Opinion Commentary & Media VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20230421_205334_Chrome.jpg

This kinda garbage annoys the hell out of me. "Final straw" implies that JHF gave North any chance to convince him to stay and they blew it.

Without a doubt JHF and Ben Williams saw the Clarko investigation as a convenient excuse to put in a trade request. He was always going, and they were just waiting for a chance like this to minimize the blowback.

Nice quote from Sonja and fair overall, but his repeating the key message that leaving for Port after a year was a “courageous decision” really grates. Everyone in footy gets that it’s tough for young players going to clubs that aren’t performing well - which is what the draft ensures every year - and everyone respects the courage it takes to stick it out and contribute and make it work. This attempt to reframe the move won’t work, because there is no reality in which going home to a mid-ranked team for a long lucrative contract is braver than putting your talents towards turning round a bottom team. And that’s not even accounting for breaking your very first two-year contract to do it after giving an assurance you would honour it.
ftfy

View attachment 1666982

This kinda garbage annoys the hell out of me. "Final straw" implies that JHF gave North any chance to convince him to stay and they blew it.

Without a doubt JHF and Ben Williams saw the Clarko investigation as a convenient excuse to put in a trade request. He was always going, and they were just waiting for a chance like this to minimize the blowback.

JHF was at North because 2021 wasn’t much better. Idk where he thought he was heading but it wasn’t Geelong

Don’t really see why people are getting blamed
Usually players make it very obvious they don’t want to move
Clearly that is what he should have done
Now maybe he would have stayed if we weren’t so awful on the football field but we were and he always had the option
Under those conditions it makes no difference what was done specifically
Look at GC
3 captains have left
Syd did not want Hewett to go
They do a deal and move on
As we should
Nah. It’s not the act of leaving, it’s the conduct during his tenure and on his way out that rankles. No different to the Lobb situation but reported very, very differently due to the stench of media bias.

This wreaks of the Prince Regent saying, "Why are the peasants making that infernal noise?"

As for JHF claiming his decision was brave, that's no doubt the PR talking point that was drummed into him. They are trying to reframe the narrative. But without any context of, say, an acknowledgment of a significant mental health episode requiring intervention, then there is no bravery involved in preferring to play for a finals-bound team on more money and in your home state. That's not bravery, that's taking the easy path. The only thing even approaching bravery in that decision is the awareness that it will attract a great deal of negative feedback, that you are prepared for it and willing to face it with grace. But they are not doing that, they are not doing the brave thing, they are sooking about it.

Let them eat cake
bruce bogtrotter omg GIF by Stan.

View attachment 1666982

I suspect that William told Fabian that a trade after one year and while still under contract might be tricky and that without some sort of circuit breaker, the kid might have to suck it up for another year. Then the Hawthorn report blew up along with Russell ****ing Jackson's article, and they got the circuit breaker they were hoping for.

Anyone got access behind paywall on this article?.
Some of our favourite people in Caroline Wilson and JHF combine to put it together
The PR witch doing a feel good article for the AFL shocked . Was the word Brave used in the article, that’s been patented by the Dogs

Last edited:
The PR witch doing a feel good article for the AFL shocked . Was the word Brave used in the article, that’s been patented by the Dogs

Yes it's a PR exercise for the AFL as well as for Jason Fabian and the Port Powers, but at least they have come to realise that part of the cluster**** that they've brought upon themselves was the result of sticking the boots into North Melbourne to justify what they did. That has not gone down well with the wider football public and they are paying the price for that. This article is a clear attempt to de-Cornes this story.

I can’t really argue with anything that was written in the Age about JHF today. However, from a sheer volume of column inches and photos point of view, over the top would be an understatement.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can’t really argue with anything that was written in the Age about JHF today. However, from a sheer volume of column inches and photos point of view, over the top would be an understatement.

I completely disagree with the suggestion that him leaving us was courageous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah same for me. He made his decision about it but calling it courageous is absolute tripe.

Yeah, true. However, it’s just a direct quote from JHF. It’s not really the gist of the article. Honestly, I can let it slide. It’s clear Jason is not a rocket scientist. He’s not alone, in that regard in footy.

Yeah, true. However, it’s just a direct quote from JHF. It’s not really the gist of the article. Honestly, I can let it slide. It’s clear Jason is not a rocket scientist. He’s not alone, in that regard in footy.

Its rocket surgery mate. Get it right. :rolleyes:

Its rocket surgery mate. Get it right. :rolleyes:

🤣 I think we can agree he’s a potential “rocket”, though. I remember the first time I saw that clip of him tackling Darcy Fogarty before we drafted him. I thought he was our Messiah. Luckily, Sheezel has come good. Otherwise, I’d be in complete mourning.

🤣 I think we can agree he’s a potential “rocket”, though. I remember the first time I saw that clip of him tackling Darcy Fogarty before we drafted him. I thought he was our Messiah. Luckily, Sheezel has come good. Otherwise, I’d be in complete mourning.

It was a good bit of play. He does them.

I think he's got genuine questions over his mentality. I think Dangerfield is a good comparison. But I don't think that much of Danger either. His ego is huge but imo considering his natural talent he's underperformed. The GF they lost to Richmond was a classic example. Someone with Dangerfield's talent should have been able to compete well that day but he was AWOL. He's lucky to be a premiership player.

Remember the criticism LDU used to get for running slowly after the opposition. I think its fair that LDU was going as hard as he could cos the fitter he's got the harder he's chased and the more ball he's got generally. The two are linked directly to his fitness. Even running slowly shows a much higher level of commitment than walking in terms of effort when you're cooked. Giving in and walking is different to trying to run no matter how hard it is. I reckon JHF will end up similar.

I probably wouldn't Boo NCJ but I reckon I'd spent a bit of time laughing at him and hanging shit on him at a game. However well he was playing. Especially if he stopped running.

Anyway that's enough about him for one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back