weren't. Did you see the game on TV? No. So how do you know what we saw or not?
So, you implicitly concede (as you must, because it's a simple fact, not me getting "high and mighty") that I had a better view of the overall tactics in the game than you did.

And yet this did not stop you from saying "FFS both teams flooded as each other!"

Shrug. I will tell you, hand on heart, no flaming, no trolling, no ranting - Collingwood employed an uber flood - 15 or more players behind centre - on many occasions tonight, and Adelaide did not. That's all.

arrowman said:
So, you implicitly concede (as you must, because it's a simple fact, not me getting "high and mighty") that I had a better view of the overall tactics in the game than you did.

And yet this did not stop you from saying "FFS both teams flooded as each other!"

Shrug. I will tell you, hand on heart, no flaming, no trolling, no ranting - Collingwood employed an uber flood - 15 or more players behind centre - on many occasions tonight, and Adelaide did not. That's all.

Yet at the same time you're conceding that you didn't see the game on TV? How do you know what we saw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood should be embarrassed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back