Collingwood should be embarrassed

Remove this Banner Ad

I`m spewin`actually. A game we should have won. Clearly played better footy but them`s the breaks. Tactically an engrossing game...good to watch off-balance Crows when we ran the ball at them(gosh with finals around the corner and two top-6 teams having exposed them they must be shittin` `emselves - no wonder there`s so much overanalysis from splinterman and friends). Can`t wait to smash them in September but would`ve/should`ve taken the 4 points

PC-04 said:
I`m spewin`actually. A game we should have won. Clearly played better footy but them`s the breaks. Tactically an engrossing game...good to watch off-balance Crows when we ran the ball at them(gosh with finals around the corner and two top-6 teams having exposed them they must be shittin` `emselves - no wonder there`s so much overanalysis from splinterman and friends). Can`t wait to smash them in September but would`ve/should`ve taken the 4 points
Sounds like a robin williams film

arrowman said:
But what's really fascinating is when people start equating the anti-flood tactic of chipping, possession football - or the "slow the game down" tactic of chipping, possession football - with "flooding". That is Olympic-standard dumb.

when you slow the game down to turtle-like speed, you're inviting flooding. teams aren't just going to sit there waiting for the crows to chip over their heads. The slower the ball takes to get to the forward line, the quicker players are going to drop back. Both teams were doing it. You won the game. Move along...

Hadders said:
Yet at the same time you're conceding that you didn't see the game on TV? How do you know what we saw?

pathetic.

everyone, I repeat everyone - including disingenous collingwood supportes ;) - knows you do not get a full view of the ground on TV.

this has always been true. why even argue it?

SpecialComments said:
I dont go for collingwood, but you have just talked a load of F-en CRAP. Was a top effort by the pies, the choking crows should have lost.

I agree - reeks of a poster looking for something else to talk about other than his own sides average form. Ricciuto must be injured. How can he be playing this badly? On tonight's effort Adelaide may not be the good things we all thought to go straight into the GF. You would think Collingwood would be the sort of side that could do the same thing St Kilda did to them over there last year and there's a fair chance the Pies will run 4th and play the Crows at AAMI week 1.

arrowman said:
This is a club with pretensions of being in the Top 4. A club whose coach said he was coming to Adelaide to win. A club that chose not to suspend two players for a misdemeanour, because "winning is the first priority". A club whose coach said in the post matc press conference that they are a "good pressure side". A club whose supporters tells us gets to play most of its games in Melbourne because they pull big gates.

And they turned on the sort of negative, defensive, boring, loser football that we in Adelaide have only seen from bottom 8 sides previously. And then (justly) got sent home as losers.

I guess Chris Tarrant needed to stick with his buddy because he spent more time close to Ben Johnson than to Anthony Rocca. I guess the reason he was important to Collingwood was because they needed another wingman?

How must it feel, as a player, to be told that you're not good enough to play positive football against a fellow top side?

Because that's what Mick Malthouse told his players before tonight's game.

Pffffft. They are our btches. Take that, you rabble.
crowsbabyah8.jpg

SpecialComments said:
I dont go for collingwood, but you have just talked a load of F-en CRAP. Was a top effort by the pies, the choking crows should have lost.
Dont you know any other word but choking? you have a real affiliation with it.

Hadders said:
Look not many Pies fans were at the game because it was in Adelaide. SO don't start getting all high and mighty "I was at the game so I know what I'm talking about". We all know that you Adelaide fans were there and most of us weren't. Did you see the game on TV? No. So how do you know what we saw or not?

I don't care if Collingwood are no better than Richmond quite frankly. If we play you in the finals and win 1-0 I won't give a **** and neither will any Collingwood supporter.

How have we helped you along?

One kick the difference can be easily reversed come finals time. We'll see you there.

some how i don't think u will, because collingwood won't be in the top 4. it will be
Adelaide
West Coast
Melbourne
Sydney

St.Kilda
Collingwood
Fremantle
W. Bulldogs

and freo will have too much run for the pies and beat them once again which means collingwood would then play either West Coast (in perth) or melbourne and i don't fancy your chances there!!

Crow-mo said:
Sorry Figgy,

Arrowman is a great poster. doesn't say much about you if you didn't already know that.

He is certainly a good poster on the general boards. Really hasn't proven himself on football matters but he has potential if he steers away from stuff like this.

Keep it up mate.

crows_4_life said:
some how i don't think u will, because collingwood won't be in the top 4. it will be
Adelaide
West Coast
Melbourne
Sydney

St.Kilda
Collingwood
Fremantle
W. Bulldogs

and freo will have too much run for the pies and beat them once again which means collingwood would then play either West Coast (in perth) or melbourne and i don't fancy your chances there!!

I'm pretty sure if we lost in the 1st week we would be eliminated. Not hard to tell you're South Australian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crows_4_life said:
Adelaide
West Coast
Melbourne
Sydney

St.Kilda
Collingwood
Fremantle
W. Bulldogs

So we get a double chance from 6th place? you just showed how little you know about football.

Squeak said:
I'm pretty sure if we lost in the 1st week we would be eliminated. Not hard to tell you're South Australian.

well knobhead if u read the post u will see i wrote that pies play freo then either west coast or melbourne if they win against freo!! but i suppose all u pies fans cant afford education on centrelink wages

crows_4_life said:
well knobhead if u read the post u will see i wrote that pies play freo then either west coast or melbourne if they win against freo!! but i suppose all u pies fans cant afford education on centrelink wages

Nah u said Freo will beat Collingwood in an elimination final so how the **** are we gonna play WC or Melb...

