Collingwood vs Carlton Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think any loss for Carlton regardless of the score isn't good enough. A stated fact that a final win is needed this year and they've made a plan to win 2 out of the next 5 flags! Collingwood perpetually played good against top sides, had our chance to win and never did. It wasn't until we won against St Kilda and Geelong that the belief and respect came. They've been 'coming' for a long time and there's no point playing for second.

Collingwood will be substantially better at the end of the year than round 3.

As I mentioned over in the Magpies Nest threads, this is the 3 week old miniPointers first blockbuster.

Live on Main Event. :thumbsu:

Smash those pretenders, Pies. Keep the little guy on a 100% record. :D

I hope Carlton die.
Nah, I don't want them to die, if they died now, we would forever be stuck with an inferior win/loss record against them (stands at minus 9 at the moment).

Plus it's so much fun beating them.;)

It is great to have the spotlight back on the only 2 teams that really matter in the AFL
Enjoy unfurling the flag-you deserve to celebrate after a great 2010
Lets hope the game does live up to the hype of a blockbuster and Carton can put in a solid performance against an obviously awesome side Eddie/Mick have built.
Collingwood are favourites for a reason and it is a tall ask to get any where near you but the challenge is there for the Blues tonight
Enjoy the night and may the best team win

Thanks. Good luck.

Hope its a good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to this game. Who am I directing my completely irrational but wholeheartedly felt anger towards this week? Oh yeah, CARLOLTON.

Looking forward to belting them tonight.

I expect to be behind at half time, and to win by 37 points.

Predictions:

-Blair sub, but will dominate when he comes on when the games over in the last term.
-Krakouer 4 goals, 5 clearances.
-Wellingham on Judd, Judd winning the contest with 27 touches, half contested.
-Davis to star across half back
-Toovey to blanket Garlett
-Pendlebury BOG
-Dawes to have 20 touches, 2 goals.

BOOKMARK IT

Really getting fired up for this one tonight. Unfortunately can't be there but will defs be watching with beer in hand.

As I said elsewhere: Two things will unravel tonight. The premiership flag and the Carlton Football Club! :thumbsu:

Be interesting how the Team Responds to all this Hype about tonigh.

We could come out and Play Super Hard and Destroy CARLTON or they come out with big heads and get a massive scare or even lose

Looking forward to this game. Who am I directing my completely irrational but wholeheartedly felt anger towards this week? Oh yeah, CARLOLTON.

Looking forward to belting them tonight.

I expect to be behind at half time, and to win by 37 points.

Predictions:

-Blair sub, but will dominate when he comes on when the games over in the last term.
-Krakouer 4 goals, 5 clearances.
-Wellingham on Judd, Judd winning the contest with 27 touches, half contested.
-Davis to star across half back
-Toovey to blanket Garlett
-Pendlebury BOG
-Dawes to have 20 touches, 2 goals.

BOOKMARK IT

I just wet myself!

Be interesting how the Team Responds to all this Hype about tonigh.

We could come out and Play Super Hard and Destroy CARLTON or they come out with big heads and get a massive scare or even lose

If Maxys comments during the week are anything to go by we are treating it just like any other game. He made mention about how the rivalry means more to the fans and doesn't really permeate to the playing group.

If Maxys comments during the week are anything to go by we are treating it just like any other game. He made mention about how the rivalry means more to the fans and doesn't really permeate to the playing group.
I actually love the "just a normal game" comments, because to put it simply, if we play "normally" we win, there's almost no doubt about that whatsoever.

Tonight has nothing to do with how Carlton plays, our best, or anything near our best equals a win, so if we are treating it like just another game, we should respond well, and win quite easily.

You have to remember the 2nd last game we didn't treat as a "normal" game, the drawn Grand Final, we played quite poorly for large sections of the game.

So, play normal tonight boys, it will almost certainly guarantee you of a comfortable win.:)

I think any loss for Carlton regardless of the score isn't good enough. A stated fact that a final win is needed this year and they've made a plan to win 2 out of the next 5 flags! Collingwood perpetually played good against top sides, had our chance to win and never did. It wasn't until we won against St Kilda and Geelong that the belief and respect came. They've been 'coming' for a long time and there's no point playing for second.

Collingwood will be substantially better at the end of the year than round 3.
Agree... it's pissing me off seeing Carlton fans and media personalities throwing away the "if Carlton come within xxx points, they should consider it a win"... absolute garbage... only a Win will do... anything less is a loss...

If we don't beat Collingwood, it means we are behind Collingwood and that will never sit well with me, even after the last 10 years...

Nothing beats Carlton v Collingwood.

Nothing.

Totally pumped.

I have to agree, there is no rivalry in domestic Australian Sport, let alone the AFL that comes close.

It's built up over a century of battles, through stories passed down from generation, through to the modern day way of getting information (the internet;)).

It's the true rivalry, and the fact we are unfurling our flag tonight, and both sides are 2-0 to start the season, this surely has to be the biggest Collingwood vs Carlton game in at least 10 years.:)

I have to agree, there is no rivalry in domestic Australian Sport, let alone the AFL that comes close.

It's built up over a century of battles, through stories passed down from generation, through to the modern day way of getting information (the internet;)).

It's the true rivalry, and the fact we are unfurling our flag tonight, and both sides are 2-0 to start the season, this surely has to be the biggest Collingwood vs Carlton game in at least 10 years.:)

QLD v NSW in Rugby League would come pretty close, but I agree generally, it's a huge rivalry, can't wait for tonight. BRING ON 7:50pm.

QLD v NSW in Rugby League would come pretty close, but I agree generally, it's a huge rivalry, can't wait for tonight. BRING ON 7:50pm.
Yeah true, but you can't really count state games, it's not really a proper part of a competition, even though it is the highlight of that games season.

Bit windy tonight, 35-45 kph winds, plenty of gusts to get that flag flowing freely.;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back