Preview Collingwood v Bulldogs - Round 1, 2021 - Fri @7:50

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone tipping the Dogs to beat the Pies. They must've forgotten Round 1 last year.

View attachment 1080709

Forget the Grundy smashing English. My memory of last year was how well they moved the ball around whilst everything we did was chaotic.

With the new rules, it only helps those styles with precise ball skills. Happy to be proven wrong but it’s a big ask to adapt to that for a handball-happy team. Less rotations and more fatigue is against our hectic style battling for smooth entries.

The only thing that may benefit us is the fatigue where the opponents won’t be able to flood back as much whilst we take an eternity to get it inside 50

Well is a stretch, he played well relative to his earlier games which were very very bad. I still don’t believe he’s played a good game. Just an improvement on what he’s done in the past which is still not enough.

tbh I think you push the point that he’s played better than he has more than anyone else pushes the opposite
You just hear me say it a lot because I call it out. Gardner played a very good game against West Coast last year, did you miss that?

Can't wait until the game is over and we've:
<won / lost>,
so I can
<praise / abuse>
Bevo for his
<brilliant / idiotic>
team selections and tactics, and acknowledge the efforts of everyone's
<favourite / most-despised>
player Josh Dunkley on his efforts as a
<bullocking mid / pinch-hitting ruck and half-forward>,
and the critical
<improved / unchanged>
accuracy in front of goal, which has triggered the BF
<upswing / meltdown>.

Vive le tricoleurs!

Its the hokey pokey ...

I find this to be a really strange take because I feel the exact opposite way. I'd trust Williams over anyone (except maybe Bont) in our side to win a genuine one-on-one with someone under 195cm. I'm pretty sure that statistically Williams is elite with how rarely he loses a one-on-one. Maybe Oliver Gigacz can shed some light on this.

From what I could find for 2019-2020 Williams had 30 direct one on one contests winning 7, losing 16 and 7 being neutral. His opponents kicked 34 goals during that period with an average of 1.3 per game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just hear me say it a lot because I call it out. Gardner played a very good game against West Coast last year, did you miss that?
I don't like to put down any of our players but am baffled at how people could say he has done well. Then again, it seems Bev agrees with you! :drunk:

In that game he had 7 possies and gave away 3 frees, rated in the bottom few in SC and AFL fantasy points

Heading to the G from the city. Good vibe and a good amount of Dogs fans heading in.

🗨

On my way in an Uber. Surcharge city tonight, the credit card will take a nice hit. Can I get a $2 pie for my dinner? :)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Collingwood v Bulldogs - Round 1, 2021 - Fri @7:50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back