News Collingwood signs deal with Grundy and closing in on deal with Ben Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

It's kind of staggering really to think that we have effectively got the most promising young ruckman in the AFL signed up for the next 4 seasons.

Stunning effort by all involved to get this deal done.:thumbsu:

Good signs that he really wants to stay at the club, it's at the end of the next contract when the serious suitors will come though

I hope the club has their eyes firmly set on signing Dean Cox as our ruck coach when he retires, he would be the perfect mentor to make Brodie into a superstar.

I hope the club has their eyes firmly set on signing Dean Cox as our ruck coach when he retires, he would be the perfect mentor to make Brodie into a superstar.

He's already the Eagles ruck coach and tbh wouldn't see him leaving that club.

Love it when a player especially from another state comes out and says I knew I wanted to play for Collingwood still and just wanted to get the contract out of the way early... Also loved the reaction of Freeman on the club said it was his first choice and got excited about all the players texting him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I'm confused, this article from the age suggests that Grundy has signed for 3 years and Reid has signed for 4 years ? Is this correct ???

Has Grundy signed for 3 or 4 years and has Reid signed for 4 years ?

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/grundy-reid-agree-to-terms-with-pies-20140319-hvkdf.html

Grundy was contracted until end of 2014 and having signed a 3 year extension is contracted until end of 2017. Haven't seen anything official about Reid (think collingwoodfc.com.au or afl.com.au) hence the article uses words like agreed to terms as opposed to signed.

Brilliant news to have him on board for the next few years. There is no doubt he was always going to be our #1 ruck prospect when he was drafted. He has showed promising signs in a short period, lets hope it onwards and upwards from here for him

Perhaps they should stay back after training and write 100 lines.

I will not play like a spud.

All work and no play makes Swanny a dull boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood signs deal with Grundy and closing in on deal with Ben Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back