List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie, Wright, Casboult. All these guys were mentioned as potential trade targets for us last year and anyone who did it was chastised within an inch of their life.
Kids hit 22 and there's this view that they're now finished products with no scope for improvement. But the reality it that most of them keep improving until they're 28.

Mitch Lewis OOC this year.
I agree, if we are going, let’s go big. SEN this morning said his likely contract at the Hawks will be around $500’s, I’d like to think 4x $650-675k would create a switch. Not sure he’s gettable but if the hawks fall off and we spike that might help. Much better option than Mcstay and is graded Above Ave or elite in every KPI this year. Only issue is Mcstay is an UFA vs an OOC so likely to cost a first round draft pick. I’d still do it as it’s been our missing piece for awhile now.

Brodie, Wright, Casboult. All these guys were mentioned as potential trade targets for us last year and anyone who did it was chastised within an inch of their life.
It was only the usual self confessed experts who were chastising us for suggesting them, they always end up with egg on their face

Fogarty would be a late 3rounder if that and probably 200k - 250k cheaper.

McStay is listed 1cm taller than Fogarty.

I rather save the $250k a year and try build with a younger player. Also, Fogarty could improve. People are rubbishing him and he’s producing okay stats in a bad team. McStay is producing similar stats playing 3rd fiddle in the 2nd best team.

Fogarty has growth he's not afl fit and slightly overweight needs to trim down a bit, this is why he doesn't get to enough contests and lowers his impact. Has talent and if a club can work on his deficiencies work rate and fitness he could be what we all though pre draft.

Mcstay less risky option you know what you are getting.

I didn’t realise Fogarty was now listed at 194. That’s closer to KP height than I thought he was.

You’re right in that he’s more likely to improve than McStay but I don’t think the crows would let him go for a third.

I’m unsure. I think McStay is too similar to checkers and Kreuger but I think Fogarty is a bit similar to what we have with Henry and AJ as that medium tall.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fogarty doesn't play like either of Henry or AJ.
Fogarty much more physical in his approach.

Henry is 189cm vs 194cm Fogarty.
AJ from little I've seen is an athletic medium tall probably closer to C.Cameron in playstyle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was only the usual self confessed experts who were chastising us for suggesting them, they always end up with egg on their face

I thought Casboult would of been a good option years ago when he was available. Would of won 2018 if we had him for example. Keep McGovern much more honest then Degoey did.

I thought Casboult would of been a good option years ago when he was available. Would of won 2018 if we had him for example. Keep McGovern much more honest then Degoey did.
I thought for virtually nothing we could of picked him up and at least had a lump with strong hands that can help Checkers out. If it didn’t work out you havnt lost a lot.

How good is Will Brodie? I'd never seen him but was assure he was a lazy spud who wouldn't make it.
He’s definitely one that needed to get out of that system! Like Lipinski, Lyons, Clarke, Kennedy etc. sometimes it’s about the coach having faith more than anything else.

FWIW nothing has changed with Brodie. Watching him at VFL level last year he’s just taken that to senior level, but he’s now in the right system to cover his lack of urgency on the defensive side. GC was definitely the wrong environment (until this year).

Get Dom Sheed and play him in the VFL just to be spiteful
Getting Dom Sheed and playing him the AFL wouldn't be the stupidest idea raised on this board. Help us win a premiership and pay back his dues ... seems mutually beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back