Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff must be a bit triggering for you mate, hope you're ok.

It was weird. My wife always mentions to me about road accidents whenever she hears about the Alfred. So this morning she told me someone got hit by a truck and it would be on the news.

Lo and behold I realised it was this later in the arvo.

Thanks for your thoughts

Truck driver apparently passed roadside tests by police, but refused to volunteer a blood sample which is a mandatory part of traffic accident investigation.

Truck driver apparently passed roadside tests by police, but refused to volunteer a blood sample which is a mandatory part of traffic accident investigation.
Is it? Since when? I didn’t think police could take blood if you have provided breath and saliva screening? I thought it was very hard for police to take your blood. Im probably wrong but im not sure I would allow police my blood either.

When people refuse tests I think many assume they are hiding something. But if he passed alcohol and drug tests then I'm not sure why bloods matter. I suppose they can pick up stuff the on the spots don't. Interesting that his licence was suspended on the spot for refusal so they must have the legal right. There hasn't been any indication or dog whistling that the truckie was at fault.

Last edited:
Rightly so. Breath and saliva tests are limited in what they pick up.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
Why does anything need to be picked up? If someone walks out in front of a truck, we have to ruin the drivers life too? If he was found to have done something wrong, culpable, then sure? But if he hasn’t, why?

Why does anything need to be picked up? If someone walks out in front of a truck, we have to ruin the drivers life too? If he was found to have done something wrong, culpable, then sure? But if he hasn’t, why?
Thats a rather dumb question tbh. It is illegal to drive with drugs or alcohol (over limit) - it could have affected his judgement. Someone is dead and whilst it may not be the drivers direct fault, drugs for example may have impeded his ability to react quicker to avoid the accident. He is most unlucky it happened to him but it doesn't remove the illegality of driving with drugs in his system, if that happened to be the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rightly so. Breath and saliva tests are limited in what they pick up.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
Not rightly so.

If Landsberger was on his phone crossing the street and stepped in front of the truck, the truckie hadn't run a red light/zebra, etc, and tested negative for breath and saliva analysis, why should he give up blood samples? In case he had a line of coke a week ago at a bucks party or was on blood thinners?

If I knew I had done everything right and passed all in situ tests, I'd be pretty ****ing ropeable if they wanted me to trot off to the hospital for blood tests while still in shock that you'd just accidentally killed someone.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not rightly so.

If Landsberger was on his phone crossing the street and stepped in front of the truck, the truckie hadn't run a red light/zebra, etc, and tested negative for breath and saliva analysis, why should he give up blood samples? In case he had a line of coke a week ago at a bucks party or was on blood thinners?

If I knew I had done everything right and passed all in situ tests, I'd be pretty ****ing ropeable if they wanted me to trot off to the hospital for blood tests while still in shock that you'd just accidentally killed someone.

Really? Don't agree.

Thats a rather dumb question tbh. It is illegal to drive with drugs or alcohol (over limit) - it could have affected his judgement. Someone is dead and whilst it may not be the drivers direct fault, drugs for example may have impeded his ability to react quicker to avoid the accident. He is most unlucky it happened to him but it doesn't remove the illegality of driving with drugs in his system, if that happened to be the case.
Ummm.... he passed on site breath test analysis and drug test analysis

Don't necessarily disagree but not everyone trusts the police either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back