List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get the direct quotes from him for me to respond to I'll happily call up.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No point now really, but the discussion was from about an hr ago, so the details are sketchy, on the back of the Hawks trading out Gunston (pick 18) and Mitchell (pick 7). Lloyd then flagged us as a club that should look to move similar quality on. They didn’t take it further with us. As I was typing this out I realised it’s just chess with a pigeon…

Pies: Lipinski
Dogs: Ceglar
Hawks: Lynch

It’s so simple.
Why not just Lipinski for Lynch. I’d be pretty peeved with that scenario. Based on his performances this year, Lynch has massive upside. Talls hold greater value just because good ones are hard to find. We’d want some extra picks for Lynch

Why not just Lipinski for Lynch. I’d be pretty peeved with that scenario. Based on his performances this year, Lynch has massive upside. Talls hold greater value just because good ones are hard to find. We’d want some extra picks for Lynch

I think Dogs will be chasing a more mature ruckman. Lynch is relatively untried. The dogs will be playing finals over the next few seasons.

Lynch had one okay game and one good game. Hardly massive upside I would argue, just because his VFL form was good.

Dogs will be talking to clubs behind the scenes to see what they can on trade our future third for. They need points, so if they can turn it into 700 points this draft on top of splitting their pick 17, it covers the Darcy bid and turns out to be a good outcome for them

You know it.

As it’s playing out I think I’m settling on where Stengle stands for us. He has the talent, but when we pass I’ll be ok with it because he doesn’t have the body. I’m happy to give Wade a chance with our 1-4 year players, but I’m not keen on a 23yo Stengle in a one year rookie situation at one of the biggest clubs in the country under a new fitness boss.

Also could someone call in and b*tch slap Lloyd? He just went with Collingwood trading out one of our big names (Moore, JDG and Maynard) and I have to assume he’s sh*t stirring because he knows the FS bidding system. It’d just make me feel a little better to hear him put back in his place on live radio.

I think Stengle is an upgrade on Thomas and would fit McRae's described style better. He has the pace and intent to pressure and he's sharp enough to take his chances when they come. Thomas has been off the pace for awhile and has become a nervous finisher. I think Stengle an McCreery would make a solid tag team harrassing defenders and sneaking goals. Pace isn't something we've recruited much of and it's something I think McRae will need to improve our ball pressure. Stengle helps that.

Expecting Kreuger to be done this week and Lipinski to go down to the wire. Hopefully only for future picks.

Still not sure who goes out but don't expect a lot in return.

Think the pick swaps will be lined up but not executed until either draft night (when Daicos bid known) or in the pick swap period after player trades are done.

I think Stengle is an upgrade on Thomas and would fit McRae's described style better. He has the pace and intent to pressure and he's sharp enough to take his chances when they come. Thomas has been off the pace for awhile and has become a nervous finisher. I think Stengle an McCreery would make a solid tag team harrassing defenders and sneaking goals. Pace isn't something we've recruited much of and it's something I think McRae will need to improve our ball pressure. Stengle helps that.

Start from the perspective that the SANFL is poo then work backwards. JT would be getting 20+ possessions and kicking as many goals per game as Stengle in the SANFL. It’s fanciful to think a guy that was average in his time at AFL clubs, with Stengle’s fitness base and off field history is an upgrade on JT. If you’re getting Stengle it’s as a younger version of what JT has given us 19-21 in the hope that in 2-3 years time he reaches JT 2018 standard. That’s best case scenario because we aren’t talking Rankine level talent going off the rails we’re talking JT doing coke laced with PED’s going off the rails…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch had one okay game and one good game. Hardly massive upside I would argue, just because his VFL form was good.
Yet he’s some how equivalent to a mid that has also shown a lot at VFL level and not much else. Lynch came from a non AFL background, hence the potential growth. He also beat the best ruckman in the game in one of those two games.

Talls are more highly coveted so if Lipinski is worth a third round pick, Lynch should be a second rounder at minimum. We paid a first round pick for that ruck Spud from Brisbane…forget his name that’s how good he was.

