List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Membrey is good, proven AFL level backup. A more certain option than Hayes.

He'll be able to cover McStay or Mihocek, but only as a secondary forward, though his best position is as third "tall", not sure he'll crack the team for that role unless Cox was injured (or one or two smalls) and we played either McStay or Frampton as second ruck.

Unless we’re not planning on resting a ruck forward with a potential switch to 5 on the bench

Would possibly be our best "tall" offensively. If we can fit him in the team, he'd be dangerous as a third tall in the role Reef and AJ rarely got to play. Otherwise he's solid backup either for a tall or small.

Doesn't have the flexibility to backup as a primary tall target or ruck, but with Richards gone and Harrison injured, it's helpful to have another medium who can backup a small forward as well as a tall.

Would possibly be our best "tall" offensively. If we can fit him in the team, he'd be dangerous as a third tall in the role Reef and AJ rarely got to play. Otherwise he's solid backup either for a tall or small.

Doesn't have the flexibility to backup as a primary tall target or ruck, but with Richards gone and Harrison injured, it's helpful to have another medium who can backup a small forward as well as a tall.
I imagine his role would be what WHE plays?

You got to dig a little deeper and look at the quality of players under 25.
Green is players above average for their age, yellow is where they should be and red is for poor players

Quaynor (24) - Was really poor in 2024, okay role player overall

Hill (24) - Good small forward, brilliant some weeks, quiet other ones.

Mcreery (23) Decent role player
Dean (23) Might make it as an okay tall defender

Macrae (22) Really poor player
Parker (22) Might be a decent player, physically a bit of a worry.
Mcinnes (21) almost got delisted

Daicos - Superstar

Long - Poor player
Steene - Too early to say
Harrison - Gonna struggle to make it with a 12 month ACL

Allan - Shows promise

Ryan - Been mediocre at VFL level
Jiath/Smit/Demattia - Too early to comment.

If you were to compare that to most other teams in the AFL, we're a long way behind. Nick Daicos is the only one stopping us from coming virtually dead last in talent under 25.

Hopefully we can do the Geelong method and keep adding stars every year to keep us in contention, if not then there's a massive rebound coming.

This. Exactly.

Seems like a player that had a lot of potential but never  really lived up to it. Maybe that had something to do with playing for shit teams. Got him for nothing and will be handy depth if nothing else.

His playstyle always reminded me of a slightly taller, less talented Jamie Elliott in that he's strong overhead with a good leap.

Last edited:
Has been pretty resilient, although last year wasnt too good. He's had those mental health issues, but he played most of this season. Make him read the game-day threads and that should sort out his issues.
Mental health issues, what better club to play for than Collingwood! Our supporters aren't harsh on our players at all.

Forgetting the one premiership medallion hanging around one of their necks … that’s not a bad stat 😉
Whilst he has deficiencies, I like Billy in the team and think his ruckwork during the 2023 season went undervalued when Darcy and Cox went down. In saying all that I hope we get Tomlinson as an insurance policy. 2025 the year of the Pie ✊🏾

If Dean is on the list, I actually think he’s make a better defender than both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think something we'll appreciate in Membrey is his work rate - more so that it gives us the luxury of not needing to overwork a Mcstay or Mihocek around the ground, and keeping one as a deepest forward.

In particular Checkers works so hard up and down the ground, having another guy that can chop him out will help preserve him and allow him to spend some time closer to goal which will only help him imo.

Perryman and Schultz watching us recruit Tim Membrey

Denzel Washington Reaction GIF
the whipping boy thread for 2025 is gonna be gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back