Opinion Commentary & Media VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone remember what ground it was that Winnie took that grab from Carey's kick at the start of that highlights package?
Manuka Oval. I was sitting a little to the left of the cheersquad and got a great view of Winnie's mark. He was brilliant to watch.

Caro's take is unbelievable and for me summarises everything that's wrong with football media nowadays,

Once again trying to create a debate over literally nothing over "whether coaches should remain in the coaches box" rubbish.

I have not seen one genuine rational person (caro and cornes don't count) actually have a go at Clarko and what he is doing yet the media try to create drama and debate when its just not there to be had.

Caro's take is unbelievable and for me summarises everything that's wrong with football media nowadays,

Once again trying to create a debate over literally nothing over "whether coaches should remain in the coaches box" rubbish.

I have not seen one genuine rational person (caro and cornes don't count) actually have a go at Clarko and what he is doing yet the media try to create drama and debate when its just not there to be had.
The hypocrisy is evidenced by the time in the past where they've praised coaches for coaching from the bench. Clarkso was celebrating small wins with players, ensuring that they were engaged with the game, recognising contributions, teaching the players under his charge what it feels like to be respected and worthy of being in an AFL team. He needs confidence across the board. Unlike the baggers who inhabit the media, twitter and bigfooty, Clarkson is building a team, not knocking one down.

IDtCLgGY.jpg

here.

From when I first watched footy (around 1959) coaches always sat on the boundary line with the runner, head trainer, doctor, chairman of selectors, etc. Cue old photos of Norm Smith, John Kennedy, Allan Killigrew and Barassi when coaching Carlton. Watch old Grand Final videos. An elevated box was an idea from early 70s I think. ( other posters may have better intel.) I think Barass had the box over the race in the old Arden Street grandstand installed around 1974. During the 80s I recall Allan Jeans coaching Hawthorn from the area next to the interchange area at Princes Park. As usual, a non issue from the footy 'media.'

If Clarko's behaviour was "hubris of the worst order", then I am proud to announce that I too was guilty of "hubris of the worst order" when I was jumping up and down in front of the TV during the game.

Though, I'd describe it as being an invested, excited supporter.

Caro probably doesn't know what hubris means. Or else I don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for posting that GR I got a bit teary myself.

Winnie is an absolute legend of this footy club!

It was so good to see Winnie, the first number as a kid I got out on my North jumper was 15.

And I was a bit surprised how emotional he got actually. I'd been under the impression that he'd become more of a Freo guy over the years since his retirement and not leaving the club in the best circumstances but he still bleeds blue and white afterall :relieved:

If Clarko's behaviour was "hubris of the worst order", then I am proud to announce that I too was guilty of "hubris of the worst order" when I was jumping up and down in front of the TV during the game.

Though, I'd describe it as being an invested, excited supporter.

Caro probably doesn't know what hubris means. Or else I don't.
Sorry Ltk

Hubris

It’s all hubris

Thou shalt not be emotionally invested

HU-BRIS

Never forget

I feel like i wrote hubris too much

Don’t say hubris

Oh I said hubris

What an utter freak Winnie was.

I still marvel at his kicking ability more than anything I think. Perfectly dual-sided but more than that it was the way he flushed them. For a bloke all of about 5’9 he’d bomb set shots from well outside 50 with what looked like ease. No running around on an arc and hoiking them like Kingy. Just perfect balance and technique.

Sorry Ltk

Hubris

It’s all hubris

Thou shalt not be emotionally invested

HU-BRIS

Never forget

I feel like i wrote hubris too much

Don’t say hubris

Oh I said hubris
Did Caro actually say hubris?
Woulda thought she said hubrith…

I still haven’t watched it, I swore I wouldn’t watch the trifecta of doom, and I broke that when I watched the corne Francis clip, but I’m back on the wagon. **** em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back