Yep. If Hawks get a pick in the 40s for Ceglar then we try and chase that for Lynch. Otherwise ask for both of their picks 56 & 62 which equals 317 points and pick 47 equivalent.
Love to upgrade our pick 36 and Lynch for the Hawks pick 24 its about 270 extra points but two less player we have to delist compared to getting 56 and 62

You know it.

As it’s playing out I think I’m settling on where Stengle stands for us. He has the talent, but when we pass I’ll be ok with it because he doesn’t have the body. I’m happy to give Wade a chance with our 1-4 year players, but I’m not keen on a 23yo Stengle in a one year rookie situation at one of the biggest clubs in the country under a new fitness boss.

Also could someone call in and b*tch slap Lloyd? He just went with Collingwood trading out one of our big names (Moore, JDG and Maynard) and I have to assume he’s sh*t stirring because he knows the FS bidding system. It’d just make me feel a little better to hear him put back in his place on live radio.

I’m still on board Stengle train mainly due to his age profile and the fact he offers something elite. Namely his sublime crumbing ability at the drop of the ball.

I think it’s something we’ve lacked since the retirements of Krak and Leon. Maybe Ginny has that ability to go with his other forward craft, but I’m not sure we’ve seen enough to be 100% confident yet.

Stengle’s going to have to work his a$$ off to get AFL fit though and we will need to have some surety about his off field behaviour.

I’m starting to get excited about Dib too. He hasn’t had much attention, but rewatching the VC v VM Challenge game just reminded me how much of a spark he is, and just makes things happen.

Last edited:
Yet he’s some how equivalent to a mid that has also shown a lot at VFL level and not much else. Lynch came from a non AFL background, hence the potential growth. He also beat the best ruckman in the game in one of those two games.

Talls are more highly coveted so if Lipinski is worth a third round pick, Lynch should be a second rounder at minimum. We paid a first round pick for that ruck Spud from Brisbane…forget his name that’s how good he was.
He's equivalent because of team need. WB are stacked in the midfield, hence Lipinski is being pushed out, whereas their ruck stocks are barren. In a vacuum they are not equivalent.

Thinking Lynch is worth a second rounder "at minimum" is simply delusional.

The Suns and Pies are also exploring swapping selections which would hand Gold Coast a stronger 2022 draft hand and give Collingwood the ammunition required this year to trade for Pat Lipinski, Nathan Kreuger and match the bid for father-son prospect Nick Daicos.

So swapping future 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounders for current picks lets say 22, 55 and 66.
Gold Coast have picks 3, 19, 22, 43, 55, 58, 66

The Suns and Pies are also exploring swapping selections which would hand Gold Coast a stronger 2022 draft hand and give Collingwood the ammunition required this year to trade for Pat Lipinski, Nathan Kreuger and match the bid for father-son prospect Nick Daicos.

Good call to target the Suns later picks. They are most likely not going to use them this year so give them futures to work with down the track.

Good call to target the Suns later picks. They are most likely not going to use them this year so give them futures to work with down the track.
The "large" pick swap worries me though. Are we going to be almost entirely trading out of 2022 for the sake of matching one player in 2021?

Start from the perspective that the SANFL is poo then work backwards. JT would be getting 20+ possessions and kicking as many goals per game as Stengle in the SANFL. It’s fanciful to think a guy that was average in his time at AFL clubs, with Stengle’s fitness base and off field history is an upgrade on JT. If you’re getting Stengle it’s as a younger version of what JT has given us 19-21 in the hope that in 2-3 years time he reaches JT 2018 standard. That’s best case scenario because we aren’t talking Rankine level talent going off the rails we’re talking JT doing coke laced with PED’s going off the rails…

SANFL may not be AFL level but it isn't bad either and you can still find good players there. McCreery is a good example. Highmore recently. I'm sure there are others.

With Stengle his pace and crumbing are AFL level and I think his defensive pressure can be. I see those as qualities we need and it makes Stengle a good fit for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back