List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually really prefer when we go with this sort of set up i50. We have so many dangerous players at a forward 50 stoppage, JDG, Elliott, Nick, Bobby, Beau - having McStay take that forward stoppage and a bit of extra room in there for these guys to get to work could be extremely damaging.

And you're right - the added benefit of having one of the rucks, particularly DC14 who's marking and reading of the play has improved rapidly in the last 12-18 months, as a wall to lock it in our F50 makes it harder for teams to pick their way out of our forward line and kill us on transition

It's always worked really effectively for Melbourne when Gawn does the same thing

It's Checkers. He's going to hit contests hard and work his arse off putting his body on the line with repeat efforts regardless of who is in the team beside him. I don't think his tall partner is going to make much of a difference in terms of how many blows he cops.
Checkers isn’t going to stop puttin his body on the line but he’ll be targeted less going forward and cop less double teams.

It's always worked really effectively for Melbourne when Gawn does the same thing
It was one of the reasons why Hawkins was so valuable. They could camp their ruck to lock it in and Hawkins was the most dangerous forward 50 ruck in the league.

Problem for is that McStay isn't dangerous in the ruck, so you want a proper ruckman creating opportunities for our smalls who are so dangerous at forward 50 stoppage.

It was one of the reasons why Hawkins was so valuable. They could camp their ruck to lock it in and Hawkins was the most dangerous forward 50 ruck in the league.

Problem for is that McStay isn't dangerous in the ruck, so you want a proper ruckman creating opportunities for our smalls who are so dangerous at forward 50 stoppage.

Fair enough.

Though personally I would back McStay to at least create enough of a contest to provide the smalls a window big enough to make something work

Particularly if we can really hone in on some forward stoppage strategies designed around that scenario

Reckon the Dan acquisition (particularly via Nick) will really help lure LDU across next year

I'd be very surprised if they're not already in his ear

Membrey won't become official until November, so TD will have time to get the thread Mickey Mouse.

He actually isn't a DFA due to St Kilda - they offered him a contract. He's a DFA because Sydney delisted him a decade ago, and you retain that DFA status if you come out of contract again.
"Not as much to come"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon the Dan acquisition (particularly via Nick) will really help lure LDU across next year

I'd be very surprised if they're not already in his ear
Every club with cap room will be making him monster offers that we’d be unlikely to be able to match.

Richards is the one imo, suits our style of play more too with his speed and agility.

Membrey won't become official until November, so TD will have time to get the thread Mickey Mouse.

He actually isn't a DFA due to St Kilda - they offered him a contract. He's a DFA because Sydney delisted him a decade ago, and you retain that DFA status if you come out of contract again.

Finally makes sense - St Kilda didn’t just let him go

He'd have been a UFA anyway, as he's been at St Kilda for 10 seasons now.
UFA’s can only move within the free agency period though which is over now I think. Only DFA’s can be picked up now and not until November 1st.

Every club with cap room will be making him monster offers that we’d be unlikely to be able to match.

Richards is the one imo, suits our style of play more too with his speed and agility.

I'm confident we'll get him

I reckon we'll have more than enough cap to get them both in (assuming we even have interest in Richards)

I'd love Richards I just have no idea if we have interest in him and I also don't see why he wouldn't re-sign with the Dogs?

As of yesterday I was of the understanding he has not (and his actions suggest will not) be offered a contract by the Saints. Has this changed?

I'm confident we'll get him

I reckon we'll have more than enough cap to get them both in (assuming we even have interest in Richards)

I'd love Richards I just have no idea if we have interest in him and I also don't see why he wouldn't re-sign with the Dogs?
I can't see it myself. We'll need to spend salary cap on poaching a tall. Daicos and JDG make LDU a bit too exceesive in terms of the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back