List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

If Henry stays he’ll request a trade in 12 months time. I hope we get a deal done as I couldn’t handle him playing for us next year. Pick 18 seems fair.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
At the end of the day, I think it will end up being 18. But seriously if we accept a 2nd I’ll be mega p*****.

They are like the Lions …chasing everyone but don’t have the currency to pull everything off in terms of trading in players and picking up kids in the draft at the top end.

Sydney got slapped with ban for bringing in Franklin for a year or two from trading ….yet there’s nothing to see here apparently with what’s occurring….particularly the Bowes plus pick 7?
If the AFL intervened and blocked that pick 7 being on traded …I wonder how serious they’d be about Bowes then….

I agree with this.

He is the lowest priority in this trade & draft period.

They clearly want Clark in the draft with pick 7 .

Michael Gleeson from the Age just said on SEN that looks like pick 18 May be used for Bruhn. He could not see how Geelong find a pick for Henry as they will keep next year’s 1st (trading next year’s 2nd to GCS for Bowes so cannot now trade the 1st).

Actually feel sorry for Ollie who now faces the prospect of staying having tried to leave on a promise before the Bowes deal came to light.

I am not sure they have a pick unless they split 7 and they don’t do that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All very true except the “ before the Bowes deal came to light” bit. Geelong have admitted and even bragged that they have been talking to him for months. I doubt pick 7 was a complete surprise to them….

If this trade period continues on the same shitshow path, it could be the end of players nominating specific clubs, which might not be a bad thing. Port and Geelong now have 3 players publicly nominating them with no resolution in sight. The Dunkley deal is at a standstill. Same with Jackson. All the while, every other simple trade is locked while these clubs figure out what to do. If a large group of players don't get to move this period because of the log jam created by these clubs writing checks they can't cash, I reckon heads will roll.

If this trade period continues on the same shitshow path, it could be the end of players nominating specific clubs, which might not be a bad thing. Port and Geelong now have 3 players publicly nominating them with no resolution in sight. The Dunkley deal is at a standstill. Same with Jackson. All the while, every other simple trade is locked while these clubs figure out what to do. If a large group of players don't get to move this period because of the log jam created by these clubs writing checks they can't cash, I reckon heads will roll.
Which is why I’m pleased Wrighty likes to get the simple stuff out of the way early.

i really dont know why any player would nominate publicly

theres no advantage in it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Geelong wanted this off season to be…

In: Bowes, Bruhn, Ollie, Pick 7 & pick 18.

Out: Pick 38.

HAHAHAHAHA
I think that's fair, strange they haven't requested a priority pick after their struggles this season. I've been made aware of at least half a dozen times the cats needed to negotiate traffic this season on the Princes Fwy just to make a football game.

Think it’s very predictable what their plan will be once they realise they will not be able to have 18 as well as 7.
Swap 18 for a mid to late 20s pick to get another 2nd rounder in 2023. Then swap future 1st for Bruhn.
If they can get a club to do this trade they will then try and pass on the late 20s pick to us. We say no then they say that pick and a pick about 40. Hope we still say no way.

How do you know when he hasn’t played a game? Maybe give it 6
Months before you can judge?
Wouldn't bother, Stormskye. The guy has been trolling the board about McStay, Hill and Frampton on the daily for about a month now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back