Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Soccer has always had greater participation at youth levels. Has been for as long as I can remember. When boys hit puberty they like having contact in their sport. I would like to see a participation breakdown through stages of development.
Finding what you are asking is difficult
I know from anecdotal evidence it slightly decreases with age due to other factors, I wouldn’t say the underlined is much of a factor as much as you believe, but refer below:

Is he wrong though?

It is a contact sport. Punish when it comes to bumping/cheap shots and sling tackles but in a non-sling motion there's nothing that can be done. Players will just allow them to go without hindrance for an easy goal. That's a great way to play footy 👍.

You can argue mitigating risks all you want but it doesn't look like that. They are heading towards touch footy.

Make players sign a waiver regarding concussion and general injury risk. If you're concerned, don't play. This doesn't have to be complicated. Simplify the dos and do nots for all players.

This grey area bullshit needs to stop.
Simplify the rules.

Then, consider it as bad luck if a player is concussed in a straightforward football act. If it's an act that leans more towards potentially being dangerous, then it's an offence. There's a degree of randomness to outcomes so they should have less weight; it's the action and intent that should be penalised.

OMG, the time keeper forgot to restart the clock, which resulted in an extra 42 seconds of play that should not have been. Imagine if that impacted the result in such a tight game.
There are billions being pumped into the code, yet it is run by absolute amateurs. Farcical.

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 6.21.45 pm.png

As people have said and Masked Avenger l hope will back me on, you cannot sign away your rights to sustaining an injury in your employment.
Jeez Hoj, you should have seen some of the disclaimers I had to sign for work purposes. Some of them still prohibit me discussing aspects of the task with penalties if "up to 10 years at his majesty's pleasure" and without a guaranteed supply of soap on a rope, I believe that I was forced to sign away my rights to sustaining an injury in my employment.

Although I did manage to avoid signing one NDA and got away with it for four years without anybody realising it.

There's been no trend or otherwise of anyone leaving apart from no chase, anyone who's anybody has either signed long term or indicated they will...just seemed like an odd comment to make based on absolutely nothing.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
I don't think it was odd at all.

They were simply saying, we've been pretty shit for a few years, and not winning games. For any club that would be something that would have players considering whether they sign on or not.

But having a coach with a resume like Clarko, that alone will have players wanting to stick around til it all turns, more so than if you're being coached by Patrick Karnezis in his first year at the helm.

Wasn't a dig at the club at all, more a statement on how big of a bonus it is having Clarko.

I don't think it was odd at all.

They were simply saying, we've been pretty shit for a few years, and not winning games. For any club that would be something that would have players considering whether they sign on or not.

But having a coach with a resume like Clarko, that alone will have players wanting to stick around til it all turns, more so than if you're being coached by Patrick Karnezis in his first year at the helm.

Wasn't a dig at the club at all, more a statement on how big of a bonus it is having Clarko.

Fair enough. We disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

41:48

"Welcome back to Griffin Logue. So important for what North Melbourne want to do moving forward. No other player [this round] had greater impact with their defensive actions."

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back