List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After noting that Andrew McGrath wanted to put contract talks on hold, I watched him last night with a little bit more interest to try and see where he's at.

At one stage he showed a fair bit of cleanliness and power at a stoppage, then I looked at his stats and noticed he had hardly touched it.

Where's he at with his footy? Averaging 22.6 touches

After noting that Andrew McGrath wanted to put contract talks on hold, I watched him last night with a little bit more interest to try and see where he's at.

At one stage he showed a fair bit of cleanliness and power at a stoppage, then I looked at his stats and noticed he had hardly touched it.

Where's he at with his footy? Averaging 22.6 touches
To expensive and rated internally we better off looking at a unappreciated will Brodie, Jarrad Lyons, Ben keys Hugh Greenwood type

Oh and dealing with Dodo no thanks! Asking price would be both daicos’ and a future first

One thing I felt the Hawks were good at when Wright was there was identifying players with talent from the VFL or other clubs’ reserves and turning them into best 22 players.

what’s Bobby Hill gonna cost us this year ? We got no 2nd rounder and we never get players cheap maybe player welfare and his manager weave some magic. Be nice to have some indigenous Xfactor for a change

Less than he would have last year - in terms of both trade cost and contract. He hasn't developed.

We need to use the mid season draft and take some advantage with the injury to Krueger that’s opened up,
Very important opportunity

If we go after him again I hope he has been just going through the motions and can turn it around. Although that would make me question his character so he can't win, really!
I doubt we'll be as keen as we where last year. Small forward was looking like a desperate, urgent need, but with Ginnivan and Mcreery both coming on quickly, it's less of a need than it was when we were chasing him. I think we need to add another one, but through the draft would be fine.

Although pace is pretty crucial with the style we're trying to play, so chasing him again isn't out of the question.

Last edited:
Let me rephrase… who’s spot in the best 22 does he take?
Don’t think that’s the way to look at it.
He’s proven goal kicker. Has speed, something we lack. Can create a goal out of nothing. Puts pressure on defenders rebounding out our F50.
Maybe he won’t be best 22 every week but competition for spot and selection integrity.
Having said that if the price is to high in terms of trade or salary not saying we need to go all out.

This weeks state league wrap up. These are the guys performing in the twos but not playing seniors. Could be opportunities with those players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s proven goal kicker. Has speed, something we lack. Can create a goal out of nothing. Puts pressure on defenders rebounding out our F50.
Maybe he won’t be best 22 every week but competition for spot and selection integrity.
Having said that if the price is to high in terms of trade or salary not saying we need to go all out.
Might be handy. Just wouldn’t want to be paying too much in a trade or salary. How much better is he to what we already have?

Tom Highmore had a lazy 28 touches in the twos this week. I'll say it again I hope we pursue him at years end. A no brainer for us as a tall defender.
I'd prefer it if he was taller than 193cn. But yeah he'd be handy

Emerson Jeka would be nice. OOC this year.

He's not a proven goalkicker. Kicks goals at a similar rate to Josh Thomas in his final year with us.

We might still be interested due to his pace and potential. We need more pace the way we're trying to play.

goals leaderboard in SANFL
Dan Menzel 22 goals 6 games prob won’t get a look on a list unless it’s with covid Eagles
Then
Liam McBean 18 goals 6 games
Lachlan Hosie 17 goals 6 games
Abe Davis 17 goals 6 games 194cm 24 yrs
Jye Menzie 15 goals 6 games

Menzie and Davis worth a look
If only we would be daring enough to pick up one of those but I can't see Hine doing it
I think people have a tendency to really overrate the SANFL. It's not that good! Jesse White won a club B&F in a premiership year in his last season, aged 31!

Menzel is 30, so obviously too old and he's had too many injury issues. McBean will be 28 in a few months time, so I don't think he's what we should be looking for either. Hosie isn't really a genuine key position size, and North Melbourne hardly played him when he was on their books a couple of years back. Davis is now 26 (not 24), and spent time with Sydney without managing a senior game. Menzie is the only one of those players we perhaps could consider, and he just happens to be the only one who hasn't been on an AFL list! Though he appears to be more of a small forward, and if we were to take one of them it may as well be Sam Fowler, who's already connected to the club.

Would we consider trading our future 1st for another pick this year?
Great Q.

Below is how the draft looks currently, whether we split our 2022 First rounder to 2 picks inside the first round or bring our future 2023 first rounder into this years draft via trade, it will be interesting to see the strategy from Graham Wright, Derek Hine, Fly and Licca.

1652054146619.png

Great Q.

Below is how the draft looks currently, whether we split our 2022 First rounder to 2 picks inside the first round or bring our future 2023 first rounder into this years draft via trade, it will be interesting to see the strategy from Graham Wright, Derek Hine, Fly and Licca.

View attachment 1396027

Great graph.

Annoying that the Suns and Demons are in an even better to trade with Brisbane for their first than us.

23 goals from 27 matches exclusively from a forward pocked does not make a proven goalkicker. Hill is exciting to watch but i fear just too small and light to really become a long-term AFL threat. Would probably be comparatively costly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back