Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She doesn't deserve it because she's in no way even approaching the status of a person who is deserving of such a thing.

I'm quite sure that she's a nice young lady, but she's also clearly a very gullible person who has allowed herself to become a puppet for other interests to facilitate contrived political iconography.

Why do you assume this stuff all the time? That whenever someone does something like that they are simply being manipulated andare too gullible to see it. She might be playing along cos lets face it having a statue in Fed Square would be pretty bloody awesome whether I deserved it or not.

There are plenty of ****wits with statues in Australia. Does one more matter?

Don’t let it get to you champ, it’s only a statue that you don’t have to visit or ever look at.
Firstly it's childish to resort to calling someone 'champ' on an internet forum. Your attempt to infer some sort of inferiority by using derogative terms is quite pathetic. Try and converse with someone normally.

Secondly it hasn't gotten to me. There is a discussion here in this very thread about it and I have expressed my opinion. That's it. Just because I think something is stupid and that banks should be directing their social pursuits and purse towards more worthy causes it doesn't mean I have any great interest in it.

Why do you assume this stuff all the time? That whenever someone does something like that they are simply being manipulated andare too gullible to see it. She might be playing along cos lets face it having a statue in Fed Square would be pretty bloody awesome whether I deserved it or not.

There are plenty of *******s with statues in Australia. Does one more matter?

She has been interviewed and has admitted that her football career is not deserving of a statue, however, she realises that image has become meaningful for many people and she has no issue with that.

The fact you can't look at a piece of art with an open mind just shows how ignorant you are. I'm guessing you both would have preferred da Vinci painted someone a little more famous than Lisa del Giocondo.

I like Aboriginal Art painted by women.

I have some cool shit in my house mate. I even have some raunchy half sexual stuff my Mrs bought, but I don't appreciate it like you. To me it's just a bigger insurance bill and money I could have spent on physical silver.

I don't have daughters or a feminazi wife who make me care about this shit. Masculinity is welcomed, men to do men shit and women to look their best and be feminine - the South American way. My wife wouldn't be caught dead drinking beer or adding weight to her shoulders. Her focus is on the kids and her ass and I'd say her ass is more important to her than the kids, but hey, we make do.

When they get knocked out of Miss World contests, she rants and raves about conspiracies like we would playing WCE in Perth with Margetts umpiring. Shouting something about the Asian woman, and there is no way that the skinny Asian woman could ever be as attractive as a Paisa.

I've learnt not to argue.

I've lived the life with feminazi lefty always outraged and I'd rather be dead than have to be subjected to that nonsense.

Sorry of its important to you, I believe in no violence against women and being respectful just don't appreciate unwarranted statue giving and being told how to think.

Last edited:
Who commissioned the thing?
Where did that money come from?
Who facilitated the thing getting placed in the city square?

People are monumentally gullible if they believe some well meaning man just decided to whip the thing up in his garage, then backed up his ute and plonked it in the city square, hung about to take a few snaps, then took off in to the horizon.

Last I heard the going price for a life size bronze statue was in the order of ~ $200K!

All because someone got bullied on the internet? Hilarious. Can I sell anyone a bridge?

I like Aboriginal Art painted by women.

I have some cool s**t in my house mate. I even have some raunchy half sexual stuff my Mrs bought, but I don't appreciate it like you. To me it's just a bigger insurance bill and money I could have spent on physical silver.

I don't have daughters or a feminazi wife who make me care about this s**t. Masculinity is welcomed, men to do men s**t and women to look their best and be feminine - the South American way. My wife wouldn't be caught dead drinking beer or adding weight to her shoulders. Her focus is on the kids and her ass and I'd say her ass is more important to her than the kids, but hey, we make do.

When they get knocked out of Miss World contests, she rants and raves about conspiracies like we would playing WCE in Perth with Margetts umpiring. Shouting something about the Asian woman, and there is no way that the skinny Asian woman could ever be as attractive as a Paisa.

I've learnt not to argue.

I've lived the life with feminazi lefty always outraged and I'd rather be dead than have to be subjected to that nonsense.

Sorry of its important to you, I believe in no violence against women and being respectful just don't appreciate unwarranted statue giving and being told how to think.

How come you are quoting me saying that?

I hope you brought the silver in 2006. When it was 5 bucks an ounce.

Firstly it's childish to resort to calling someone 'champ' on an internet forum. Your attempt to infer some sort of inferiority by using derogative terms is quite pathetic. Try and converse with someone normally.

Secondly it hasn't gotten to me. There is a discussion here in this very thread about it and I have expressed my opinion. That's it. Just because I think something is stupid and that banks should be directing their social pursuits and purse towards more worthy causes it doesn't mean I have any great interest in it.

Ok, champ...xxx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come you are quoting me saying that?

I hope you brought the silver in 2006. When it was 5 bucks an ounce.

Sorry mate, fixed.

Nah not that low, but probably will get to $100 per Oz, maybe more. Never been a bigger discrepancy in gold to silver price in history. Also Platinum is very low.

I don't know, I'm a young female but I had no idea who she was at first, I saw the pic and thought it was a f****** cool looking kick, weird as but graceful. For me the statue was about the pure art of the moment rather than who did it but what do I know 😊
A lot more than other “intellectual football” people on here.

I don't know, I'm a young female but I had no idea who she was at first, I saw the pic and thought it was a f****** cool looking kick, weird as but graceful. For me the statue was about the pure art of the moment rather than who did it but what do I know 😊
MODS! There's a girl here! On a football thread!!!! 😡😡😡😡

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back