List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or were you seduced by the fact that he had an undersized opponent all night and a defence that's leakier than a boat full of holes
Don’t know. But I can only comment on the game he played and he looked fine, physically developed and may have some potential. His VFL form had been very good as a forward this year. An undersized opponent all night? I think Madge was on him until injured.
At 190cm could be another option. I suspect he wouldn't cost all that much. I look at the VFL team and apart from Johnson, not sure what bigger forwards we have coming through.

Last edited:
Or were you seduced by the fact that he had an undersized opponent all night and a defence that's leakier than a boat full of holes
May and lever wouldn’t have been able to do anything against the midfield dominance the dogs had. A good defence is only as good as the midfield. Atm ours is getting soundly beaten. I want a KPF, but we need a midfield revamp asap.

Don’t know. But I can only comment on the game he played and he looked fine, physically developed and may have some potential. His VFL form had been very good as a forward this year. An undersized opponent all night? I think Madge was on him until injured.
At 190cm could be another option. I suspect he wouldn't cost all that much. I look at the VFL team and apart from Johnson, not sure what bigger forwards we have coming through.

Medium forwards is one position we’re probably ok for.

I've come round to loki04 view. We need to be positioning for a proper rebuild. And it won't be quick.

Hopefully, we've got a few planks already in place with IQ, Daicos and hopefully a couple of the 2020 kids can become quality. But we really need to add a few A graders to go with N Daicos before we worry too much about the role they play. Target needs once we've got some good youngsters on the books. We shouldn't be reducing our likelihood of getting an A grader by only aiming at one player type.

I've come round to loki04 view. We need to be positioning for a proper rebuild. And it won't be quick.

Hopefully, we've got a few planks already in place with IQ, Daicos and hopefully a couple of the 2020 kids can become quality. But we really need to add a few A graders to go with N Daicos before we worry too much about the role they play. Target needs once we've got some good youngsters on the books. We shouldn't be reducing our likelihood of getting an A grader by only aiming at one player type.

Full rebuild would mean we trade Grundy and/or let JDG go via a FA or trade.
What would satisfy you for those two as an example?

Full rebuild would mean we trade Grundy and/or let JDG go via a FA or trade.
What would satisfy you for those two as an example?
I didn't mean that. I meant targeting 6 years down the track with our decisions. Which I suppose could mean gutting the team and trading into drafts, but not necessarily.

I don't think Grundy is tradeable for that much, without paying a heap of his contract. But if his contract was satisfactory to the other team (probably meaning we pay a chunk) he'd be worth a lot - top 5 pick - minimum, probably with steak knives?
JDG would be FA compo, depending on how low we finish.

Last edited:

Nick is a generational talent. We want to maximise what he brings by having enough talent around him to produce sustained success.

Really hope we can somehow find a use for 42, 46 and 47. We need more than one first round rounder.
I dont see us getting a 1st with those picks. Brisbane would prefer to trade their 1st to GCS for their 2nd rounders. GCS have currently picks 34, 43 and 44 they would be happy to trade for brisbanes 1st rounder. They could even improve the deal and swap out their pick 34 for pick 26 to make the offer even better.

I dont see us getting a 1st with those picks. Brisbane would prefer to trade their 1st to GCS for their 2nd rounders. GCS have currently picks 34, 43 and 44 they would be happy to trade for brisbanes 1st rounder. They could even improve the deal and swap out their pick 34 for pick 26 to make the offer even better.
I agree and that’s the issue. Lots to play out. I’m sure they are well and truly working on options but to rebuild one top 10 pick isn’t going to suffice.

Even then, if it was overs it wasn't by that much. Treloar was a sure thing, he didn't really improve much, but at 21, when we drafted him he was a lot more valubale than pick 7. Two pick 7s for Treloar and 28 (or whatever that second round pick number was) really wasn't way overs.

We had given a 3rd pick as well. I think it is way over due to calibre of player you can get in the top 7 vs say pick 28 or watever.

So whilst Treloar was worth a first and 2nd round pick, giving up 2 x 7 was definitely overs and imo by a margin.

May and lever wouldn’t have been able to do anything against the midfield dominance the dogs had. A good defence is only as good as the midfield. Atm ours is getting soundly beaten. I want a KPF, but we need a midfield revamp asap.
I thought we were waiting for the Brown Brothers to age.
Medium bodies, slight fruit with a hint of burnt rubber.
Not quite living up to label name, seems promising yet falls flat & disappoints.
Leaving a distinct soft acidic finish, with more tart on the palate.
Do not cellar. Serve to in-laws or visiting Lawyers, Insurance agents & door to door salesmen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully, we've got a few planks already in place with IQ, Daicos and hopefully a couple of the 2020 kids can become quality. But we really need to add a few A graders to go with N Daicos before we worry too much about the role they play.

giphy.gif

Even then, if it was overs it wasn't by that much. Treloar was a sure thing, he didn't really improve much, but at 21, when we drafted him he was a lot more valubale than pick 7. Two pick 7s for Treloar and 28 (or whatever that second round pick number was) really wasn't way overs.
Treloar wasn't a sure thing. That's reserved for Judd, Ablett jnr, Franklin, Dangerfield and the like. Treloar was a step down, so much so that he himself reported struggling with nerves and shaky performances his first season with us. In reality Treloar didn't ever justify what we traded for him. Though, that's on the club not Adam himself.

I for one hope that we are never willing to pay to that level again based on potential alone.

Essendon currently hold 21 and need points for the upcoming draft, I believe? That pick as an early second might be more gettable?

I thought we were waiting for the Brown Brothers to age.
Medium bodies, slight fruit with a hint of burnt rubber.
Not quite living up to label name, seems promising yet falls flat & disappoints.
Leaving a distinct soft acidic finish, with more tart on the palate.
Do not cellar. Serve to in-laws or visiting Lawyers, Insurance agents & door to door salesmen.
They just need time.. year 10 I’m sure it will click

Treloar wasn't a sure thing. That's reserved for Judd, Ablett jnr, Franklin, Dangerfield and the like. Treloar was a step down, so much so that he himself reported struggling with nerves and shaky performances his first season with us. In reality Treloar didn't ever justify what we traded for him. Though, that's on the club not Adam himself.

I for one hope that we are never willing to pay to that level again based on potential alone.
At 21, Treloar was much more of a sure thing than Ablett and Danger were at the same age. He was a dashing, line breaking, high possession mid, who just needed to tidy up his disposal and decision making - which he never did. He was worth a lot more than a speculative pick 7.

Essendon currently hold 21 and need points for the upcoming draft, I believe? That pick as an early second might be more gettable?
And puts us in the frame for Keeler

whiskeytown

Mate wad on about this last year. (And shot down)

Ship has sailed now.. I'm sure he will sign an extension soon

At 21, Treloar was much more of a sure thing than Ablett and Danger were at the same age. He was a dashing, line breaking, high possession mid, who just needed to tidy up his disposal and decision making - which he never did. He was worth a lot more than a speculative pick 7.
That no club has ever paid as much on the trade table for proven performers or for potentials prior and it appears that no club has paid as much since the Treloar deal, it says that we definitely paid overs for his services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back