Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Four years later and they haven't. Spill.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Have heard many, many stories but I wasn't there so who know which ones are true. I think the general consensus is that the club's overall management of the hub was atrocious. Just wait and the stories will come.

Anyone else listen to Gaz & Whisp on sen this week the morning after the Craig Kelly/Collingwood racism story broke? Gaz said there was a fair bit of feedback coming through via text that they weren’t saying much about it, Gaz said (paraphrasing) that after the Clarko/Hawthorn racism story broke a lot of people went really hard early before the facts were out and they now regret it.
Everyone is happy to jump on the virtue signalling bandwagon untill it derails.

I don't think we realise what we have yet.

LDU is the best midfielder we've had since boomer in he's prime or Best since our premiership years.

Then sheezel is close to the best talent/year performance of a player we've had since carey.

Then wardlaw wowee.

Mckercher is getting 30 touches in he's first year... can you guys rememeber when we had a group who struggled to break 20?

Then Powell, Phillips maybe in that group.

And big x. I reckon if you asked a group of mids if they wanted a deft behemoth that would gently lay the ball in your lap or a bollocking brute to hurt the opposition, they'd pick the brute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard many, many stories but I wasn't there so who know which ones are true. I think the general consensus is that the club's overall management of the hub was atrocious. Just wait and the stories will come.
Will they though? I get the sense that most people have drawn a line through that period of time and no-one will talk about it or provide a forum for it to be talked about.

I don't think we realise what we have yet.

LDU is the best midfielder we've had since boomer in he's prime or Best since our premiership years.

Then sheezel is close to the best talent/year performance of a player we've had since carey.

Then wardlaw wowee.

Mckercher is getting 30 touches in he's first year... can you guys rememeber when we had a group who struggled to break 20?

Then Powell, Phillips maybe in that group.

And big x. I reckon if you asked a group of mids if they wanted a deft behemoth that would gently lay the ball in your lap or a bollocking brute to hurt the opposition, they'd pick the brute.
🤣 I wouldn’t be knocking the “Deft Behemoth” either, though. Why can’t we have both? Let’s ask the El Paso kid…

Without wanting to break confidences can share a bit about the hub.

After a West Side Story night, 2 young players had a heated altercation about the Jets vs Sharks. Got to the point security had to be called.

Hester Brown upset a lot of people declaring Handel was the best of the Baroque. Several players were rusted on Bach supporters and let the Brown family know their thoughts in no uncertain terms.

One experienced key position player received several packets of Iced Vovos from his mum but stashed them away without sharing. This was seen as violating the team first ethos being preached, especially by a team leader.

Finally, know for a fact a young player and coach clashed to the point of physical confrontation when the coach tried to claim "moops" as a Scrabble word.

And these are just scratching the surface.

After a West Side Story night, 2 young players had a heated altercation about the Jets vs Sharks. Got to the point security had to be called.

Hester Brown upset a lot of people declaring Handel was the best of the Baroque. Several players were rusted on Bach supporters and let the Brown family know their thoughts in no uncertain terms.

One experienced key position player received several packets of Iced Vovos from his mum but stashed them away without sharing. This was seen as violating the team first ethos being preached, especially by a team leader.

Finally, know for a fact a young player and coach clashed to the point of physical confrontation when the coach tried to claim "moops" as a Scrabble word.

That’s some specific info there KC, no wonder there was trouble, I mean , Handel ?!!!

There's no Moops. It's Moors!!

Intensifies Starship Troopers GIF

Pretty much corroborates what I'd heard, with the addendum that there were a younger group of Vivaldi fans amongst the players who were upset that their views weren't even given a look in.

I take it as read that Robbie Tarrant was one of the Bach men.

Looking for either the video or podcast episode of BackChat with Hamish Brayshaw and Will Schoefield in which Hamish says something along the lines of "...over the next 10 years, NM will win more flags than any other team..."

Anyone know where I can find that one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back