Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I went over to the rolling AA team bigfooty forum.

The media really do have such a huge influence on the narrative. 2 weeks ago no one had sheezel, all of a sudden bam he's in after media get on board.

Same with xerri this past week.

AA really is a popularity thing. I hope they both get in, would love LDU to get in to. My belief is it's harder to perform in a bad team - selectors seem to go the other way, which makes sense to only the best can win games.

Take a step back and it’s champion data that has a huge influence on the media.

Media then pump it out to the masses like they know what they’re talking about because they have random stats to back it up.

Sheezel, LDU and Xerri simply have to make the 40.
I haven't watched enough of other teams but LDU to me has had a really good year. He's turnovers are horrendous, and he's efforts early on were lacklustre.

If he misses 40, I won't cry foul mainly because I just don't know what others have done in the mids - talk of butters, merret, warner missing out and those 3 prob ahead of him

I haven't watched enough of other teams but LDU to me has had a really good year. He's turnovers are horrendous, and he's efforts early on were lacklustre.

If he misses 40, I won't cry foul mainly because I just don't know what others have done in the mids - talk of butters, merret, warner missing out and those 3 prob ahead of him
1723075259620.png
1723075330561.png

LDU is on the left.

Guess who’s in the right. They’re regarded as an absolute monty for a midfield spot.

LDU's averaged more clearances and contested possessions than any of the others you named.

1723075581805.png

View attachment 2071860
View attachment 2071862

LDU is on the left.

Guess who’s in the right. They’re regarded as an absolute monty for a midfield spot.
I'm guessing one of the three you mentioned.

Whoever it is, when it comes to the vital Goal Assist stat they have 50% more than LDU so there's your answer.

And on a slightly serious note they are responsible for 2.3 goals a game with direct assists and their own goals. LDU is worth 1.2. Kicking goals from the midfield does bring plenty of attention and kudos, and its deserved. By anyone's count 23+ and nearly 1.5 goals a season is very, very good.

Anyway it must be Warner if its one of those three cos the others aren't really prolific goal scorers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing one of the three you mentioned.

Whoever it is, when it comes to the vital Goal Assist stat they have 50% more than LDU so there's your answer.

And on a slightly serious note they are responsible for 2.3 goals a game with direct assists and their own goals. LDU is worth 1.2. Kicking goals from the midfield does bring plenty of attention and kudos, and its deserved. By anyone's count 23+ and nearly 1.5 goals a season is very, very good.

Anyway it must be Warner if its one of those three cos the others aren't really prolific goal scorers.
You’re correct.

Warner also goes at 50% by foot so it’s a case of simply ignoring what he does poorly and pumping up his positives (which are very good).

You’re correct.

Warner also goes at 50% by foot so it’s a case of simply ignoring what he does poorly and pumping up his positives (which are very good).
We dodged a bullet taking Perez and Kosi ahead of him when you look at it like that.

So I went over to the rolling AA team bigfooty forum.

The media really do have such a huge influence on the narrative. 2 weeks ago no one had sheezel, all of a sudden bam he's in after media get on board.

Same with xerri this past week.

AA really is a popularity thing. I hope they both get in, would love LDU to get in to. My belief is it's harder to perform in a bad team - selectors seem to go the other way, which makes sense to only the best can win games.
In fairness, over the past number of weeks, both Harry and X have played at a consistent high level. They broke the door down. Media helps - but the players themselves are the main drivers, I think.

That's actually insane. When you look at some of the other names for teams, there's a sprinkling of elite talent - most clubs don't have more then 2 though, ie bulldogs with darcy and JUH.

Some clubs have good kids, not quite elite though.

Ours has 5 genuine on the trajectory to elite. Just need to sort out key fwds out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back