Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

.............and don't get me started on that ridiculous ******* statue.

Its a great statue. Regardless of who it is or what the politics are its brilliant - athletic, an iconic image and sums up what kicking a footy properly can look like.

If you sat it on its own in a town square without any knowledge of the politics around women's footy people would think it looked great.

Yeah it’s a good statue. you can read a lot into art and it will mean something different to everyone. They’re here and they deserve their comp.

My daughter is 3 and we’ve watch some men’s games on the tv and some women’s games on the tv. She likes yelling out Go North no matter which of the teams are playing. I’m glad she can follow both teams. It’s a good time for her start enjoying footy.

My little man is 18 months old. He loves yelling ball! He doesn’t get what’s going on. But he will do, and he’ll grow up with two teams just like his sister. It’s good for him as well.

Go North!

I don't get the angst about the statue. Does she deserve it? Probably not. But it's a piece of art, commissioned and paid for by NAB. If NAB wants to use their money to build an art installation, why can't they?

I don't get the angst about the statue. Does she deserve it? Probably not. But it's a piece of art, commissioned and paid for by NAB. If NAB wants to use their money to build an art installation, why can't they?
Agree. Call it virtual signalling or whatever you like but private money so they can do what they like. Have had the pleasure of meeting Tayla and she is a very impressive person.

Agree. Call it virtual signalling or whatever you like but private money so they can do what they like. Have had the pleasure of meeting Tayla and she is a very impressive person.

Tend to agree. I would have a real problem with it if it was placed at the MCG or EtiMarvel, but being in Fed Square as part of the colour of Melbourne at finals time - no issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'd still be playing in front of 10 people if taxpayers money didn't buy them a front row seat at AFL house.

.............and don't get me started on that ridiculous ******* statue.

When will they start charging people to attend?

When will the first lesbian 'grooming' case be made public?

I'd have preferred a statue of Steph Gilmore, Sam Kerr or Elise Perry, you know Australia's greatest and most deserving current female athletes. Even Cambage or Barty.

When will they start charging people to attend?

When will the first lesbian 'grooming' case be made public?

I'd have preferred a statue of Steph Gilmore, Sam Kerr or Elise Perry, you know Australia's greatest and most deserving current female athletes. Even Cambage or Barty.

Sally Pearson misses out by a month and a half.

I don't get the angst about the statue. Does she deserve it? Probably not. But it's a piece of art, commissioned and paid for by NAB. If NAB wants to use money they ripped off their customers to build an art installation, why can't they?
FTFY

Not angst. Probably just sick and tired of them pushing the importance of the statue when not many of us really give a shit lol

She’s done barely anything? Played like 22 games? (I don’t know the facts) but someone took a photo right when she was kicking a footy? Quick, make a statue?

If the backlash over keyboard warriors making dumb comments in regards to the photo (there are shit people out there) warranted NAB or whoever to spend money to make a statue about it, then that’s even more ridiculous.

Again this is only my opinion, I couldn’t care less about it but in saying that this whole “outrage” movement is out of hand hahaha

well it's in a public place for one.

Sure, but I don't think that's what bothers people. People are saying she doesn't deserve it after only a handful of games. I'd 100% agree - if it was an official statue at the MCG.

But it's not. It's a privately commissioned piece of art on display. I could get a statue made of myself, if I wanted to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back