List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Let's not forget how negotiations work. We ask for 7, they offer 38, we meet in the middle and get 18.

That said, it looks like Geelong will need to give up a future second for the Bowes/7 deal to make it appear equitable and fair in the AFL's eyes (to meet the pub test). So if they do that, they obviously can't trade a future first for Bruhn or Henry without other trading.

If I'm Geelong I'm probably waiting for all of Jackson, JHF, Dunkley, Hopper etc. to be done before deciding what to do... But right now I'd be taking 7, swapping it with Sydney for 14 & 17. Then trading 17 for Henry, 18 for Bruhn and taking 14 to the draft. Also get to hang onto their future first.

But that doesn't get them Jhye Clark....they want all 3

How about Henry for pick 28 and Esava?
200w.gif

To be honest if you put Esava and Billy Frampton in front of me and said pick one I'd take Esava. Has the size and athletic profile to be a strong defensive option. I think whatever club gets him may have themselves a steal if they develop him into a defender. He's a man mountain and just needs the opportunity

To be honest if you put Esava and Billy Frampton in front of me and said pick one I'd take Esava. Has the size and athletic profile to be a strong defensive option. I think whatever club gets him may have themselves a steal if they develop him into a defender. He's a man mountain and just needs the opportunity

Ratugolea has played a few games back and looked good. It isn't a bad left field option but you wouldn't want to pay much.

Esava doesn't have the touch kicking that Frampton does, Esava also doesn't have the marking ability that Frampton has.

I'm taking Frampton every day of the week, Esava is one of those players that just because he is tall you think he marks the ball but he drops a lot of marks, runs under the ball, mis judges the flight of the ball and with his high ball drop his kicking really lets him down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Esava is nicknamed Springfree , his trampoline marking hands attest to this .

Why is everyone suddenly believing Matt Rendell as gospel? Is it because he said something that is essentially in our favour (criticising Geelong for what they are trying to get Henry for)?

I am incredibly sceptical that Geelong have offered 38 for Henry, particularly because it's Rendell that has "broken" that info rather than an actual journo. Journos who actually tend to get info about what clubs are offering. Literally no one is reporting it beyond Rendell.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What if he’s worth 7?
Why do we have to meet in the middle if their first offer is ridiculous?
Trade value and worth is in the eyes of the beholder. Just because the Cats have offered pick38 doesn’t mean that we don’t rate Henry very highly.

Most people here would much rather keep Henry because we believe in his potential. But even the most avid Henry supporters that totally oppose trading him would accept pick 7 and move on.

No. I can't see him playing with Mitchell probably coming in. And Fiorini. And Carmichael. And Macrae.

I think Parfitt is better than most you named. Geelong don’t hand out Jimmy Bartel’s jumper number to just anyone.

I rate Carmichael but have seen literally nothing in Macrae that leads me to believe he’ll make it at AFL level. A lot of Cal Brown about him to my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Would anyone object to this deal?

Collingwood Give: Grundy + Pick 41

Melbourne Give: Pick 27 + Fremantle Future 2nd Round 2023 (gotten from Jackson Trade)

I think Parfitt is better than most you named. Geelong don’t hand out Jimmy Bartel’s jumper number to just anyone.

I rate Carmichael but have seen literally nothing in Macrae that leads me to believe he’ll make it at AFL level. A lot of Cal Brown about him to my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Disagree. Macrae's started dominating in the VFL and showing good progress. Once he gets the opportunity for a stable run of games in the AFL (not as a sub) he'll be a good mid. Can win clearances and has neat distribution from both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back