Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our lack of Free to Air games is more detrimental to membership than anything else

Trickle down economics has never been beneficial to those on the bottom of the food chain.

Yeah, we might get some financial compensation from the AFL to try and make up for lost revenue form bias draws, lack of TV rights and the inability to grow our membership from general media exposure but those funds only allows us to exist and not to get ahead.

Then to top it off, the Caro's of this world continually refer to us as an AFL financially assisted club.

Last edited:
Whilst AFL have numerous ways to pressure us or other teams into relocation or expulsion from the league.

I reckon we will see more teams - maybe 22 in the end. Which would suit the fixture.

Then they can potentially lower list sizes and even reduce numbers on the field to 16 to maintain the quality of the comp whilst achieving true national saturation.

Whilst AFL have numerous ways to pressure us or other teams into relocation or expulsion from the league.

I reckon we will see more teams - maybe 22 in the end. Which would suit the fixture.

Then they can potentially lower list sizes and even reduce numbers on the field to 16 to maintain the quality of the comp whilst achieving true national saturation.

I will have retired to basketball and local football by then.

It's jerky and poor definition. Had the Kayo rd's. 1 & 2. Ended up watching on my phone.
Its better with a MHL cable. But still 720lines. And not a lot of devices support it anymore. You also have to commence the stream b4 you connect to fool the app into releasing the decription key. It is a bit flakey as well.

Men and violence?

Ingrained evolutionary behaviors that are generally detrimental in a contemporary setting.

Hypergamy 101.

This unfortunate women is pining for her perceived loss in social status, first facilitated by her choice of mate, and which is now threatened to be reduced or removed by their separation, so she's utilising a media platform as an alternative to maintain her position. This is a devastating event for a woman like this. The chances of her selecting a future partner based upon a high public profile are high.

An applicable male trait would be violence.

There’s a whole page of posts on this somewhere on BF about this. There was one or two that worked away around it but most it was a dismal failure
You can find a mate with foxtel, set up a phone on a tripod and live stream the game to your phone, and using chromecast, you can then cast to your telly.

I’m looking forward to when we can go watch a game in a pub again.
Catch up with family & friends, watch the footy, have a few beers and a pub meal ... fingers crossed for next season.

Used to go to watch a few interstate games at the old social club. $20 ? Trivia at 1/2 time. Not a bad set-up. Robbie Smith still running the joint.

Used to go to watch a few interstate games at the old social club. $20 ? Trivia at 1/2 time. Not a bad set-up. Robbie Smith still running the joint.
Vale Robbie. Good friend, great North Melbourne man, major support of WANM - right up there with the help we received from Ron Joseph.

It's jerky and poor definition. Had the Kayo rd's. 1 & 2. Ended up watching on my phone.
Had the sound cut out mid game on Kayo. Got in touch with them, "oh, your tv is too old". Ditched Kayo.

Had the sound cut out mid game on Kayo. Got in touch with them, "oh, your tv is too old". Ditched Kayo.
I sacked Kayo as well after having continual buffering issues. It had worked fine the previous year and all other streaming works well. They offered a few ineffectual suggestions but little else. Strange thing was that I could watch the replay without problems but not live. Didn’t watch too many replays this year though 😬

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sacked Kayo as well after having continual buffering issues. It had worked fine the previous year and all other streaming works well. They offered a few ineffectual suggestions but little else. Strange thing was that I could watch the replay without problems but not live. Didn’t watch too many replays this year though 😬

Your last line has reminded me of the good old days when we could go to a game, enjoy a win and then come home and watch the replay in a relaxed state. I miss those days! Hard to believe it was only last year.

I just saw the promo for Footy Classified and Carro stated ‘more drama at the Roos’. I wouldn’t imagine you would describe the potential coaching situation as ‘drama’ so I wonder what else it could be! Boy oh boy.

Yeah I saw they offered Kayo through Samsung TV this year, so tried to sign up through it but found my 4 year old TV was too old...
My tele is about 8 months old though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back