Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

That 50 not being paid to McStay was such a beautiful act of Karma.

The fact that McRae had a sook about it makes even more sweeter. **** me mate, have you noticed how many throws and incorrect disposals you get away with?

Take the blinkers off mate!
The non fifty to us cost is a win.

The non fifty to them has cost them a finals berth.

Superb.

saturdays result may not have gone our way but one positive is that a north player is in the top 2 for champion data rankings across the afl for round 22.

did anyone see this kind of year coming from big X before the season started? definitely proved me wrong.

I might have to send this into CD to justify.

Normally I can understand their ratings which weight damage per possession above everything. But I'd love Hoyne's justification of Gawn vs Xerri's ratings this round.

It seems like Gawn having 8 intecept's and the 4 intercept marks has just overridden a completely ridiculous statistical output from Xerri.

Xerri had +8 disposals, +3 inside 50's, +8 CP, +6 clearances, +1 marks, +1 contested marks, +10 tackles, +15 pressure acts and +3 hitouts.

Some of these are ridculous.

There shouldn't have been a big DE% drop either, as Xerri's was fine.

PlayerRatingPointsSupercoachTimeOnGroundKicksHandballsDisposalsDisposalEfficiencyMetresGainedInside50sContestedPossessionsGroundBallGetsInterceptsTotalClearancesMarksInterceptMarksContestedMarksShotsAtGoalGoalsBehindsGoalAssistsScoreInvolvementsTacklesPressureActsHitouts
Max Gawn
30​
177​
86​
14​
8​
22​
86.4​
330​
3​
15​
0​
8​
6​
5​
4​
3​
0​
0​
0​
0​
3​
2​
6​
30​
Tristan Xerri
26.8​
185​
80​
11​
19​
30​
80​
307​
6​
23​
10​
4​
13​
6​
1​
4​
0​
0​
0​
0​
9​
12​
21​
33​

The little insecure w***er purple putting Gawn over Xerri in the AA and says Xerri needs to prove himself in the last few games?!

Are you kidding me? Gawn is the most insufferable, overrated ruckman I’ve ever seen. Absolute Lebron James of the AFL, he flops around like wet paper and sooks at every contest. Purple doesn’t watch footy at all, he’s got zero idea.

Man I hate the media, it’s not even a discussion, we haven't seen a tough or influential ruckman like big X in yearssssss

The little insecure w***er purple putting Gawn over Xerri in the AA and says Xerri needs to prove himself in the last few games?!

Are you kidding me? Gawn is the most insufferable, overrated ruckman I’ve ever seen. Absolute Lebron James of the AFL, he flops around like wet paper and sooks at every contest. Purple doesn’t watch footy at all, he’s got zero idea.

Man I hate the media, it’s not even a discussion, we haven't seen a tough or influential ruckman like big X in yearssssss
They don't call purple purple for nothing.

Wait whose purple?
Sesame Street Vampire GIF by Muppet Wiki

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might have to send this into CD to justify.

Normally I can understand their ratings which weight damage per possession above everything. But I'd love Hoyne's justification of Gawn vs Xerri's ratings this round.

It seems like Gawn having 8 intecept's and the 4 intercept marks has just overridden a completely ridiculous statistical output from Xerri.

Xerri had +8 disposals, +3 inside 50's, +8 CP, +6 clearances, +1 marks, +1 contested marks, +10 tackles, +15 pressure acts and +3 hitouts.

Some of these are ridculous.

There shouldn't have been a big DE% drop either, as Xerri's was fine.

PlayerRatingPointsSupercoachTimeOnGroundKicksHandballsDisposalsDisposalEfficiencyMetresGainedInside50sContestedPossessionsGroundBallGetsInterceptsTotalClearancesMarksInterceptMarksContestedMarksShotsAtGoalGoalsBehindsGoalAssistsScoreInvolvementsTacklesPressureActsHitouts
Max Gawn
30​
177​
86​
14​
8​
22​
86.4​
330​
3​
15​
0​
8​
6​
5​
4​
3​
0​
0​
0​
0​
3​
2​
6​
30​
Tristan Xerri
26.8​
185​
80​
11​
19​
30​
80​
307​
6​
23​
10​
4​
13​
6​
1​
4​
0​
0​
0​
0​
9​
12​
21​
33​
Well they can’t use goal assists to get Gawn in over Xerri . But they will use intercept mark’s instead lol

These are the headline guests at an official NMFC event.
Have I died and gone to hell?
View attachment 2077923
Yes but not for that reason.

We are hosting a preliminary final lunch. Good off-field initiative.

Meanwhile we have reached 4 preliminary finals in the last 24 years.

That was my takeaway.

Yes but not for that reason.

We are hosting a preliminary final lunch. Good off-field initiative.

Meanwhile we have reached 4 preliminary finals in the last 24 years.

That was my takeaway.
We had to borrow a premiership cup from Carlton for our GF Breakfast back in the day....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

These are the headline guests at an official NMFC event.
Have I died and gone to hell?
View attachment 2077923

Just re-posting a post I made earlier in the thread when the topic of Paul Roos came up:

Paul Roos is an absolute bell end of epic proportions, let me say that.

However, we really don’t help ourselves and the type of characters we’ve chosen to work with over the years.

After years of almost personal attacks on Ben Cunnington and others, we decided to pay Paul to sit on a banana lounge (in between cold messaging people on LinkedIn) and set the direction of our club.

Then, after years of taking relentless potshots at us as a club, we choose to invite Damian Barrett to do an exclusive with our then CEO (Amarfio) and host corporate events on behalf of the club.

At some point we have to say “you’re dead to me” to these campaigners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back