"and freo will have too much run for the pies and beat them once again which means collingwood would then play either West Coast (in perth) or melbourne and i don't fancy your chances there!!"

Cant see anywhere where you said we were going to win , u predicted a loss then proceeded to say that after freo beat us we will then play WC or Melb LOL :confused:

Looks like you need the education , you cant even understand what you wrote in your own post...

Eddie Vedder said:
Nah u said Freo will beat Collingwood in an elimination final so how the **** are we gonna play WC or Melb...

"and freo will have too much run for the pies and beat them once again which means collingwood would then play either West Coast (in perth) or melbourne and i don't fancy your chances there!!"

Cant see anywhere where you said we were going to win , u predicted a loss then proceeded to say that after freo beat us we will then play WC or Melb LOL :confused:

Looks like you need the education , you cant even understand what you wrote in your own post...
ah fair enough i see i screwed that one up!!! :D u know wat i mean anyway!

crows_4_life said:

YOU need to read your post again buddy because you said the complete opposite to what you ment. Who's the knobhead now?!?!?!?!:eek: :eek:

crows_4_life said:
Adelaide
West Coast
Melbourne
Sydney

St.Kilda
Collingwood
Fremantle
W. Bulldogs

Can you please enlighten us as to which bottom 4 sides we are going to lose to because for your ladder to be right we have to lose 2 of our last 4 or are you tipping Melbourne to beat the Crows? But that would still require us to drop a game to a bottom 4 side, so which one?

eddiesmith said:
Can you please enlighten us as to which bottom 4 sides we are going to lose to because for your ladder to be right we have to lose 2 of our last 4 or are you tipping Melbourne to beat the Crows? But that would still require us to drop a game to a bottom 4 side, so which one?

i think that port will beat collingwood at AAMI, i hate to say it but the pricks always try harder against u guys, the whole black and white heritage sh1t, and have nothin to lose, and 2 interstate trips in 3 weeks pies aren't used to that!!!!! :eek:

also the way carlton played against melbourne they can definently beat collingwood, my logic for this is carlton vs collingwood is similar to crows vs power, no matter where on the ladder they are its always a hard fought match and blues have nothin to lose and on the other hand pies have the pressure of a top 4 spot up for grabs

arrowman said:
This is a club with pretensions of being in the Top 4. A club whose coach said he was coming to Adelaide to win. A club that chose not to suspend two players for a misdemeanour, because "winning is the first priority". A club whose coach said in the post matc press conference that they are a "good pressure side". A club whose supporters tells us gets to play most of its games in Melbourne because they pull big gates.

And they turned on the sort of negative, defensive, boring, loser football that we in Adelaide have only seen from bottom 8 sides previously. And then (justly) got sent home as losers.

I guess Chris Tarrant needed to stick with his buddy because he spent more time close to Ben Johnson than to Anthony Rocca. I guess the reason he was important to Collingwood was because they needed another wingman?

How must it feel, as a player, to be told that you're not good enough to play positive football against a fellow top side?

Obviously another who wasn't at the game. :)

crows_4_life said:
i think that port will beat collingwood at AAMI, i hate to say it but the pricks always try harder against u guys, the whole black and white heritage sh1t, and have nothin to lose, and 2 interstate trips in 3 weeks pies aren't used to that!!!!! :eek:

also the way carlton played against melbourne they can definently beat collingwood, my logic for this is carlton vs collingwood is similar to crows vs power, no matter where on the ladder they are its always a hard fought match and blues have nothin to lose and on the other hand pies have the pressure of a top 4 spot up for grabs
Yeah we had pressure for a top 4 spot once when we met Carlton late in the season, think we struggled home by about 108 points :)

We will not lose to Carlton as we will have a full side in, senior players coming off a rest and we will smash the pricks

arrowman said:
Oh, by the way, Collingwood did also try "Adelaide's tactics" - the real ones that is, not the ones that exist in the minds of people who don't understand much about football and (the various forms of) flooding.

This involved trying to put numbers at and behind the ball across centre and half back, then moving rapidly forward in a group or line.

Trouble was, they rarely pulled it off with any great success. This is because (1) their skill level was lacking and (2) their coach doesn't realise that you actually have to practice this sort of thing for more than one week to be any good at it.

hahahahahahhahahahhahahaha!! you absolute knobhead!!!

I'm sure the tactic you just described is FLOODING!! So what Adelaide employs is a FLOOD, until they receive possession, then they run forward??

What an original concept!!

Obviously, by your own comments, you were lucky we couldn't perform it well, otherwise you would have got a spanking, seeing as the margin was a whopping 4 points!!!

arrowman said:

I guess Chris Tarrant needed to stick with his buddy because he spent m time close to Ben Johnson than to Anthony Rocca. I guess the reason he was important to Collingwood was because they needed another wingman?

1. Firstly in regards to the Taz/Johno incident - say the Crows play a Preliminary Final on the Friday night and they win. Hentschel and Goodwin are involved an altercation in Hindley St early on Sunday morning - If you were Craig - WHAT WOULD YOU DO??????
2. Secondly Malthouse came with a game plan - one that Richmond used to ultimate victory earlier in the season - (Mick did his homework on how shut to down your forwards).

ollie73 said:
I'm sure the tactic you just described is FLOODING!! So what Adelaide employs is a FLOOD, until they receive possession, then they run forward??

Of course they flood. But according to Crows supporters they don't flood "they drop men back":rolleyes:

Amazing how you can try and spin something to fit your own argument.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back