Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Sort of agree. However, there’s nothing stopping the present North Melbourne setup building the club into a far more “desirable” and successful destination. We’ve been a very beige and boring club since the demise of the Carey days. Right now, Sonja, Sheez, Wardlaw, McKercher, LDU and Larkey + others have positioned us to be a very successful “boutique” club - if we play our cards right. The “value” of Sonja should not be underestimated. Suddenly, we look good to a host of people who, in the past, would have considered us backward thinking and a male dominated boys club - rightly or wrongly.

Agree. Too much ‘whoa it’s me/poor old Norf’ sentiment here. Once we start winning, including Premierships with this lot, watch the profile change, membership, attendance and sponsorship lift.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

🤣 You’ve just about encapsulated it all in that last paragraph, D. Now, if you can just express it in Haiku form, we can request that it be displayed on the banner for our next home game.
Not Haiku, but Mrs.H.put into chat gpt for me;

It sounds like you've had a challenging few years and are hoping for better times ahead. It's understandable to feel this way after experiencing a difficult period. Here's to hoping that the coming years bring more positivity and brighter moments. 🤣

Sort of agree. However, there’s nothing stopping the present North Melbourne setup building the club into a far more “desirable” and successful destination. We’ve been a very beige and boring club since the demise of the Carey days. Right now, Sonja, Sheez, Wardlaw, McKercher, LDU and Larkey + others have positioned us to be a very successful “boutique” club - if we play our cards right. The “value” of Sonja should not be underestimated. Suddenly, we look good to a host of people who, in the past, would have considered us backward thinking and a male dominated boys club - rightly or wrongly.

Well let’s not be despondent in 4 weeks time when we’ve run into the shit wall we faced at the start of the year with the Draw

Sydney, Blues, Cats and Dogs again…who knows what will happen?

As long as we are competitive

I think I wrote on that ridiculous Bye Bye Clarko thread that as long as we see improvement in the last rounds of the year is a measure of our 2024 improvement

Whilst the Sun has shone this week, remember we are at the start of a marathon regardless of what happens this next

Whatever Club we are now and 2025 will not matter by 2026/27

Boutique
Middlesome
Giant

He was tho. He might have learned if he's done some serious self reflection.
I dont know of it was all on brad but what i will say is if more heads were involved in the decision making they xouldnt have been as poor unless the others were just yes men,

Great leaders surround themselves with people that question their decisions. Only then can critical analysis be applied to proposals

It’s amazing how quickly sentiment can shift from total basket case to amazing potential practically overnight. The impact of one game against GC.
There is a couple of things here.

1) they’ll build us up just enough to bring us down.
2) hype is only hype until we’ve done something to substantiate it.

There has been a fair bit of carry on, on this board over a single win.

I get that we’ve been really starved of good football for too long but a single win does not mean that we’ve gone from shit house to good. A good month also doesn’t mean this.

How’s about we go all of next season with our pressure rating around where it has been since the bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was tho. He might have learned if he's done some serious self reflection.
There is no way you can say it was definitely him.

Given the Laidley era ended badly, and Shaw & Noble finished quickly, safe to say there were other problems.

There is a couple of things here.

1) they’ll build us up just enough to bring us down.
2) hype is only hype until we’ve done something to substantiate it.

There has been a fair bit of carry on, on this board over a single win.

I get that we’ve been really starved of good football for too long but a single win does not mean that we’ve gone from shit house to good. A good month also doesn’t mean this.

How’s about we go all of next season with our pressure rating around where it has been since the bye.
I did say “sentiment”, though. There are no guarantees in life. However, it is very clear what this team is capable of delivering now. We’ve all seen it. Also, I’m not in any way going out on a limb in stating that we should only get better from here. The only player we are guaranteed of losing over the next three years is Liam Shiels. So, I can’t help but feel very positive about our future. I expect I’ll be proven correct. Having said that, R1 next year is when we really have to start delivering. Moreover, how any nuffie on BigFooty feels about how North are travelling has actually no bearing on how the team performs. 🤣 That I know for a fact.

I dont know of it was all on brad but what i will say is if more heads were involved in the decision making they xouldnt have been as poor unless the others were just yes men,

Great leaders surround themselves with people that question their decisions. Only then can critical analysis be applied to proposals

Scott had Cam Joyce, his groomed yesman, as his boss at the end. Says enough.

Clarko appeared on On The Couch this evening.

• The start of the interview was about the weekends tackles and whether they deserved three weeks.
  • then it was about his break last season and the effects that the Hawthorn debacle has had on him and then the discussion he had with the players before the West Coast game.
  • Also discussed briefly the rebuild at Hawthorn compared to the rebuild at North.
  • And to finish Dicko (standing in for Gary Lyon) had Clarko answer some "quick fire" questions. He is not sure if we will have co-Captains next season, that will be reviewed at the end of the season, and Sheezel will not be Captan next season, he is still learning the game.

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back