Toast Collingwood worth $150 million

Remove this Banner Ad

That's amazing! We Are truly a powerhouse club as far as Australian sport is concerned. GO PIES!

I have to admit to being an ardent capitalist, but at what point does the club have too much?

Maybe it's time to start freezing membership prices for a few years.

We still have a pretty big debt on the facilities just built. Should be about 2-3 years away from covering that and then you would be right to ask for a freeze. What will be interesting is if we get to the point where we can't fit all members in to games due to too many members. Not sure how far off that might be, but most clubs worldwide in that position push membership / ticket pricing way up. Or maybe we just rebuild the MCG to hold 140,000!!!

We still have a pretty big debt on the facilities just built. Should be about 2-3 years away from covering that and then you would be right to ask for a freeze. What will be interesting is if we get to the point where we can't fit all members in to games due to too many members. Not sure how far off that might be, but most clubs worldwide in that position push membership / ticket pricing way up. Or maybe we just rebuild the MCG to hold 140,000!!!

Ok, I thought $150 mullion was our net worth.

I was just questioning because I intend to win lotto twice this week, and I thought I might donate a small percentage of my $80,000,000 to the club, now I may have to demand a life membership too!

Maybe. Thought I read somewhere we had the next two years of development of the Westpac Centre to cover. Maybe the work hasn't taken place yet ( sorry - based in Sydney so don't get to go past too often) and its simply the commitment to fund future work rather than debt or maybe I've completely misread it!!

Maybe. Thought I read somewhere we had the next two years of development of the Westpac Centre to cover. Maybe the work hasn't taken place yet ( sorry - based in Sydney so don't get to go past too often) and its simply the commitment to fund future work rather than debt or maybe I've completely misread it!!

Work on the new Community Centre has not started yet, will be built at Olympic Park over next 1-2 years, south side of oval.

What happened to the new social club facilities that Eddie mentioned briefly at the Copeland trophy?We haven't heard anything about them since that night.Are they going to be included in the new community facilities that are going to be built in the next two years?

Pies are worth $150 million or thereabouts according to BRW. If you ever needed convincing that we are a powerhouse in the league, state and country I think this should do it. Shows what a remarkable effort the off-field guys have put in for so long.
BRW?
Either we have lost $200million in value the last year or two or all these lists are simply bone stroking.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/collingwo...-footy-club-to-344m-giant-20110903-1jrc2.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have debt? Haven't looked at the financials recently, but the chairman of our finance committee (Mark Korda) says we are debt free. http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/collingwood-announce-operating-profit.1042341/

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Link to current financials and thread discussing them can be found here ... Collingwood announce operating profit

I don't trust the financials there are just too many extras added in like the Government Grants for the building works for a building owned by the Government.

We don't own Olympic Park and we can't put any real black and white stamp on the building but we can sign it up with Sponsor signs how does that work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Collingwood worth $150 million

Remove this Banner Ad

Back