List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they paid a future 4th and GC paid some of his salary too. An amazing deal. It’s a tragedy that we weren’t in a position to jump on a deal like that, because he’s streets ahead of Cox and Cameron, and frankly, was a better player than them both back then too. Another victim on GC’s list management incompetence. Imagine him and King in the same forward line, it beggars belief that they got rid of him and then recruited Casboult and Chol.
Wow. I hope at some stage we are in a position to capitalise on other clubs struggles, instead of being the club in trouble.
Right now I suspect the bombers & hawks are still in a far better position to jump on deals like this as well. We consistently pay too much for players who aren't superstars but pay them as if they are.

That was me. In retrospect he would have been an excellent pick-up.
I wasn't a fan either. But as I said before he is so much more a complete forward now. GC didn't even rate him then.
But no doubt I got that one wrong. Hand goes up.

Wow. I hope at some stage we are in a position to capitalise on other clubs struggles, instead of being the club in trouble.
Right now I suspect the bombers & hawks are still in a far better position to jump on deals like this as well. We consistently pay too much for players who aren't superstars but pay them as if they are.
I’m pretty sure our cap is at a level now that will allow us to start grabbing those types. I’d imagine that the Bombers aren’t paying much more for Wright than we are for Lipinski at this point.

I’m pretty sure our cap is at a level now that will allow us to start grabbing those types. I’d imagine that the Bombers aren’t paying much more for Wright than we are for Lipinski at this point.

What a disgusting thought.

There were many times yesterday when Richmond's pressure forced our mids to bomb it long, because they didnt have the time or space to lower their eyes and hit up a target. More often than not those types of kicks don't come off unless you have a big KPF to bomb it to. We desperately need one. Two would be even better.
It’s one of the reasons I detest the shorter
forward set up we’ve seen this year and throughout the Buckley era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think missing Ben Brown again was also a bit of a mistake 🫠

He was exactly what we needed. A tall forward who is excellent on the lead and can kick goals with astonishing accuracy, long range too, that could pinch hit in the ruck. He, Checkers and Kreuger together would have actually made a really balanced and hard to deal with tall trio.
I legitimately could not believe that we didn't go hard for him at the time, I also couldn't believe that Gold Coast were playing Sam Day over him in the first place, extremely short sighted given the age profile of their list. He would have been the perfect combo with King up forward, and it seemed like he was willing to stay up there until they didn't play him for an entire season.

Ah well. Grab two KPFs in the next draft and wait for them to hit their straps. Premiership window opens in 2026 I reckon.

I see Essendon are chasing Rowan Marshall he's the exact type of player we could use

I see Essendon are chasing Rowan Marshall he's the exact type of player we could use
We have far more pressing needs than another ruck, who wouldn’t even consider coming to us when we have Grundy already on the books.

We have far more pressing needs than another ruck, who wouldn’t even consider coming to us when we have Grundy already on the books.

But don't have any Proper Ruck Back-Up

But don't have any Proper Ruck Back-Up
If we want a backup ruckman, we shouldn’t be looking to poach one from another teams best 22. Particularly one who’s top 10 league wide. There are plenty of options for that playing in other teams seconds. Having said that, we actually have a perfectly legitimate backup option in Cox as a first ruck, but our selection committee seem to think playing a rookie forward ruck and a lesser first ruck ahead of him is a better short term option for some reason 🤷🏻

If we want a backup ruckman, we shouldn’t be looking to poach one from another teams best 22. Particularly one who’s top 10 league wide. There are plenty of options for that playing in other teams seconds. Having said that, we actually have a perfectly legitimate backup option in Cox as a first ruck, but our selection committee seem to think playing a rookie forward ruck and a lesser first ruck ahead of him is a better short term option for some reason 🤷🏻

Cox will most likely Retire at Years End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back