Cometti's views on 7 Sport....

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah good come back - how clever of you.

Anyone will back me up in saying I've never got personal with any poster before and it was only because you got personal with IP that I did in the first place.

I'm sorry you can't handle the backlash friend but don't attack someone's intellect if yours isn't up to scratch in the first place.

As for the comment about your genitalia, you're the only one consistently coming into Freo threads and stating idiotic, d*ckhead comments, so I'm afraid it had to be considered as it obviously makes you feel big and important to prattle off recycled pointless diatribe toward OUR team.

If you actually posted something legitimate and constructive I'd get off your case.

But even if we waited 20 years that wouldn't happen.
Oh relax big fella. I'm just rattling your cage

Actually that's not what I said in my post. You should go back and read it again, only this time read what it actually says not what you think it says. I said I would check back in 10 years time to see if your club had made any progress on the things I mentioned (good luck with those btw). I don't recall saying I wouldn't be back to talk about other things in the meantime. There is a difference, although I accept that perhaps the difference is too subtle for someone of your intellect to comprehend.:D

How mature of you. Are you still in Kindy or High School? It's sad that getting personal seems to be the only way you can express yourself on these boards. That suggests to me that you may have some inadequacies yourself that you are trying to hide. Your obsession with male genitalia gives the game away I'm afraid.

pot...kettle...black?:rolleyes:

Not wanting to stick my nose in where it is not appreciated, but I'd like to talk about Des Headland.

I notice alot of your posters feel that he is as good at your club as he was during 2002 at the Lions?

Any substance to this? He definately shows signs of pulling it all together and finishing in the top 6 of the Brownlow, but his consistency is still somewhat lacking in my opinion.

He can be a bit of a barometer for your team, as when he is in full flight, he tends to drag many players with him and it can be a delight to watch. But there are times that you just wish he'd lift his workrate and impose himself more often, maybe its just me, but I still just think you've probably only seen 80-85% of what Des ever offered for us.

I am in no way saying that he is a crap player or anything, in fact, I disagree with that sentiment. I just feel that he is frustratingly close to knocking down the door and becoming elite, but he is just not quite there yet.

Not wanting to stick my nose in where it is not appreciated, but I'd like to talk about Des Headland.

I notice alot of your posters feel that he is as good at your club as he was during 2002 at the Lions?

Any substance to this? He definately shows signs of pulling it all together and finishing in the top 6 of the Brownlow, but his consistency is still somewhat lacking in my opinion.

He can be a bit of a barometer for your team, as when he is in full flight, he tends to drag many players with him and it can be a delight to watch. But there are times that you just wish he'd lift his workrate and impose himself more often, maybe its just me, but I still just think you've probably only seen 80-85% of what Des ever offered for us.

I am in no way saying that he is a crap player or anything, in fact, I disagree with that sentiment. I just feel that he is frustratingly close to knocking down the door and becoming elite, but he is just not quite there yet.

I agree with what you're saying, but you gotta remember the quality of the Lions team in 2002, he got a free run at it with the likes of Voss, Lappin, Aker, Black, getting all the attention. He needs to show more consistency but it is kind of unfair to forever compare his form to 2002.

I agree with what you're saying, but you gotta remember the quality of the Lions team in 2002, he got a free run at it with the likes of Voss, Lappin, Aker, Black, getting all the attention. He needs to show more consistency but it is kind of unfair to forever compare his form to 2002.

Undoubtedly, and it will forever hinder him in the minds of many. It is unfair to judge totally in comparison to that stellar season.

But given the huge potential he had and what he had shown up until that day, I still think he is short of what he should have achieved, and whilst I agree its unfair to suggest he has gone backwards, I wouldn't be immediately saying he has kept the status quo either.

For mine he has slightly gone backwards, but I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong this season.

Undoubtedly, and it will forever hinder him in the minds of many. It is unfair to judge totally in comparison to that stellar season.

But given the huge potential he had and what he had shown up until that day, I still think he is short of what he should have achieved, and whilst I agree its unfair to suggest he has gone backwards, I wouldn't be immediately saying he has kept the status quo either.

For mine he has slightly gone backwards, but I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong this season.

Where's kapow?

Started very, very well this year but keeps getting bagged by people who don't watch the games closely enough

It's one thing to start a season well. Over his 5 seasons (this being his 6th) with the Dockers, he has had his fair share of tremendous games, and even some dazzling runs of form.

I don't know, perhaps I judge Des too hard, but I had him marked as an elite footballer, who'd be a Top 10 footballer for a fair few seasons. Possibly I expected too much. Maybe thats because he had the one huge season while sharing a midfield with the Fab Five. But if thats the case, then surely you as supporters would expect him to either blossom into something even bigger and better, or expect the rest of the midfielders to lift to make life easier for him.

It's one thing to start a season well. Over his 5 seasons (this being his 6th) with the Dockers, he has had his fair share of tremendous games, and even some dazzling runs of form.

I don't know, perhaps I judge Des too hard, but I had him marked as an elite footballer, who'd be a Top 10 footballer for a fair few seasons. Possibly I expected too much. Maybe thats because he had the one huge season while sharing a midfield with the Fab Five. But if thats the case, then surely you as supporters would expect him to either blossom into something even bigger and better, or expect the rest of the midfielders to lift to make life easier for him.

Was playing quite well last year too.
Can only keep doing what he's doing. Over 50 possession in 2 weeks :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was playing quite well last year too.
Can only keep doing what he's doing. Over 50 possession in 2 weeks :thumbsu:

For sure, he could have his best season yet this season hopefully, I will always be a hard marker on ex-Lions players. I think it would be disappointing for the entire comp if we didn't see Des improve on what he showed at the Lions.

I'd like to think that Commetti was much better at channel 9....

but he's been pretty shit now for a few years.

His best work was at the ABC.

He needs to get back to the basics and do what he does best, calling the game.

You'd have to satart questioning the recruitment policies of these commercial networks. :)

After all, how many ex-ABC journalists and commentators have improved since they went commercial?

I can't even think of two or three.

i see that dennis has now bagged us for not trading murphy last year

i would bet my life on the fact that had we done that he would have bagged us for getting rid of him

Hmm who would have thunked it, a mob of Docker ferals whinging about Cometti's commentary.

It was and still is - superb.

You obviously have very low standards. Yes he WAS superb, but has been on the slide for a number of years.

Once he left Aunty for the pot of money at 7, the slide began.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cometti's views on 7 Sport....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back