Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Without wanting to break confidences can share a bit about the hub.

After a West Side Story night, 2 young players had a heated altercation about the Jets vs Sharks. Got to the point security had to be called.

Hester Brown upset a lot of people declaring Handel was the best of the Baroque. Several players were rusted on Bach supporters and let the Brown family know their thoughts in no uncertain terms.

One experienced key position player received several packets of Iced Vovos from his mum but stashed them away without sharing. This was seen as violating the team first ethos being preached, especially by a team leader.

Finally, know for a fact a young player and coach clashed to the point of physical confrontation when the coach tried to claim "moops" as a Scrabble word.

And these are just scratching the surface.

You obviously didn't hear about the Lord Palmerston incident?

Last edited:

Book?

Needs a tv series!

Days of our Hub

Ep 4 is a cliffhanger with Shaws telling Polecs what needs to happen at q time

Close up of Polecs face…fade to black

Like this

Iwan Rheon Hbo GIF by Game of Thrones

Was JHF in the hub?

Could be called HornHub if so.

Will they though? I get the sense that most people have drawn a line through that period of time and no-one will talk about it or provide a forum for it to be talked about.
Maybe you are right but I suspect stories will start to be told as retired players chase dollars in years to come with books, speaking engagements, sportsmans nights etc. Some just can't be told I suppose because of libel laws but I think they will come out in due course.

Maybe you are right but I suspect stories will start to be told as retired players chase dollars in years to come with books, speaking engagements, sportsmans nights etc. Some just can't be told I suppose because of libel laws but I think they will come out in due course.
I imagine there will be some future issues across the league with lawsuits around welfare, i'm actually surprised it hasn't started already.

I imagine there will be some future issues across the league with lawsuits around welfare, i'm actually surprised it hasn't started already.
Spot on. Messrs Sue, Grabbit and Run will be all over it in due course.

Hester Brown upset a lot of people declaring Handel was the best of the Baroque. Several players were rusted on Bach supporters and let the Brown family know their thoughts in no uncertain terms.

This is the real reason why we drafted Georgie Wardlaw. He would have had his say on classical music and that would have been that. All would have bowed down to The Warlord.

This is the real reason why we drafted Georgie Wardlaw. He would have had his say on classical music and that would have been that. All would have bowed down to The Warlord.

The boys in the hub couldn't Handel it, and the club had been Chopin and changin' coaches to the point where things were startin' to un-Ravel. But then we got a new Prez, settled on a decent coach and finally, the Liszt manager has scored a few successes.

The boys in the hub couldn't Handel it, and the club had been Chopin and changin' coaches to the point where things were startin' to un-Ravel. But then we got a new Prez, settled on a decent coach and finally, the Liszt manager has scored a few successes.
Nice trySOSky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing that came out of our game on the weekend, is just how good a commentator Joey is.

He's made for the role, and the networks would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't give him more games.
I actually find him the most interesting when talking tactics or game styles etc……he’s a ripper

So I went over to the rolling AA team bigfooty forum.

The media really do have such a huge influence on the narrative. 2 weeks ago no one had sheezel, all of a sudden bam he's in after media get on board.

Same with xerri this past week.

AA really is a popularity thing. I hope they both get in, would love LDU to get in to. My belief is it's harder to perform in a bad team - selectors seem to go the other way, which makes sense to only the best can win games.

So I went over to the rolling AA team bigfooty forum.

The media really do have such a huge influence on the narrative. 2 weeks ago no one had sheezel, all of a sudden bam he's in after media get on board.

Same with xerri this past week.

AA really is a popularity thing. I hope they both get in, would love LDU to get in to. My belief is it's harder to perform in a bad team - selectors seem to go the other way, which makes sense to only the best can win games.
Not just the media. Imagine Bobby Skilton winning 3 Brownlows these days? Not a chance. South won 4 games in one of his medal years.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back